1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Called it right again!!!

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Cyborg Bill, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I stated a while back in several posts both here and PCF that MA was grasping at straws and would soon shift to an item mall format.

While this is not an official "Item Mall" by game standards as we know them this is MA's perverted version of one.

Go check out the Calypso release regarding the missions and tokens as rewards. These tokens get stacked to buy limited things the avg player never gets to loot like L angel armor in sets. With these tokens you can now "aquire" these uber things at a specific cost.

I give it under 6 months before we see the threads of far less item drops of the things listed in these Token brokers. The age of RCE is a changing and with crap like this I fear it will soon rest with the dinosaurs.

Items like this easily obtainable will only contribute to MA's pockets with people hunting beyond their means more and less items for the player base to aquire MU from.

Thank you MA for one more giant kick to the nutsack as you aim for my ped card in my wallet.

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Firstly you are clearly on the wrong forum, secondly don't you ever get tired from your never-ending negativity? One of the planets decides to go and try something new (which appears like quite some people like at pcf), and you manage to see yet another sky falling.

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

My understanding of the token system is they are replacing new missions giving skills and/or a particular item to them giving tokens where a player can choose what item they get. I am thinking that they will still only be able to get one item for completing a mission but they could save up tokens for later missions to get bigger prizes instead of using them right away. I could be wrong though I have not actually seen a token mission yet.

I don't think this will effect the loot system much really, just add new dynamics to missions and purpose to complete them. Heck I'd me more excited to finish stage 5 missions for boring to hunt mobs and kill few 100k of them if there was ability to buy some cool weapon with mission tokens. Right now I say bah with the missions mostly, I'll get the skills anyway by doing my own grinding of mobs of my choice instead of doing particular mobs.

I do agree it is a way for MA to draw more depositors to finish missions and make more money. I disagree it will destroy the loot pool.

just my 2 pecs worth which is very little :)

4. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Well tokens seem a better reward then a shit load useless nova... havent tried the new system but I think it is a good idea.

5. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Tokens are only for the new missions on the islands.. :)

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

But if you read what MA said about them, they're looking to make more missions give tokens. Personally, I don't see how it affects the economy differently if MA gives out TT values in skills, in fragments, or items... in all cases, MA is "inflating" the economy with small amounts of TT value. But it doesn't seem like enough to make a big difference.... unless people create multiple avatars to collect tokens (how are they going to prevent this?).

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

The tokens for rewards is a fairly standard system in mmo's, the item mall is a completely different thing really. I agree with what Neil said above basically. I do wonder if the tokens are tradeable items? If so there will be a good market for them.

Thread moved over to Entropia Universe section.

8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I recall reading that they are tradeable. Good market? I suppose that all depends on what you can buy with them. :)

9. Cyborg Bill

Well go look at PCF..there are many threads on this already. I believe Nighthawk posted one showing the cost in tokens to buy each piece of angel armor offered. There for if these items can be purchaced by saving tokens then obviously the MU to sell looted pieces will fall thru the floor. This is yet another way for MA to take our ability to grow our avatars by the "RCE" way. It will force us closer to full on pay to play by taking yet another way to compensate for losses in the community.

If you fail to see the future impact I feel sorry for you. In time MA will push all of us NOT able to throw 100k dollars at EU away and they will begin the same process of robbing you blind when we have all finally given up on it.

10. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

So do you think this will really affect the (L) Sparticus, Angel, Aquilla, Holy, Martial, Polaris, Lich, Stealth, etc... Armor prices?

Unlimited Angel is a sweet set, its got great all around stats and looks 'Uber' to wear. As a (L) set it is not that special in the vast sea of options which can be more customized to the mob you wish to hunt.

People like options, this gives more options and I really don't think it will hurt the overall game.
    It will on the other hand give many people goals to drive them towards enjoyment where they may not have tried before.

Sweating has become much less viable an option for new players, but doing low level events to earn event tokens which can be sold for markup sounds like a great replacement for this system of taking ped that depositers are willing to spend on markukp for gear that will benefit them and handing it over to the new players to help them get started.

I haven't done any of it yet, but I know that several people in my society are enjoying the new missions and reward system even though they are no where near enough tokens to buy anything yet.

narfi

11. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

LOL, there is profit to be made from this game without tossing massive amounts into it? This game is such a micro transaction game with so little profit margin by grinding one prolly works for dollar a day averaged over entire play time if you are lucky enough to turn any profit at all, I still have not. I play for enjoyment, I toss peds into game for enjoyment and figure unless I do a massive deposit into the game I'll never really make much of any profit at all. I've invested (lets say that) about 30-40% more then I currently am worth (including if I skilled out my avatar) into the game which to my understanding is about right for me being a player that is not a trader or land owner. It is more of a luck game for regular players that just grind. Please correct me if i'm wrong and explain how I can 100% turn a profit by just grinding mobs, mining and/or crafting. I am interested in a lesson.

