1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginners Mobs w/IFN Missions - Renewal

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by happy_hipster, Jan 13, 2014.

1. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

Beginners Mobs w/IFN Missions
    Ive been playing about a year, mostly trading to craft, so just started hunting here on Ark. Started some of the IFN mobs that I can kill and feel i should share the expierience and help out some of the other new hunters. I would reccomend hunting primarily IFN mobs, because the reward is bigger then just the loot.

Every mob, if not then ALMOST every mob, has a mission.

Here are a few in order of difficulty, least to most:

Gallard Carabok

Jori Halix Feran

Oro Zadul

Tiarak Nusul

A few tips for noobs:
    Get all the IFN missions at the IFN terminal.

Go to Action Library, find each of these and drag onto your desktop: Auto Tool, Select Next Target, Loot
    Put them on the keyboard, I use 1(select), 2(Auto), & 3(Loot)
    go to your mob location, select your favorite weapon, and press 1 then 2. Kill the bugger and then press 3
    hunting becomes as easy as 1, 2, 3!

I like to skill my mining as I hunt these mobs. Buy a Rookie Finder from the tt and a wad of probes. This is the best way to skill. If you are looking for all three, it takes 6 probes, or .3 ped. That means every .3+ hit is profitable. The select next target and auto tool works for the excavator too.

The most eco weapons for a noob, IMO, is the Psi-Blade and HK-110 rifle from Cyrene. I also use the Falx, because I prefer to skill longswords. Try to find them!

I like accuracy enhancers once you tier your weapon. They are pretty low cost, and increase your criticals.

Link to closed post:
    http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?6723-Beginners-Mobs-w-IFN-Missions

Try to sell your loot to people instead of the machine for TT. This will not only expand your contacts and help other players, but will increase the loot pool on Arkadia. You will find the things worth more then tt, just watch for what other players are buying. Try to save those things.

-hip

I will expand this OP with more data as people reply unless it is once again closed because of too few replies. I do not like the policy since I like to build topics for public use over time, and the policy to close threads after six months just inspires posters to clog up the forum with mutiple posts on the exact same topic, so maybe a "sticky" on this one moderator? Is it already covered in your guides? If so, link pls?​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Thread has been stuck. Also in regards to the Necro policy, this thread is exempt from it due to the ongoing nature of building it over time. I will review and add in a note on Rule 3e - Necroposting regarding threads like this needing to be looked at on their own merits in future.

3. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

ty Mr Snape. And I DO apologize, I have gotten super busy at work, and have neglected some of my forum duties, I admit. But in construction, it is feast or famine, and I will return to my former posting frenzy. It is my nature...

-hip