1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missions Daily Craft Mission Please

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by SallyBridges, Feb 12, 2015.

Would You Use a Daily Crafting Mission On Arkadia

Poll closed Mar 12, 2015.
  1. Yes

95.0%
  2. No

5.0%
  1. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Would it be possible for Arkadia to have a daily craft mission as this currently seams to be the only proffession not covered and would be a nice to have.

Monria hasa craft 500 items for .75pec engineering so I am guessing that sort of mission on ark would be kinda cool as well and maybe get some more people in to crafting on arkadia.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

+1

I would like to see a bit more effort going into crafting. It is the one profession that is normally left out of events as well.

3. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Although I'm nowhere close enough to start crafting myself, a huge +1.

4. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

I completly agree. Ark has very cool looking armors and weapons. I'd love to see more clothing stuff as well.

So a crating daily would help us all help you promote Ark on different planets and also make some bigger crafters flock to Ark to craft.

Cheers!

5. May

May Active Member

Yush, crafting missions would be great! :biggrin2: (Whether they would be daily or not.)

P.s.
    Another thing to bring up again for the crafting wishlist: NOT looting Caly specific BPs anymore on other Planets.
    E.g. it makes no sense whatsoever to loot Caly Texture BPs here, that use hides from Caly exclusive mobs.
    (Not to mention that their demand/offer is out of whack, since everyone is looting them all over the Universe.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

My avatar has been clicking all day while I have been at work in order to build up his crafting skills.

Would be great to get a daily mission

Reward us arkoins!

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

You are out of luck there. It may look like those are caly specific bps but they are actually "shared" eu wide bps. Crafting loots bps from a pool that includes shared bps as well as planet specific ones. MA would need to change the attribute of the bps to make them non-shared and that has some flow on impacts for other PPs. It would also screw with the MU of our local bps since they would obviously loot more frequently.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the new auction shipping capabilities makes the impact of shared bp loot less annoying as you can buy stuff from anywhere in the universe as well as get remote bidders on your local auctions.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

8. cattsscann

cattsscann Member

Something similar to Cyrenes 5 or six daily crafting missions.. a little bit of effort hunting different mobs and mining different ores and maters to get the right ingrediants.. tie daily hunting/mining/crafting all together :2pec:

9. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

+1000 to that

10. Daka

Daka Member

It would be nice to have daily crafting mission on Arkadia indeed. I did Monria mission some times ago, but after that i get litlebit bored. And lonely. Not saying Monria is bad planet or moon, whatever it is, its just from my point of view Arkadia has more to offer. More interesting content. Arkadia doesn't need to have rewarding mission as one on Monria, but something will be cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bradley Killer Kell

Bradley Killer Kell Member

Something that can help these Hunters and Miners move the low quantity of stuff they gather on a daily basis.

Would be awesome to target the basics... like Oil and Kaz Stones, and Gallard Leather and Carabok Leg Hair (well, that ones a bit more rare to drop)... which would also mean Ark Crafters would be targeting Ark-Specific BPs on some of this stuff.

Crafters are vital to the Economy, so we need more of them working. :D Myself included (working on Blue Print Comprehension in Space, then setting up Shop with improved skills in Arkadia).

12. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

I disagree even though it's a necro.

Monria has that as sole attractor right now. Ark has treasures, Cyrene the epic mission chains and RT the strippers.

If so, the reward should be something different. There needs to be incentive to travel.

13. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

Did you say strippers? I may have to travel!

14. Bradley Killer Kell

"even though it's a necro"

Man, I really hate that. I do.

So what? The Thread was started a long time ago. And?

New Members join every day, they see a Topic that interests them. It's a topic that is relevant. Also, this one was started THIS YEAR.

Now look... because some one 'brought it back to life' we now have Members openly discussing the issue again, so that we can continue to help the Developers improve Arkadia.

A Necro Post got me a spot on the Normandy, and another Necro Post got my friend working with GreenLeaf.

People go over board about when a Thread was started... if the information is still useful and helps some one, then that should be a GOOD thing. If that inspires conversation from new People who weren't here when the Thread was started... that's a GOOD thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

If you've spent any time at all on the internet, you'll know that necro posting is bad forum etiquette, no matter where. On other forums, they might give out temporary or even permanent bans for repeated necro posts. Do be glad that the people here are nice enough not to do that, even to the extent that some entertain your necro posts. Please don't push their goodwill.

16. Bradley Killer Kell

The point I am making is that if a Thread is useful and helpful to new Members to the Forums, it shouldn't be considered Necro.

For instance, the 'Truth about Space Skilling' Thread. That seems to be the greatest source on Repairing in Space and the Skill Gain over that span (I'm almost done with mine and will make a Log for it so it's 'New')... but it's looked down upon to open it up and continue the discussion? Especially when there isn't a New Thread on the Topic?

It sort of screws New Members to the Forums who aren't ready yet to start their own Threads, when they have a Thread right there to continue being Educated with but it's frowned upon to post in it.

Or the GreenLeaf Threads. So they were started Years ago, and sometimes go Months without new Posts... that should stop a New Member to the Forum from engaging that Post to try to get more information about them?

Obviously "Selling 10K Sweat, contact me" from 2012... not the right thread to bring back up. But I've found excellent contacts in some of these Necro Threads, which allows me to expand what I'm doing.

If the Thread is really that old, outdated and frowned upon to be replied to... then it should simply be locked if useful and deleted if no longer needed. Which can be Automated to not add extra strain to Mods.

If you've been anywhere on the Internet (since you wanted to toss that my way, I've been around since you paid for Internet by the Hour) you'd realize that many Forums do just that, automate Lock and Delete Measures... so 'Necro Threads' don't even exist in those realms.

But hey, it is what it is.

17. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

The forum rules regarding necro posting have already been clearly listed out here. Just because this forum doesn't have auto thread lock features doesn't mean that it's a green light to necro post. If you don't like the rules, please take it up with the forum administrator.

18. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Was just teasing you a bit. It was not my intention to upset you. I do agree with some of the points you are making. Alot of topics have been covered and should have threads stickied, perhaps like a guide to repair skilling.

19. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

And according to those rules it's not "necro posting". ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

Perhaps not this thread in particular, but a significant number of threads he's posted on in the recent weeks, some dating back to 2013 and 2014.

• Agree Agree x 1