1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASU revealed!!!

Discussion in 'Services' started by SirMixaLot, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

I really Agree

Mixa :) thumps up

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Personally, I'd like to see a sweater's union that only allows new players in its ranks. To help out new players is the main reason I choose to buy sweat from one seller rather than another.

In my role as an Arkadia Adviser, I'd like to remind all sellers that harassing sellers from other planets, simply because they are from other planets is not good for Arkadia. Buyers will choose which sellers they want to support--whether newbies, Arkadian traders, or interplanetary traders. I'd also ask ASU to be careful that they do not to create an atmosphere of anti-foreigner sentiment among our new players.

3. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

I think the whole ASU thing really needs to stop the only thing it does is confuse the new players and gets them frustrated. A few days back I seen a guy trying to sell some sweet, he had been trying for 2 days at this point. So I pmed him and said you got more sweat, he replied no it’s the same I have had when we talked last time. I was like that was 2 days ago why haven’t you sold it yet he said that the people from the ASU said not to sell it for less than 3 ped a K.

I told him If i was him I would sell it for what I could get for it but not go under 2ped a K. He replied that the people in the ASU would get mad if he sold it for 2ped a K, at which time I told him gl on the sale. 2 hours later after he still had not sold it he pmed me back and asked if my offer for the 2ped a k was still open I said yes and bought his 3 k of sweat. That he had been trying to sell for 2days and many hrs. now i have 503,000 viles of sweat lol.

I personally don’t have a problem with any group doing what they want but come on some of you guys make alot of false claims. I see no better way to run a noob from the game then to have him sweat his butt off for 1-2 weeks and then stand in the quarry trying to sell it for a price that no one is going to pay. I say show them how to sweat to help them subsidize their game play until they have the means or time to deposit.

It is not only unrealistic to try to teach them not to deposit but unrealistic to think that the rest of the community has to support them or pay the exorbitant price for something that is well……… practically useless. Should sweat be worth more NO.? Why, because the ASU claims they want to help stimulate the economy I say show them how to sweat then teach them how to deposit, that will help stimulate the economy more than having them beg on a street corner for days on end.

I will explain economy in lame man terms: Supply & Demand
    1. Less sweaters = more demand hence the price will rise
    2. More sweaters = market saturation (too much sweat) hence prices will fall (cut throat buddies under bidding you)

Why you ask, because you will start undercutting the other players just to sell your sweat that you have been trying to sell for days with no great success. In effect this hurts the economy more. Not to mention I seen one of your "ASU" guys in NEA’s buying sweat for 1.9ped a K. I will not mention his name but you know who you are because I confronted you on the issue when I saw you in the quarry trying to say you had 20k+ of ASU sweat from the virgin mobs on ark.

Now I have told you the problems........ so here is the Simple solution:

The ASU leaders or founders take out a sweat party and when you guys are done sweating or the noob is done sweating you buy his sweat from him right then and there. See problem solved you just raised the price the sweaters get for their sweat and you just helped stimulate the economy. Then you could try to resell it or you could use it in a bp or do with it whatever you want to do. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I think what the ASU does is very good for arkadia as i when crafting buy sweat from the ASU members for 3 ped ..this in turn helps them to buy weapons and ammo ..there for cyclein peds.. i wont buy it from sweat importers from caly as they have most probs bought it for next to nothing and trying to turn a profit from the hard work of others .....I cant be arsed to sweat myself so buy it from the ASU members ..ive bought about 90k myself over the last month.. and i know this helps the new players along a little.. as they have been and bought ammo to swunt with ...

when i craft i buy between 10-15 k at a time from the ASU ....i buy from as many players as possible out at the outpost... i can tell you now..... with out these guys sweating ..i would not be able to craft.... as there is no way i would stand hour's on end sweating for my own sweat.

also as more B.P's come out that use sweat the demand will become greater ..

what i think the point of the asu is to try and uniform the price of sweat so that new players are not just going and selling it for what they can get like they do on calypso. and get a half decent price for something thats took them hours to collect..

i can also say that i always pay 3 ped per k of sweat even if there offering it at 2 -2.5 ped per k this shows them that there are people out there willing to help new players as well as old ..

this is just my point of view .... people will buy sweat and sell it for what they like..

5. Neil

Made me LOL. Amusing and apt. It should really be layman's, but lame man is funnier.

layman
    1 a nonordained member of a church.
    2 a person without professional or specialized knowledge in a particular subject: the book seems wellsuited to the interested layman.

