1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy event how to do it

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Boardian Chilix, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

I am looking to make an event to buy certified crafter products in AH but need some help to make the rules
    Looking to have some prizes, first is according to points accumulated and second i want it to be ramdon luck base so dont know how to do it or explain it well in english, so lucking for some suggestion to stablish rules
    Each buy will give one point for the first prize, and one chance to second
    Have a nice day

2. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

I suppose the first thing would be to understand how it works. What exactly do you have to do to participate and get points, how do you win, and what are you not allowed to do?

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

can't do a who ever buys the most wins because someone with a lot of ped could just buy it all then resell

are you planing on this event of just people that buy from you or from all arkadia crafters

need to think more but i think a shared google spreadsheet between the crafters would be able to track who buys what. That could aslo be handy info to try and work togther on too.

4. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Here is a rough outline, that I quickly came up with, as a starting on how I would start designing such an event. Feel free to use and alter anything you want.

---
    Event Organizer holds the list of all certified items in auction house.

If a crafter adds crafted items to the AH he must send the list he added to the Event Organizer.

This would allow for any crafter to participate in the event.

Create an Event and list the names of all certified crafters on it. These are the crafters you want to buy from for chance to gain purchase points. Do not list the items, this enforces browsing the AH looking for purchasing from specific people.

To make this random, only choose 25% of the items of each crafters list of items as items that gains points. This way not all the items count and makes for some randomness. This percentage and complete list of items can be held secret by organizer, so only way to gain all the points is to purchase all the items by looking at every item in auction house which would be a daunting task to win a prize and most likly a spendy task.

Now Crafters that sent in the list also have to let the organizer know which items get sold from the list that was sent to the organizer so the organizer can keep track of whats going on.

Also a buyer has to claim he bought that product to gain a purchase point. Only way a point can be claimed is if a crafter acknowledges the sale and a purchaser acknowledges he purchased that product form said crafter.

I don't remember the AH message stating who purchased which product when it sells so this may be only way to track this.

Now for prizes I have no idea but maybe request 1% or whatever of any profit from crafted items to be places in prize pool. And have weekly or monthly prizes. I think this is fair because crafters are looking to increase their personal AH sales from this event.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

crafting profit?

does that exist for low to mid lvl crafters?

6. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

OK sales profit above tt from AH Sale, as I said rough outline :p

7. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

is there a MA board to post ideas on? i think we need an in game tool for custom events...

i have some things i would like to pester em about too.... ya know, left handed smoke shifters, board stretchers, blinker fluid, canooter valves, ball bearings...

Willy: What the hell you need ball bearings for?
    Fletch: Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course.
    [leans arm on hot engine part]
    Fletch: Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

8. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

will the event be for different crafters to take part or is it a event done by a single crafter only?

if its from a single crafter maybe hire a thrustworthy person or several for the event period with lot online time to do the sales. They can work in shifts.

you could make a posting with all event rules and items which are for sell and what basic points the buyer gets by buying them.
    Add the online times, name and location of the salesperson also.

the person who sells for you gets also a list from you with the "luck based points of a sale"

like:

buyer 1 - item points for buy and xxx "hidden points"
    buyer 2 - item points for buy and xyz "hidden points"
    buyer 3 - item points for buy and zxy "hidden points"

this way the added points for a buyer be hidden to the public and will be luck based decided by time / order of buy.

you could also tell the salesperson times of a "happy hour"
    every sale in a certain hour could give extra points as well.
    like:

day1 happy hour from 18:00-19:00 MA
    day2 happy hour from 10:00-11:00 MA
    day3 happy hour from 00:00-01:00 MA

the person who does the sales for you have to fill in every other information of transaction down.

person who bought something
    item what was sold
    price
    item points and hidden points in the sale.

after the event is over you can then calculate which person got how many points in the event.

the auction got no good functions to hold track of who bought what and when.

the advantage of a salesperson is:

- flexible locations (salesperson can change planets at different days like mon-wed on arkadia and thurs-sat calypso)
    - advertising in ingame chats while selling ("Chillix Crafting event. Chance of price for buying items. See the forums information: www.xyzform.com/craftingevent"
    - keep easy exact track of sales
    - maybe does it for less than what auction fees would cost

Requirements to the salesman / of the salesman
    - needs to get some peds for the weekly flights
    - needs to be thrustworthy 100%
    - needs to be reliable to not stop the event or at least communicate if no time for play so the event can be on hold.
    - so needs to be good at communications and to be friendly to community
    - needs basic skills in math and writing something down =)

greets,

• Like Like x 1