12. Klod

Klod Member

I fear the tokens impact on the ingame economy as much as I fear the baby food coupons impact on world economy.

13. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

If used correctly i think the tokens could in fact make things better for all levels of players

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

just to say, I fully agree with the OP

15. Cyborg Bill

It truely amazes me the number of people on forums in the gaming community that simply dont know how to look past the nose on their face at the direction their world is moving. I bring up a topic in regards to a potential problematic direction MA is taking us, give a current example to base the topic on and most simply cant see or refuse to look past the refrence example.

As for this being an Arkadia forum I am pretty sure I know where l logged in to Harmony. The topic I bring up effects ALL of EU not just Caly where it originates. Reading comprehension is a needed skill to funtion, please find help with that and I promise your life will be all the richer for the effort.

For KMax... You are correct in regards to the transactions in the game. The very reasoning for this post is MA removing yet another avenue to work in within their "RCE" which is the entire reason to be here. That is the main focus driving this entire thing we call our universe. As for you playing for enjoyment rock on bud. If you choose to feed the beast I will simply say thank you. I on the other hand I play for the challenge of being able to play for free and maybe over time recover something for my efforts. MA removing these oppertunites every change they make goes against the entire basis of the game they originally concieved and advertise it to this day to be.

Again I only state what I see and apply that to MA's proven track record and try to put out in public potential pit falls down the road as a result of what I interpret from the present information. For those that play for fun again thank you. Use this info or dont. For us that see EU for what is suposed to be we need to stand up for it before it becomes "just another mmo for the masses of sheeple"

16. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Cyborg, you need to pay more attention to your own conversations. Harmony said you were in the "wrong forum" as in the wrong SECTION. You posted this thread under Arkadia discussion, where it should have been under Entopia Universe... Which why/where Snape moved it to.

On the other points, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you want anyone to take you seriously, I suggest you don't insult the community for following blindly when they have clearly stated to you their reasons for believing such.

I haven't neg repped anyone, but I came close for that insult to the community... You post your opinions and then judge others for theirs. How is that fair?

EDIT: My bad, it was Lee that moved it. :)

17. Klod

Klod Member

"Planet Calypso will start handing out "Missions Tokens" as rewards for the completion of most of the missions added from now on" I didnt read it is a whole plattform thing.

But if had been a whole plattform thing I wouldnt have been to worried either. Imo the constant stream of new items entering entropia speak against this. As well as the continued drop of UL items of old and new types. Sure not as do "the old classics drop anymore" but if you count all together I cant really see a decrease. I rather see it as additional way to get items while your engaged in doing certain tasks. Surely I dont doubt MA take their share of whats being circulated.

My view on the matter is that MA seldom remove anything, they rather seem to add, add and add a little more. Perhaps to much.

With the introduction of (l) items I was certain the UL items was gonna be phased out, which imo would have been the most logical. But no. They kept adding UL items and today we are swamped with UL sib guns for exmple.

Thats my reasoning. I was a bit trolly in my last reply and I apology for that.

18. rick_janson

Well, yeah.. It's the planet partners that decide whether to use platform features... And, especially since Dave and Cyrus have told us they're set to give skills and attributes as rewards for missions, I don't see tokens appearing on Arkadia.

19. Cyborg Bill

Well Rick like I stated ... reading comprehenssion is a needed skill. That was NOT due to the threads change in location which technicly should go into economy section if we are that picky. Harmonies statements about me being negative all the time was an insult to me and I addressed that in pm. It had no addition to the topic at hand and frankly I am tired of people simply posting crap like that and nothing added in regards to the op. Lastly it is Harmonies place to defend her actions not yours.

As far as peoples opinions you are correct and my opinion as stated prieviously still stands that some people especially in game forums tend to focus on a small portion of the over all scope of the topic. I do not in any conceivable way see how that comes as an direct insult to anyone unless that person has an overly sensative emo type personality. WHEN I direct something to a specific person I address them by name or in a direct response like this post.

As far as you and neg rep if you feel the need to do so rock on be true to yourself.

20. rick_janson

There may be some, sure.. But not the community at large as you implied, which is what I was getting at. And I was simply pointing out meaning since it was fairly clear you were referring to that statement. If you weren't, I'm sorry. However, I stand by the fact that these tokens only cause a problem if used by the particular planet partners... Therefore tokens on Calypso do not necessarily have an impact (positive or negative) on Arkadia unless Arkadia Studios decides to use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.