1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cap 10 Smuggler

Discussion in 'Price Check' started by WhiningSkeptic, Jul 6, 2015.

1. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Hello

I just got offered one as a part of a trade, but I am clueless about its value.

Anyone able to help me out?

2. San

San Well-Known Member

Let them sell it, then you know the value. Someone just wants to pass on the insecurity here. Unless you want the gun for yourself, no point doing the other one's job for them.

3. WhiningSkeptic

First, add me to fl in game so I don't forget to reply about the armor tonight... :p

Second;

I'd be willing to trade up, and put some effort into selling it if that can fetch me some extra ped. I am not doing a 1:1 trade though, as I believe my item has a bigger market.

The cap 10 doesn't seem super impressive though. Quite low dps and dpp is not spectacular. In case of a trade, I'd need it to be worth at least +2,750. The one in trade is T6+, but that is pretty much just esthetics on a low end weapon.

4. WhiningSkeptic

Just checked in game, no way it can it be worth that much. I'll have to decline.

5. Cly

Cly Active Member

It's value lies partly in the fact that it is an unlimited SIB weapon.
    How much did it cost to tier it to level 6? (tiering prices can form the bulk of the cost of the item, even if you don't want to pay for that)

6. San

San Well-Known Member

The weapon isn't quite so bad, 2.8something dpp unamped. This is not to be mixed up with the unlim Pirons of late. With its 20 dps it can be used against mobs around 400 to 500 hp if they're not fast regainers, or as a nice little finisher. I'd consider the latter for myself if I was on the laser path now.

7. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

VU15.2 changed a lot.

Isis LLP 10 (L) / Scott & Barlow LP-10 (L) / Ozpyn LPX-P7 (L) +A102 gives you the same 21 dps at a much better 68 rpm and has 2.93 dpp at 112% - and can easily be acquired below that.

Now if one a-a-absolutely must have UL... I dunno.

8. Cly

Cly Active Member

Speaking of Amplifiers, the nice thing about this weapon is that it has exactly 24 damage, which makes it ideal for an A103... And coincidentally gives the same DPP (2.932) when fitted with that.

So as you say: much of a much-ness there.

I personally quite like unlimited weapons, and if this one was available for a reasonable price might seek to acquire it.
    Sadly, my idea of "reasonable prices" for firearms don't always seem to match what the market says about that :)

So actually kinda curious to see what the going rate for it would be, as per OP.

9. San

San Well-Known Member

With very few exceptions, almost all unlimited items are a bit less efficient than their limited counterparts. One has to look a bit beyond the naked item stats, as noted above. The balance has been carefully meted out in most cases, it seems. There are advantages and disadvantages on both sides, which are discussed exhaustingly in all the relevant places. In the end it boils down to personal and situational preference. I'm glad that choice exists and also curious how this one turns out.