1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell Vostro 1220 Battery

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nathalieMichel, May 27, 2013.

1. nathalieMichel

nathalieMichel New User

Hello,
    My Dell Vostro 1220 needs a new battery,such as: http://www.pcbateria.es/dell-vostro-1220.html .I checked with dell - live chat -- and they tell me they don't make the computer any more and don't have any batteries for it and don't know if they ever will. They gave me a number to call their spare parts department to see if they have any. I'll do that, but if they don't have any, what should I do?
    I've looked at Amazon and other places online and the reviews for third party batteries are not good. My laptop is 3-1/2 years old and I'm not at all ready to replace it - especially for a battery. So what do I do? Is there a trustworthy third party battery manufacturer/seI have a dell laptop. The battery no longer holds a charge longer than 5-10mins, and I can only use it if it's plugged in. Kind of defeats having a laptop! lol I checked their website and the price of the battery is way above what I can afford.
    I checked pcbateria.es and there are batteries there within my budget, but I'm wondering if they will take/hold a charge. I've always heard you HAVE to use Asus with DELL!
    Any tips on getting a battery that will work without giving Asus more of my money?

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

If it were me, I'd just get the battery from Amazon. With these after market batteries you're never sure how it will perform until you try it out. Chances are it will work fine... sometimes better than your old battery when it was new. Other times, it doesn't work as well but works way better than your dead battery so you don't even notice :)