1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climbing Ladders

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Tancred, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Tancred

Tancred Member

I would like to be able to climb ladders (and other objects with something to hold on to). Don't know why that is currently not possible. Is it in MA's hand or in the planet partners?

It would add another dimension. Consider for example snooping around in an old building looking for valuables. But there is really big obstacle, aha, find a ladder or something to climb on and get into the ventilation systems and feel happy for finding a way pass the obstacle.

On the whole, designing indor missions, ruins, etc would probably be much more easier if it is possible to place ladders for people to use.

There are several examples of ladders on calypso that are there just for the looks. It is irritating if you end up in the water at corinth, for example, and want to get up. There are ladders but you have to swim to beside the pier. Why put ladders there, when it can not be used?

I would prefer that all man-made constructions on arkadia does have a purpose and are functional. Ladders are just one example. Another example are doors that will never open. Locked is ok, because then I know there is a way somewhere to open it.

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Yes, a very good idea! Those ladders at the new swizerland houses have been annoying me for ages!

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

One of the things that I have always wondered myself.. Good suggestion!! :D

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I seem to remember when New Switz first came out climbing them ladder to get to a TT, revive, and soc terminal on the second level of one of those. Maybe it was they were on a second floor and I just jumped off after revives...any way there is memberance of this from somewhere in my head.

5. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

To be honest if you want a Treasure Hunting planet, you have to at least be able to do half of what Lara Croft could pull off. Mainly a greater sense of flexibility and dexterity with limbs. Would love if I had to crawl on my stomach to enter a cave, or like on that game Encharted to be able to pull off stunts and somersaults, would give THing and PKing a whole new level. Pk'er has to find a high vantage point by climbing up and setting up. TH'er evades things like atrox's by climbing a tree or evades traps etc by doing cartwheels :D. You get the picture, would give this platform alot more possibilities. Can someone tell me why MA hasn't programmed this stuff in yet???

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

as Long as they could do this where EU does not become a button masher game like the consoles I am all for that. I dont play consoles specificly for the reason I have too much in my heaad to deal with let alone memorizing Down.. up...left .. home..left..left .. up.. down.. Ctrl...shift.. pause.. space..Tilde.

7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

very good point and agreed.

Hope planet arkadia doesn't get bogged down with implementing climbing ladders when there are better thingts to concentrate on.

Having said that what Mark said above will probably eventually be implemented in order to allow us to explore difficult areas. Maybe they'll have a different system for exploration though rather than physical dexterity e.g. jet pacs :)

8. Tancred

Tancred Member

I agree completely, this is not a console game. I was thinking more in the line of "walk to the ladder, when standing right in front of it, keep going and you climb up instead of continuing forward".

Yes, this is a minor thing and I do not mind waiting for it. But I would like to see it, had not seen it in any other wishlist and I believe it would actually add something to the treasure hunting experience. So therefore I suggested it.