1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Issues Updating - temporary fix

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Murkalael, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I really don't like to offend no one, but the lack of professionalism by MA surpassed this time. I hope this tiny guide can help anyone with same issue.

First configs:
    I have two computers:
    Desktop - AMD Athlon II X3 440 3GHz, 8Gb RAM DDR3-1333, Windows 10 Professional, Bitdefender Antivirus
    Laptop - Intel Core i7-2630QM 2GHz, 4Gb RAM DDR3-1333, Windows 10 Home, Bitdefender Antivirus

After a lot of thinking I decided to test if was OS related. I used a Virtual Machine with windows 7 Home Premium to install the game. The VM was also with Bitdefender. And I got same problem.

So I went back to my real desktop and uninstalled Bitdefender and replaced it with AVAST. Cleaned temp folder and all went well. I like Bitdefender because it doesn't require any config and is a theral scanner, listed on several PC magazines and the best on the market. So I believe something on the binaries is triggering the AV response, since on Avast I can add rule to allow or ignore some warning, I was able to update with no problems.

For those who are not experts on computer the fastest way to find temp folder (I had almost 150Gb of usless stuff), open windows explore and type %temp% in the adress bar. Be sure to type the % befor and after the word temp. Then just delete all there, is all junk leftovers from programs. Some of them you might not be able to delete because they're beeing used for some program on your computer.

I hope this helps and I wish for better enterprise management from our dear developers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015