1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendars Added

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by Admin, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hi everyone

I have added two important calendars to the forums.
    1. Official Arkadian Events
    2. Community Events

You can access the calendars from the Calendar link at the top of pretty much every forum page.

The Official Arkadian Events Calendar
    This calendar is for events and competitions created by Arkadia Studios and the Forum Staff here at Arkadia Forum. They will be events/competitions held either In-Game or in the forum, and sometimes on both.

Each event will have a link to the article which will explain the rules and conditions of the event.

The Community Events Calendar
    This one is for you guys to use. If you are running an event over a period of time then feel free to create an event. If you already have a thread detailing the event then you can simply place a link to it, or if you want to you can put some extra information in there. It's up to you.

When you submit it, one of the moderators here will review the calendar entry to make sure it's all fine and not spammy and then approve it if all is OK. They may edit the event for typos and stuff, like any good moderator should.

Note: When you create an event, please make sure the relevant timezone is set. If it's an ingame event, Entropia Time is GMT.

Other Stuff
    All events in both of these calendars will show up in the "What's Going On" section at the bottom of the Forum Listing.
    You can also request a reminder for the event by going into the event and clicking "Request Reminder" button.

2. SylverDragon

SylverDragon New Member

Very useful addition. Makes it easier to see what events are currently running.

I think you'll find that EU time is GMT not GMT+1

• Like Like x 1
  3. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

I just noticed that the events calendar is only available at the bottom of the forum page and not included in the front page. Is it possible to include it in the front page so events calendar gets more attention?

jc

4. Admin

Unfortunately not, it's one of the things that vBulletin has been promising for years but hasn't done... and I wouldn't hold my breath on it either...

I share your frustration though!

5. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

How about a link to the weekly or monthly page under Essentials?

jc

• Like Like x 1
  6. Admin

Now that I can do :)