1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily Tokens?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Lizzy-Storm, May 20, 2018.

1. Lizzy-Storm

Lizzy-Storm Member

I was wondering about Daily Tokens and wanted to know what the Arkadians think about it.

Especially on Calypso you can do a handful of dailies to get these daily tokens for some pretty nice rewards, and I feel like we are missing that at the moment on Arkadia. And yes, we got the Arkoins and the Arkoin vendor but no Arkoins because reasons.

As daily tokens can be an incentive for players to stick with a planet, I wanted to know if you think Arkadia should get something like that too or not. What kind of rewards there should be. Or if you think it's all fine and dandy but the current systems should be improved, what should be improved?

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Dove

Dove Active Member

I don't like tokens, I prefer and immediate reward like the skill we get from Payback mission at the moment; and then the progression reward, like the uniforms and Dropship.

What I do think would be nice (and I guess that you could consider it a token type system), is if the Arkoin vendor had other equipment available for Arkoin that requires a certain IFN Rank to access / purchase it, I also feel that those items should have a stat boost / edge above other equipment and that it should also be bound to the avatar that purchases it, to reward that player for his / her effort and loyalty, but also to negate that equipment from messing with the economy. Currently the only IFN Rank rewards are for hunters, perhaps this would include consideration for miners and crafters too ?

It would be HIGHLY dependable on the Arkoin loot availability; which I believe requires some adjustment.

Token type missions like on Caly can be nice, BUT for ark I would prefer to be rewarded with Arkoins as the token.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lizzy-Storm

Lizzy-Storm Member

Arkoins are certainly a thing that could constitute for (daily) tokens. Problem is that MA needs to be pressured to restore their drops as they were, because paying 200% for them it a bit too much considering the costs of the smuggler clothes. And their drop rate have sucked for far too long now too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

I like daily tokens, I let them build up in storage and then eventually buy a new gun which is usually very handy, so if there were more missions with arkoins as rewards then that would be a nice easily implemented improvement to Arkadia.

At the moment arkoins only seem to drop in small amounts in the instances, if they were dropped more frequently or as a reward from a specific daily mission that would be great.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Lizzy-Storm

Lizzy-Storm Member

I love that idea :)

6. Roo.82

Roo.82 New Member

I definitely like the idea of expanding the use of Arkoin as a token system, assuming we get a more reliable source of them. I'm also curious if it would be possible for them to drop outside of instances on Ark to compensate for their dramatically lowered drop rate.

7. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

8. Roo.82

Roo.82 New Member

Definitely possibly. Though I'm curious about the pros and cons of a token system that encompasses both Ark and its moon as opposed to having separate token systems.

9. Mr Super Muis

Mr Super Muis Active Member

the thing is .. all missions give skillz.. we have enaf of it... if theres at least a few that gives tokens.. and with these tokens u can buy loot with it... makes it allot more fun.. and it feels like your working towords sumthing

10. Lizzy-Storm

Lizzy-Storm Member

Well, you can also combine skills with tokens. Oratan mission could give a few tokens on top of the skill rewards, although those that have completed most of the dailies would not like missing out on that.

People aren't running as much instances as before as the loot returns seem to have been screwed just like the arkoin drops.

Does anyone think there should be more the arkoin vendor should sell if there were more arkoins in the loot pool?

11. San

San Well-Known Member

With the same authority calling the shots on their droprate, I don't think adding another channel will make a difference. There must be a reason for the nerf and as long as we're not allowed to know what it is it's hard to suggest anything constructive. Otoh people keep yelling at them to do something about falling markups and since these drop from instances which are notorious for bad returns, it could be the result of trying to balance these conflicting interests. (I recognize that lower amounts and higher markups cancel each other out, but at least saleability improves.) Whatever they do, someone will complain.

12. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

Big fan of the token system and would love to see it on Ark. I have to confess that when Mrs PED card is feeling ill, I go to Caly to do the missions and this has baled me out on quite a few occasions. I don't like feeding the Caly pool but needs must...

13. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

This is what arkoins are for... pressure MA to do some balancing and get our loot back. Maybe the balancing in Loot 2.0 is all done by algorithm and if so, then it needs to be revised because it is failing for certain classes of item.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  14. Hiro_Protagonist

Hiro_Protagonist Member

I would prefer if all missions gave tokens as rewards and you could buy skills at a token trader. It's frustrating as a player who specializes in mindforce to get shortblades or handgun as a reward.

15. San

San Well-Known Member

All activities give skills, if you want something specific then you just engage in a relevant activity. That people aren't motivated, to the extent of being "frustrated", to do anything without a mission attached is... I don't know what to call it, really. Weird, at the very least.

16. Lizzy-Storm

Lizzy-Storm Member

I have the same, as melee I really don't care about getting range skills as rewards.

But then I think. Being able to do range damage is not too shabby if I ever join an Oratan event because doing that with a shortblade is rather... idiotic. Then anyone who got a ranged profession should really do some melee at least one afternoon, as it benefits HP and carried weight limit.

So there are benefits in getting some sideskills. As an elaboration on your idea, I would like to see that you have a bit more choice in skill rewards. Out of the hunting professions you would be able to choose a melee, ranged or MF reward. So when you choose to get a MF reward, you can get pyro, or you can get concentration. Same with melee, you can get shortblades or one handed mace.