1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleteing of posts.

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Cyborg Bill, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I am sure it is an oversight but may I ask exactly what the rules are for mods deleting posts? I know on ocassion I get a tad spiteful and annoy people which requres the random mod here and there which I have no problem at all with. Normally along with the delete there are sitings for the rule/s violated and the name of the person modding the post. I recently had another one deleted for breaking the rules of posting a reply in a selling thread but it was not signed by the person who had modded it.

I just want to know if it is an option for the person modding the post or if like on PCF others NOT working for the forum itself having mod privleges that are nor required to sign the modded post.

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

It should show who deleted the post if the mod/admin has "soft" deleted it. There is also an optional field to give a reason (generally the Rule being sighted is the accepted method here). Not sure why you can't see the information but it should be enabled for everyone to see on a "soft" delete. If the information bar saying that the post has been deleted isn't there then it means the post has been "hard" deleted and removed from the database entirely. The only way to see who and what happened then is for us to check the admin/mod logs.

Apologies if this is the case Bill, if you PM me with details and I will look into it.

In general discussion threads, "soft" deletion is the norm so all members can see that a thread was deleted and why. Sales/Shop/Service threads etc however tend to get the "hard" deletion so as to keep them tidy and on topic for the OP. This is an administration service we provide, sometimes on request, for the people running those threads. Rule sub-set 5 specifically covers the "Trade and Business" threads but obviously the other Rule sub-set also still apply. If anyone would like clarification on any rule, please don't hesitate to ask.

We do review the rules periodically, its just a matter of the admin/mod team having the time and opportunity to meet up in Skype together at the same time as we all have significantly busy RL (and different time-zones on top of that).

As always please feel free and welcome to PM any of us at any time to discuss anything. Just bare in mind we mind not reply within 30 seconds ;)

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I was just curious as Every post I have had modded here has shown who did the modding except the last one. I just dont wanna see PAF turning into PCF with shady tactics of posts getting modded in suport of personal friends as goes on over there. I think that no matter what the reason or thread topic that when there is a mod for a post the person doing it should be known as well as the rules siting to keep this feeling of sneaky snake tatctics off PAF to avoid issues later down the road.

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yep this is what we have strived for from the beginning. I have yet to look into this properly a i simply haven't had the time. Rest assured though that I will.