1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying female pixie

Discussion in 'Buying' started by Hodges, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hodges

Hodges Member

I'm looking for a set of female Pixie for Mrs. Hodges. I've got a set of male, minus the mask, that's low TT that I'd like to trade for female, if possible. I'd be willing to buy a full set of female, but I'm currently broke and waiting for a bit of PED I'm being paid by a friend who's off planet til his computer is fixed.

UPDATE: Full set acquired. Thanks to those who helped.

2. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Please add me to your FL, I will be online in about 8 hours again and can trade you several paerts or hand over parts for TT value. In my shops they are available at minimum MU, but this is still TT+1, no chance to make that lower.

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

get adjusted set love it.

4. Hodges

Hodges Member

lol She won't need adjusted for a long time. Plus she can get that for free when she graduates. :)

5. Hodges

Hodges Member

Now have the gloves, mask, and shins. Still looking for the rest. Thank you. Smoerble.

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Better off at newby level to not bother with armor and swunt for the defensive skills IMO. Then use the disciple pixie after that. She should get enough skill to keep decay costs down by the time she graduates, not to mention be able to cycle what she would spend on decays which would benefit her much more at such a low level if she is just starting.

7. Hodges

Hodges Member

She's mostly mining. It's what she likes to do. I just want to get her some cheap armor that will protect her a bit from the mobs she mines around, which are low level. She may never graduate, with as little as she can play. Her laptop can barely run the game, so hunting isn't really a good idea for her. And she wants to be able to enjoy the little time she can spend in game, and would quit if she had to swunt to get anything, which is why I'm helping her keep it as simple as possible. Plus, the sweat isn't selling anymore. I've had 17k on me for well over a month. She wants armor. I'm helping her get armor. You can't really say it's better if you don't know the person. Better for one may not be better for another.

8. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

have you considered the tt armor from arkadia, it's pretty decent for a low level armor and it looks a lot better then pixie (at least i think so :))

9. Hodges

Hodges Member

She's pretty picky about some things and doesn't like it. I've managed to get all but the thighs and shoes now.

It's also more expensive than pixie, for less melee protection.

Got the full set. Thanks.

10. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hodges,

I love my pixie armour and if aesthetics is your main criteria thats cool but from an eco perspective, depending on the mob, musca is often better choice.

Let's have look at the decay from 1 to 8 damage protected (max offered by musca).

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]

damage
    Musca Decay (pec)
    Pixie Decay

[TABLE="width: 105"]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.048636538
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TABLE="width: 64"]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.052364
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.098275525
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.105493
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.148381242
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.158977
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.198814511
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.212711
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.24950447
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.266641
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.300407339
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.320734
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.351493097
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.374965
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 105, align: right"]0.402739755
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"][TABLE="width: 64"]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"]0.42932
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TABLE]

There's no MU on musca so it's quite valid to compare the decay. It's true your upfront cost is higher with Musca but as Pixie is Unl, you basically need to keep it fully repaired as its effectiveness decreases with loss of T, so over time you will get more protection for your pec from Musca.

Pixie only protects against cut and impact while Musca protects against stab,cut,impact and a little bit of acid (I think it would actually be a little better without the single point of acid prot). If you check low level arkadian mobs in entropedia, they all do stab, some also do cut and/or impact. So that stab protection from musca will be handy.

Might be worth playing with the armour vs mobs advisor and compare pixie vs musca for the mobs your partner tends to hunt. In some situations you will take a little more damage but your cost to hunt should be lower.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

11. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I gear disciples with Corvus and pulsar I plates or Guardian and pulsar I plates, little cheaper then Lupus doing the plate armor combo and you can usually loot most of the Corvus pretty easily or craft the guardian pretty cheaply. Combo makes for great coverage of most of the damage types a new player encounters. It even works great when they come along with me as support hunters on larger mobs, saved them a few times with some of them crits over 90 damage.

EDIT: haha was tired when wrote this, typed crits instead of hits :p

But if it is pixie pieces you want I can set you up with any piece except female thigh guards sold last pair yesterday. Use to drop a lot for me and my shop partner from snables but seems that drop doesn't happen anymore.