1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calypso Settlers reach out to their Arkadian kinsman

Discussion in 'SocTalk' started by Rowdoc, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Calypso Settlers are recruiting across the universe

As space travel becomes easier and safer than ever before we want offer a hand of friendship to all those like minded players , where ever you are .

If you looking to join a well established
    society that is keen to help both the new and the more mature players , look no further.

Either add myself Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner to your Friends List from the Player Register so we can chat or apply via the Society Terminal.

I'm currently on Arkadia running some Aakas keys.

2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Just a bump for a great society and all out good buncha people. I started my EU journey in Calypso Settlers and made many long time friends. If you want to start life in a family environment that's where to start. Always willing to help and always willing to teach. Awesome to see not only Cal Set is still going strong but to see them expanding to new planets now. You guys will do great here on Arkadia mate.

3. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Thanks Bill for your kind words .

4. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

5. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

As I'm back from Film4 Frightfest, time to bump this baby .

If you interested a joining fun soc, hit the society terminal & apply , alternative add me Rowdoc Donner to you your friends list ( from player register )so we can chat

6. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Anyone interested in joining us ? tag along later today I'll be at Celeste Quarry (19:00 ingame ).
    We do some sort event, What will depend on the skills set /ped of those interested.
    It would be handy if you use Ventrilo as we have chat server available.

7. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

As it is another month , time for another BUMP

Calypso Settlers needs to find some regular like minded player across all planets (especially Arkadia & Calypso).
    It doesn't matter whether you are just starting in EU or have valuable knowledge to impart to new our newer players; I want to hear from you .

Our Membership numbers have dropped over the year, most players have simply stop playing (along with many of EU's mature players).
    So, you just want to have some fun by blasting, crafting & bombing your away across the planets rather than expecting to get rich from EU : Call me !
    Added me to your Friends list (via Player Registry)
    PM me here or on other forums
    Apply via terminal

I'm on Calypso at the moment throwing ped at the Pumpkin Hunt thing ( not often you get shoot a fire-breathing Pumpkin with legs ;) )

8. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Haha maybe not but I have got to see him in the mabar festival in DDO for years now...

Have a bump for an awesome soc with great peoples and history.

Oh and Hiya Row!!! Hi Joy!!! Hi Mikey!!

9. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Just a Bump as we are still looking for new blood including anyone interested helping to manage the society.
    I'm currently on Arkadia , join add me /pm me
    Rowdoc Donner

10. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Over this coming weekend I'll running some hunting events (keys etc) for both new and experience players.
    If you looking to join a friendly society , listen out at Celeste quarry for my shouts ( in game nights-19-21:00)

add me via the players register too

11. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

Why not start a new sub-society and call it Arkadian Settlers?

12. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

It is an idea that I have toyed with however 'Settlers' is more about ideas rather than any specific location. The soc was born on Calypso when there was only one planet in Project Entropia. The main ideas were helping new players get started , having fun without any worries regarding the size of your skills nor your PED card balance.

Obviously, over the years players have come and gone (moved to skill based socs or sadly stopped playing). I now looking to reboot the soc with new blood and ideas . It appears that Arkadia is more popular than Calypso at the moment ... but things can always change.

13. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Btw , any Ark noobs want to join a key instance in about an hour ? we'll meet at Celeste Quarry ( would be good if the Aakas TP)

14. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Bump

Looking for new, old or returning players from Ark or Caly. I also need some management assistance to help to reboot the soc.

15. Starburst

Starburst Member

I've been a member of CalSet since I started playing 2 years ago. Back then there were half a dozen regular players, and usually a few that chimed in from other societies when we had hunts. It was a lot of fun. Lately membership has been down, but Row is still playing, or at least he was until a short while ago when he announced that he was going to be putting more time into other activities. I know he has been experimenting with other games such as Firefall and Project Ion. I may be giving those a try, but I am still interested in sticking with EU. I can't play everyday. I often am only on a couple of times a week, and that's the best I can do. I am a member of the Raptr, Steam, and Playfire communities too, so I enjoy playing other games as well. I recently managed to get the LAN network Tunngle to work, so I hope to find some friends there too. Often when Row and I play we are on for 5 hours straight which is a bit much for me. I have health conditions that limit what I can do.

I'm always up for a couple of hours hunt though, and prefer to keep my PED expenditure down, so I kind of stick to TT weapons most of the time maybe with some enhancers or an amp. I do own a couple of more higher level weapons, but am not skilled enough to use them, so I don't use them much and own a BLP amp that exceeds my weapons capacity, so I rarely use it. I still have a long way to go in EU, but when I'm playing I love to play. I will remain a member of Calypso Settlers as long as Row keeps the society up and running, but to be honest I don't know how much longer he can without any players.

Running a society costs him money to maintain the chat server, web server, and any other assorted expenses like Ark keys and such. Most of our activity is on Arkadia now as it seems more popular than Caly. Why not join us for an Ark key hunt, or just hook up with us and we will take you on a TP run, or whatever you need. Arkadia and EU in general is a big place and we have had some experience exploring. There is still so much I have never seen.

Two players just isn't enough to keep a society running though. What I am interested in doing is making some new friends, so if you are a freelancer or your society doesn't have a lot of players feel free to add Blaze Starburst Striker to your friends list, and I'll be happy to chat. I hope we are able soon to reinvigorate CalSet, because it is a great group of people, but if that isn't possible I may consider moving onto another society only out of necessity. We still have one or two old timers that play regularly, but it is hard to drum up interest in smaller societies.

If you are a freelancer, why not join us. It can't hurt to be a member of a great society where friendships and bonds build and grow strong over time. We would love to have you. There is no need to spend all your time playing by yourself. Look us up. I'm sure you won't regret at least meeting some new people. If you are a society that has a large membership, and plenty of active players, and don't mind lower skilled players who can't play 24/7 then feel free to PM me. Most people have jobs anyway, so their time is limited. I'll give you a look. Sorry this post was so long. Take care.

Starburst

16. Rowdoc

Rowdoc Member

Starburst ,Thanks for the kind words.

Calypso Settlers aren't going anywhere just yet we simply need an infusion of new blood , people who are interested in the game and in help build a good friendly soc. However, rather than building single game specific soc ; I want to part a like minded group of players regardless which battlefield we jump into.
    I help you under EU and you explain your favorite game to me , just shout if want to play (including Firefall, Elite Dangerous, other stuff on steam )

17. Nova Genesis

Nova Genesis Member

I will be contacting you in game! I love the kind words people say about the society and i'm a Freelancer looking for a good group of guys and gals to talk to as i sweat, hunt, mine and craft my ped away! See you Planetside!