1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decay rates on Ark armors

Discussion in 'Armour' started by Sensei, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Sensei

Sensei Member

hello all..

was interested in knowing the decay rates on all ark armors does any on have a spread sheet or can direct me. new to ark system and would like to see the decay rates was lookin on entropedia there list seems to be lacking the decay rates protection types and other stats show up but not sure if there was a better more in dept list or perhaps some one had a personal spread sheet would be nice to have

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Don't forget the benefit of dodge and evade as getting hit less certainly plays a huge part in your decay costs. Im not sure but I think (at least pre VU 10) that decay per hit wasn't a standard it was adjusted with evade and dodge skills. IE. No evade Argo hit for 25 damage.. Level 15 evade Argo hit for 5-7 damage in same gear (was Ghost 5/b back then for myself and numbers are off the top of my head as I wasn't recording EU play back then) thus decaying armor less per hit. Knowin MA that aint how it works now more then likely. But such is life in here I spose.

4. KikkiJikki

I don't think that's how it works now. My experience is that evade only determines your chance of getting hit, not the damage done. My reasoning here is based on the consistency of results in testing max damage from mobs, as well as the alignment between my observations and damage predicted in the Entropedia armour vs mobs tool.

5. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

doesn't the entropedia calc tool go on the premise that armors are used at max abilities? Also are you tracking your results over a reasonable change in evades and dodges? I have used bear armor since like my first 8 months. This is why I say what I do as I see the changes over time.

Maybe a good experiment would be to have a zero skill nub track not only decays but damage range per hit over time in same gear vs same mobs with changes in evade and dodge growing naturally over that period.

Would help explain why our decays are at crackhead levels in a few hundred ped hunts vs an ubers decays are at minimal over k's of ped cycled on higher level mobs.

6. KikkiJikki

I don't believe there is any relationship between any player skill\profession and the effectiveness of a given set of armour,

Entropedia calcs armour decay based on the formula in this article
    Armour vs mob, applies min, average or max damage (depending on what you chose) and then calculates the protection and resulting decay based on the characteristics of the armour and the formula in that article.

My experience matches the predictions and though I have good evade (lvl 38) I am no uber.

Furthermore, max damage test, mob % dam type tests can be repeated by anyone. If the results weren't consistent for everyone, then
    people would observe an average damage <> 75% max damage, and its not clear to me if % dam breakdowns could be done reliably.

The reason high level players have lower decay bills is because:
    - higher evade means less hits being taken
    - high hitpoints plus access to great faps means they can take more damage without dying and can therefore wear armour that offers less protection and that decays less
    - they are less likely to need to spend time combat fapping, reducing the cost to kill and the defensive cost.

I've noticed this for myself over the time I have been playing, some mobs just don't hit me any more. Other mobs hit rarely enough that I can put off fapping till afher they were dead. Two years ago, with lower evade I found myself needing to combat fap several times for each kill against these mobs - a sign that I was hunting above my evade level

In my view Evade is the most important profession for determining how big you can hunt, without losing your shirt. Not only in terms of the number of hits you take that generate decay, but also in the mob crit rate. I tried perseus against big huons and I got slaughtered cos they would just crit me too often. And even when they weren't critting, the hit rate was such that I was taking a huge armour decay bill.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki