1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Arrun's Little Helper help you??

Discussion in 'Tools & Utilities' started by AdeW, May 7, 2015.

1. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

ARRUN’S LITTLE HELPER - an extravaganza in Excel

I put this engine together mainly out of curiosity to see just exactly how well the weapons I have are performing, such as which actually is the best gun/amp/enhancer combo for a given Mob, which are the better armours to use for any Mob and the painful bit, how much it costs to kill a Mob.

Plus it was fun to write – but I’m sad like that!

There’s no macro to be run, in fact, the only ‘clever’ bit is the array that recognises and extracts numbers from general text fields. All the other formulas are basic Excel.

I’ve also set it up on the premise that, like me, you hate having to keep logging things every time you go hunting – so there’s a minimum of effort required to use the engine.

As part of putting the calculations together it was natural to get as much info out as possible, so, engine will tell you:

· how effective your weapons are for you

· the cost per shot or cut, slash or stab with or without enhancers/amps (Melee/Mindforce not tested but should be ok)

· your personal damage/pec and damage/sec

· the ongoing cost per kill for a given Mob

· how many shots/blows etc to kill a mob (used for the cost to kill)

· how many mobs killed in the current chat.log

· the average damage on your different armour sets for a given Mob

· the total cost of using a weapon (this is scary when you see how much you spend!!)

· the ‘efficiency’ of a weapon so total shots fired against actual hits

· the ‘VFM’ (value for money – couldn’t think if another phrase) of a weapon

· however, it DOES NOT count loot as that data is not held locally (apart from Globals etc but there’s EL for that)

You can use it on a permanent basis, or ‘turn it on/off’ to suit.....

You record stats for the weapon currently in use, but you can change weapon in mid hunt.....

You can see the damage handed out by a Mob when wearing different armours and, yes, you can change armours mid-hunt.....

…so of course you can change Mobs mid hunt too

…and any combination of these!

…so, pretty flexible

…and it keeps historic data for that long term comparison.

...and it all runs off your chat.log

...and there's even a set of instructions!

So - could it help you??

It's quite a large file, around 12Mb compressed, so there's the question of how I get it out there to those who'd like to try it advice, guidance or suggestions welcomed here.

However, I'm happy to email it out if necessary/possible.

My Avatar's email is a.dewarsash@btinternet.com and I run Avast anti-virus, so, let me know here on PAF or by this email if you'd like to try it.

rgds, Arrun

• Like Like x 2
  2. May

May Active Member

That sounds handy, especially the 'little input effort' bit. :wink:
    In combination with San's tool for the loot part, it could give quite a complete picture?
    12 MB sounds rather large for an Exel, so if there is a way to download it somehow, I'd like to give the combo a try.
    Though I wont be any use for technical feedback. :laugh:

3. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

Yes, need to think how I can distribute this. The size is purely because there's the need to have 100k lines of formulas just to pull/count/examine the data and then some tables to present the results.

I'd be happy to email this out to an intermediary if that works for you, otherwise I'll need to find a cloud site or something to hold it.

Bear with me a while........

4. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

Hopefully, here are the instructions with some screenies of what to expect - still working on getting the engine to a place where it can be downloaded

Attached Files:

5. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

Ok, taken the easy way out, I've chopped a lot of the formula which you will need to replace - the 'how to do that' is in the READ ME FIRST file. Apologies if I'm teaching you, and anyone else, to suck eggs.

However, the size is now a more manageable 500k!

I've zipped these two files so that I can attach them here

So now, download, replace the formula, add in your weapons, armour and mobs and away you go....

Attached Files:

• Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  6. May

May Active Member

That's a lot trimming!
    I've downloaded them, and when I have time will try to get it working.
    Hopefully I won't get stuck in the 'how to do that' phase. :wink:

7. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

May, if you do manage to get past 'how to do that', it would be an idea to start a new chat.log.

Just go to your Entropia Universe directory and rename you current chat.log (oldchat.log maybe?) - a new one will start automatically

• Informative Informative x 1