1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celeste Quarry Ostelok Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zrodian, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Zrodian

Zrodian Member

I was trying to hunt these guys for an hr last night in the area that is directly South East of Celeste Quarry. Do not remember exact Co-ords but it seemed like 70% of the time I spent there even with a rifle that I kept getting the message that my avatar could not move within range of them to shoot them. There was times that I was standing right next to them and still couldn't fire with rifles or pistols. Made this hunt depressing so I left for Cara after about 25 minutes. Is this a known issue?

2. hHitman

hHitman Member

Well there was nothing like dat when i hunted them a week ago.maybe u could relog and check again.i did global twice on them.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Disable "move to target" in your in game Options.

4. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

you might like to hunt like me, on 3rd person view. These have what I call chicken bug, because all mobs chicken like and few others have same issue (bad development). bottom line, you have either face it or take it by back or switch to first person and don't use next target button. Mobs that I know of with same issue on arkadia:
    gallard
    jori
    bokol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kung Fu Munchkin

Kung Fu Munchkin Member

Add Oro to the chickens.

But the error message is in my opinion a platform fault. It's not programed properly to use auto tool with ranged weapons.
    Alot of the time the auto use just plain stop and you have to engage it again unless the mob is right next to you.
    The pathing to the target is usualy so bad that when you finaly start to fire you are next to the target anyway.
    This problem is especialy with terrain that is not flat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I dont have this issue. I always use auto-tool but not next-target (I select my target manually by putting crosshairs over the mob on over-the-shoulder mode). And I have move to target turned off.

Yes perhaps there is a coding issue but it's within your power to avoid the problem.

7. Kung Fu Munchkin

Kung Fu Munchkin Member

There are work arounds and compromises to handle everything. Nothing is unmanageable.
    Just saying the problem is over all and not a bug on just the Osteloks or Arkadia.

8. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Yes as of this point the hitbox on some mobs like this one are very bad and are some times very hard to hit. I found the best way to hunt these guys is to move to the front or back of them. Shooting them on their sides will cause the most problems. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. San

San Well-Known Member

I consider them good melee mobs because of that, and since they are mostly low-level anyway (there is a much bigger 'problem' of that kind elsewhere called Rextelum).

I use next & auto always and first person most of the time and can't be bothered doing all kinds of contorted maneuvres outside of my preferred playing style, especially when I want to get ahead with their numbers. It works as soon as they are aggroed and turn on you, hence I usually charge at Ostelok with the sword right away. Oro has a pretty long aggro range, so unless you start with a really long distance weapon don't have that problem. I find Bokol not as bad as the bird species in this regard, I usually get them hit with just a wee bit of strafing to one side.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  10. MaxHecWalker

MaxHecWalker Active Member

I do the same thing and my avatar aims, steps forward, aims, steps forward, repeat x100...
    and finally when mob is chewing the barrel off my gun it'll shoot.
    Unless as OZtwo pointed out when nearly square-on the face/backside of mob.
    I noticed aiming or shooting another mob then back again, will often clear the auto-targeting issue.

But next ostelok hunt I will disable "move to target" in Options, or as San mention just go melee on em'. Great tips! :)

11. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

I always hunt with Next Target and Auto Use so the quick workaround is as San said straffe to the right or left. I combine the straffe with a jump, works every time. :cowboy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1