1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crowdfunded healing

Discussion in 'Services' started by DaughterOfAnarchy, Jun 26, 2016.

1. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

Disclaimer: I have to admit that the idea that I'm exposing here is not entirely original; I saw someone doing it (successfully) in game, and I just thought to do it in a more organized way here on forum.

So, what's the idea?

Sweating circles - either you ever been to one or not, you know about them... those gathering places for new players that make their first steps into this amazing new world that is Entropia Universe... and, I may be wrong, but I think that, if everything goes fine, they can be one of the biggest retention factors in the game for a new player - not mostly for the few peds or pecs the make from sweating directly, but for the experience of meeting other players (both new players like them and far more experienced players), learn about mentors, mobs, weapons, eco and everything in between. And, after being on the sweating circles for a long while, I can say that, without a doubt, that the one thing that makes the difference between an enjoyable and a frustration experience is the presence or absence of a healer. And that's exactly why I decided to start this crowdfunded healing project...

So, how would it work out?

Well... the basic idea is that any player who can and wants to do that will have the option to donate some money (there's no limit of how low of how high a donation can be) towards the project, then I'll use their money (to pay for the FAP decay) and my time to heal on Arkadia's sweating circles.

For maximum transparency, I would maintain here a full list of people that donated, as well as the amounts they donated (unless they want to stay anonymous, in which case I will only mention the amounts), as well as the dates, times and costs of the healing sessions (if requested also print screens with the repair bills), so everyone can see that all the money, up to the last pec were indeed used for the declared purpose.

What's in it for me and how can you contact me?

Well, first of all there's the pleasure of dedicating my time towards helping other people - I love the game and I love the planet, so I want to make my contribution towards making it a better place; secondary, while healing, I'll get free skills, so I will have my "profit" to say so, it won't be entirely charity work.

And about contacting me:
    - PM me in game on [Daughter of Anarchy]
    - PM me here on the forum
    - Leave a message in this thread

Trolls, haters and people who just love to go off-topic are kindly asked to refrain from posting in this thread!

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

3. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

4. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

5. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

I'm against sweating and that's my reason not to donate.
    but gl - the idea itself isn't that bad.

6. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

only way to get that to happen is if you get the LA owner themselves paying you... why would they do that? well, to be honest, that's unclear unless you come up with a plan for them that gives them a reason to support you. Perhaps you'll kill every 'dry' mob as it becomes dry?

7. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

8. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

Fifth and last bump; if no interest will be shown, it probably means there is no interest existing, so no sense on keep beating a dead horse.