1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't login / Login issues

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Nikto, Dec 11, 2014.

1. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

It's a tricky bug to say the least, it seams to mostly pop up on sub worlds, I've seen it on the Ark underground, Cyrene hub, and oddly enough Monria which may be a sub world of Caly from a technical standpoint. Also deleting that one pak shouldn't do anything but it does, I've done a before and after diff and no pak files change at all, so deleting a pak is causing some other file to refresh.

Also the repair is largely useless, you should never let it "fix" the unexpected files as its whitelist has not been properly updated, at that point you are better off backing up your cryengine config and reinstalling.

2. Fyxin Knytrous

Fyxin Knytrous New Member

well well well had a great 20mins then DCed at the tp game must have known I was gunna leave and go top side back to being locked out :( frustrating isn't even close to the word im looking for

oh well will try and think of something goodluck everyone else with this ongoing issue

3. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

Yes, I have encountered this as well, specifically going into the Underground. It usually goes from a CTD, to trying to reconnect but CTD during loading screen, to trying to log in but the game doesnt load anymore, which then requires a full reinstall of the game. It might have
    been an issue stated to be corrected with the specific Nvidia cards having a memory leak, however I am not going into the UG unless I really need to. So I wont test it since I already had to reinstall the game 3 times.

4. May

May Active Member

Yup, same thing here: hoping that someone can confirm if AU crash bug has been solved.
    I've been stuck and unable to log in so many times, that I'm also very hesitant to try it out.
    But probably will eventually (when the above storage is overloading again). [​IMG]

5. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

Same here May, I got more Fanoos in the Underground Storage. However I might try next time to put the game in safe mode before going to the underground.

6. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

i had this issue several times, mostly after crashes and alt-f4-ragequits

to fix it, try following in the given order, and test if it works again after each step:
    1) clear shader cache (in client loader options)
    2) reset graphics quality (in client loader options)
    3) repair game, not deleting unwanted files (in client loader options)
    4) manually delete every folder but "dynamic_content" in your folder [Path to Entropia Universe]\out (usually crashes, participant content and shaders)
    5) repair game, deleting unwanted files (maybe backup your folder "dynamic_content" first, to avoid having to download everything again)

it should work again after step 5, otherwise throw your computer out of the window! :biggrin2:

7. Fyxin Knytrous

Fyxin Knytrous New Member

the Prophets right
    although I just go straight folders >browes>entropia>dynamic content>cheche>delete
    then prioratize UG done wait for green light to load then load into the underground
    then leave as quickly as possible lol so maybe load arkadia otherwise ya need to wait for it to load in UG

8. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Looks like it could be way worst. :depressed:

Just run repair,and all files are missing
    So, be careful and don't hit repair, especially if Entropia not located on it's own partition.

[offtopic]
    And a bit offtopic hint from Captain Obvious — Always make multiple backups of your important data, test/verify them and hold them in two or more physical locations at once.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  9. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

UG can have issues and so use safe mode to get out and then reset gfx options

devs are aware and working on a fix up but its not consistent