1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug or new feature? I see harvestable tree

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by San, Feb 25, 2017.

1. San

San Well-Known Member

I didn't have a harvester tool equipped, don't even own one. But today, a tree (the first after passing by Redoubtable Stable heading out west) showed the globule and 'level 1'. Anyone else?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

Yes. Trees near Celeste Quarry have been like this since the beginning of harvesting. I thought this might have something to do with all the lag in that area but there might as well be other causes.

And no, never happened on other planets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

San & Haruto. [22972, 21637, 252] well as far as this one W of Redoubtable Stable is concerned it must be a bug since fixed - it shows up with Terratech equipped, both as golden globe at base and also a label (white letters on black background). Yet when tool is unequipped it is invisible.
    I have never seen harvestable trees near Celeste Quarry when I do not have tool equipped (am going there now to check).
    [31171, 9331, 136] L Tree visible with Terratech equipped but not otherwise.

It would not be something to do with the level you have in Perception or resource gathering or something like that?
    And there is a ring (Christmas Ring maybe) that enables you to see harvestable trees when you are wearing it

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  4. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

It doesn't happen to all harvestable trees, just now and then. It seems to be a clientside issue as another avatar standing next to you might as well not see the tree.

On a possibly related note, on Ark you occasionally find fruit while running, which is not supposed to happen either.

5. San

San Well-Known Member

Same place today, nothing. Guess it's just a little strangeness then, nothing to be concerned about. The idea had crossed my mind that they might want to boost interest in the profession but probably this is far-fetched.

@Louise, if I had that ring I'd know it, expensive toy it is ;) Only have Imp. Ares on me and a Wolpertinger pet with possibly undiscovered properties, but there are higher trained ones than mine and nobody said anything yet.