1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critters - Critters - Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Aspen Fable, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Aspen Fable

Aspen Fable Member

I wrote this up for my own amusement when I was researching the planets creatures ... not to mention experiencing some of them for the first time! Lol I thought it would be fun to share.:cat:

ATTENTION HUNTERS

Be Advised: ALL creatures (except the Carabok) on Planet Arkadia are out to get you. Some are more dangerous than others however. They may be found in every environment, even in some of the lakes, ponds and oceans.

If you get within discomfort range of any creature (humanoid, animal, insect, bird, reptile or even mechanical), it WILL attack you. If you are noticed and approached: STAND YOUR GROUND - DO NOT RUN Once it has locked onto you as a threat and/or a meal, it WILL NOT stop attacking until it kills you...unless you kill it first.

The only exceptions to this rule are: if you are near a turret and can run within it's protective range, the creature after you will be killed. Likewise, for most predators, if you run into water, it will follow and drown. This does NOT apply to Riptors - they seem to be able to swim, at least long enough to kill you, but maybe even more than that - no one has lived long enough to report back about that. The other animals can still injure you while in their death throes, so make sure to swim far enough away to avoid that.

Note: I do not know if this works in reverse for water dwellers, I haven't tested it out.

If it is a creature you do not intend to hunt, sweat, or tame, keep your distance and, depending on the species, sneak around, walk quietly but quickly through, or run like hell! You will soon learn which works best for each one after some painful deaths and time consuming revivals!

Note that the temperments, reactions, and abilities of the mutants can vary wildly from their natural cousins.

Double check the bounty reward figures as they may change over time or have an error in the copying of them. If you are trying to perfect or advance in a specific skill/profession, this can make a big difference!

Each Mission may or may not be repeatable. Some report that most are, but there has been some conflicting information that says that only some are. Double check if that is of importance to you.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dan59

Dan59 Active Member

3. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

The last stage of several missions are repeatable, but none of the stages leading up to that stage are repeatable. Riptor have a long aggro range as well, as I discovered when I tried to mine in a Riptor spawn. I was spending more time killing Riptors than mining so I gave it up in that area :)

• Funny Funny x 1