1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't upload pictures with Firefox since update to 15.0

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by AlexSolo, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AlexSolo

AlexSolo Member

Hello,

since Firefox browser updated to 15.0 I get the followig message when I try to upload pictures in the gallery:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x86 -quality 70 -geometry 100x86 -unsharp 10 '/mnt/stor7-wc2-dfw1/527922/www.arkadiaforum.com/web/content/photopost/data/500/thumbs/AlexSolo05-2012200x.jpg'

I first thought could be the picture but it appears with any picture I try to upload.

When I use the Internet Explorer it works perfect.

Something of interest maybe.

Greets,

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I'll pass it onto Van for when he gets home from gallivanting around the Arctic <-------He even met Santa recently, I've seen the photos!

I'd surmise though that the latest update of FF is no longer compatible with the AJAX plugin that we use for attaching pics on the forum.

Can anyone with the same FF upgrade confirm that they are also having issues since the upgrade please? Not to say I don't trust Alex, but it's nice to have more than 1 source to confirm an issue.

3. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

i did the update a few mins ago and now tried to upload a pic.
    aubrey_serr_1280.jpg is in my gallery. no error message.

4. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

No issues with my latest firefox.

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

View attachment 4849

Did the update today myself finally, no problem uploading, but sure Van can spot the issue when he gets back from seeing Santa.

6. AlexSolo

AlexSolo Member

Hello,

just tried it again and it works now.

Dont know what made it get to work all I did was to close GIMP, Mozilla Thunderbird and EU :D

Thanks for checking.

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Glad yo hear its now working. I'll leave this thread open in case any more instances of this crop up, in which case Van can take a look.

8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Having this problem. Just updated to firefox 15.0.1 today. No error for me but the image does not appear to upload. Will let you know how I go.

Edit: So looking into this further, I found that the pictures successfully upload into my attachments gallery but don't insert into message I am writing. (I was making a selling thread and using the insert image button to add some item screenshots).

As a workaround I Then used the Attachments button to select the images I want and "add inline".