1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awsomium-any plans for Arkadia?

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Lee DeLioncourt, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

I think wishlist is the best place to ask this as it is certainly something I wish for :) It has been confirmed by Kim|Calypso that MindArk are currently implementing Awsomium into the Entropia Universe client. I'm not sure exactly how that is going to work but guessing the main functions will be coded by MA and PPs can then script whatever they want to use of what they offer, much like everything else. Are there any plans or talk yet of how it can be used on Arkadia or is it way to early for that? Awsomium is awesome, and will help to take Entropia to a whole new level if implemented well and if PPs are given a good variety of tools to use with it. Basically anything you can do on a web browser can be done ingame, video (craft a tv or screen that shows all kinds of videos), audio (craft a radio or stereo to play all sorts of online stations or your own playlist etc), mini games of all kinds etc. Just some random ideas but of course it also means an ingame web browser, offline messaging (email like in Eve, a game that already uses many features of Awsomium) etc etc. could be possible. Mini games in instances or to open them etc.

So, any thoughts, plans or just wild wishes of what Arkadia can do with that once it's implemented and available to use? Chris do you find this as exciting and promising as I do or am I just way too ahead of myself here? :cool:

http://awesomium.com/

2. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

Never heard of it, but it sure looks promising IF implemented right.
    This might give us all the stuff we were asking about a few years ago.
    Explains why they stopped supporting those blink videos to.

3. Calin

Calin Member

Sounds very interesting. It certainly looks like it could be a big plus if used well.

4. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

It doesn't look like there would be very much that Arkadia could do in addition to what MindArk might be doing...

5. Cly

Cly Active Member

On the contrary. If Awesomium content could be linked perhaps to quest stages, then a PP could develop entire cut-scenes that could be triggered at various quest or event stages.

Presumably you meant that there's not a lot of "technical" things they can do above what MA offer, and while that is true, it's the content that makes all the difference in this game, and the Ark team are kings in that arena :)

6. Lee DeLioncourt

Exactly. MA is implementing the framework for the system in the client, so the PPs can at some point down the road add content for whatever purpose they want to offer on their planet dependent on the tools MA provides ( like the systems for beacons/instances, mining/treasure hunting, time travel etc). MA does the systems, PPs add content/scripting using the system. So yes, what can be done will depend completely on what MA sets up to be tools. I realize this is a system that will get to Calypso first of course, and they are already looking to use it in missions I understand, but the possibilities are pretty gigantic for all PPs, again dependent on what is implemented by MA. Just dreaming of those possibilities and curious if ATeam already has some wish list ideas of their own for the future with this;)

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Sadly it sounds like just another project MA will start and ignore in a very short time like all their web stuffs have been. The worst part about this is it seems like they may be pushing to a second life clone and further digressing EU away from what originally drew us all here in the first place. That is IF they use it like Lee says where things can be crafted (aka scripted) in world.

Im sure f it gets used the A team could find incredible things to do with it but again we STILL fall back on what the clueless at MA desire to do with everything they copy from other video games and dump on Caly adding further to the stack of useless crap that falls by the way side when the next fad comes along.

8. Lee DeLioncourt

I didn't mean that kind of SL style PC/user scripted stuff Bill, I meant the PPs scripting the content. I don't see MA ever going that far with PC (like SL) myself, and thats good in my books ;)

9. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

God lets hope not.. I have read the wish list and some of that stuff is just plain scarey. (Not so much Ark wish list as old PCF ones)

I still stick to my guns that this wil be another flash in the pan gimmik MA will let go by the way side in a very short time. Remember these are OLD people trying to stay in tune with the in crowds now. The stuff MA tries to get to work is akin to your mom trying to wear mini skirts at 60. The style fits the fad but the fad dont fit the people.