1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to skill up hunting? (noob Q).

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Dworkin, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Oro is the one I'm thinking of with low hp and regen still a bit high dmg tho... all low dmg mobs I can think of got low regen too (thanks A-Team)

2. ermik

ermik Member

just dont confuse things , its still most important to miss as little as possible.

so using an uneco gun well , depends on in what way its uneco , uneco due to poor dmg / pec ? , or uneco due to low hit ability?

3. JohnCapital

JohnCapital Member

Yeah I remember that test, It's here, I believe.

Tempted to discuss this, but all this loot chat is WAY off topic. So getting back to the original question:

The answer is: Stick to the small mobs (Carabok & Halix) until you've maxed all the TT weapons. Then continue on them just a bit longer. Experiment with different hunting styles and methods. Eventually you'll max the next largest weapons, and you can move with those on up the health ladder. (Jori, Oro, etc.)

Continue in this fashion and you'll have fun.

Happy hoffing. :)

4. Leona

Leona Member

Sorry for keeping it off topic so i make this short: John you might want to reconsider this, the overamp test does only show that there exist a fallback, a lower cap so to say. To derive from it that weapon economy does not matter (as in dmg/pec, and not only the hit but also the damage-range part) is farfetched.

I was always rather sceptical about the impact of weapon economy but for the largest part sticked with "better safe then sorry". Recent experience since passing the 3 dmg/pec mark last year would suggest it matters.

5. JohnCapital

JohnCapital Member

I'll be happy to discuss this via PM or another thread, if you wish.

In the mean time, is there anything in my suggestions to the OP that you feel was incorrect, or could be improved upon?

6. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Agree, let's keep this out here.
    And yes, you found it! You must have awesome searching skills :) Thanks so much!

Feel free to make a thread in an approbate forum here, I'd be happy to participate with my limited abilities :)

Have a good time!

7. Leona

Leona Member

No, but my views on this subject are so extreme that i better not comment too much.:) A thousand to two thousand hours minimum spend with TT weapons and very very low markup L weapons on small mobs seems the natural way to do it to me.

Hit and damage professions progress is so much faster then defense and health.. and knowledge about the game. People reach the 30-35 dmg/sec category soon nowadays but are in no way ready for it in terms of bankroll, experience and defense skills.

8. Lion

Lion New Member

Well, the way i c it, the best way for a noob to skill up is by sweating, without armor untill u reach at least lvl 3 on ur evade skills. Sweating might feel boring, but it really gives out a lot of free skills!!!

And if u really can afford guns and ammo, go swunting, (sweating then hunting) , its even better, u get the best of both worlds!!!

9. Robotzel

Robotzel Member

lion, no offense mate but maybe u should take a look at the date of last post from a thread to avoid necro posting :D

welcome to the forums btw!

10. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Just going to close this thread as it was necroed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.