6. anthonymorris

Yes Neil I know its spelled layman but like you said I looked for the humor in it thus came the lame which means; unconvincing. You know some people will not understand or even be convinced of what people say is true.;)

7. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

new changes is allways causing a lot of fuzz.

this is just an agreement in between some of the s(censored)ters living it up, at our hotel Arkadia!

and some of Us crafters using the ASU for crafting!
    our belief is: we need "ASU for crafting"!; the calypso thingy we dont use for that so!; sry.
    we are in no way trying to contro,l any thing or any one.
    its just an agreement between Arkadians!!!
    if u are in for Arkadia you should simply join!
    AS you would only benefit from it

should answer all

8. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

yes ty for u participation in protection of the Arkadic people i think u should leave the Advisors u damn undercutter
    :)

9. nutrageti

nutrageti Member

Hmm been confused by the term asu for a while now :) glad to see it explained :))

My thoughts on this: you would do very well to teach noobs to sweat, make nice circles, maybe get a person that plays a lot to try and sell all your sweat...trying to impose a price can't really work for a very simple reason: there are always people in a hurry :)

I sometimes sweat, and mostly just stack it up but when i need extra ped i sell it to first guy that buys...
    And let's be honest, if I hear someone saying they can't find cheap sweat on ark cause everyone selling high, i'll warp in a batch of nice cheap sweat cause it's a free market. It's a competition mostly. everyone wants to hof, we kill as many mobs as possible. If you hof once you won't wait for the guy next to you to hof too before killing another mob, you'll shoot more and hope he doesn't get any..

Best help for a begginer I'd say is an opalo and some ammo :) If he likes it he'll sweat or depo but at least he'll know why he sweats or depos :)

10. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

we certainly DO that Neil!!! :) all is welcome new and old players NP were an Union not a society!

ASU have Rocked this Planet for the time since Arkadias BD 6-6 2012 when we formed th idea!

11. anthonymorris

Just a little FYI sirmixalot those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You by your own actions, advertisements, foul mouth,and inability to see the real picture here will only self-destruct your own misguided movement.
    [​IMG]
    you should be ashamed by the way you are acting by misleading the new players, using scare tatics and threats to take advantageof their nonunderstanding of the game.

You Sir stand for everything arkadia is not just by your own actions and the words you speak. But hey the truth shall set you free let people make their own judgments on a misguided Napoleon Bonaparte complex person. Just because you show your true ignorance buy using the foul language does not make you more desirable, it in fact shows your true colors and how misguided you truly are. :fineprint:

• Like Like x 1
  12. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Well that was a bit uncalled for I think. An advisers job is not to ensure all sales stay on Arkadia, or to enforce that no-one is welcome on Arkadia if they don't use Arkadian stuffs...

An advisers job is to help answer questions, help new players find their way around, and basically just generally help whoever from everywhere in EU so they enjoy their experience on Arkadia to the fullest. They are here to say we are great people welcome and enjoy your stay.

Advising a new player that it is ok to sell at lower prices if they feel it is best for them is an absolutely ok thing to do as an adviser. They are there to help them make choices so the player doesn't get frustrated and leave Arkadia. In this case person was standing for days frustrated because he was told not to sell ( for no real good reason mind you ) and he was starting to hate being here so the Advisor did what he was suppose to do to bring back enjoyment to being on Arkadia to that person because they were more then willing to sell at 2 PED / K and not wait more days for 3 PED / K. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people sellling stuff for what they personally feel is a good price for themselves to sell at.

13. anthonymorris

Kmax you are correct i also gave this person Ark-10(full tt) that i had crafted to help them go hunting. i keep around 30-40 of them on me and give them freely to people i think needs a little boost. its amazing what a 3 ped weapon can do for a new player who has no ped but now they have 6ped for ammo and a free gun to get skills going.

14. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Agreed, it was totally uncalled for.

KMax has stated very well here what the Advisers do and they do it very well for the most part. Ranger is one of the most helpful Advisers I've come across and one of the first people I would send new players to for help if I couldn't give it myself.

Now, curb the name calling and bickering and discuss the topic civilly or I'll close the thread and start issuing infractions.

As you were.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ognap

Ognap Member

Just to add my beginner 2pec to the subject, for the moment i've to recognized that ASU people do buy sweat/ASU at 3peds/k, in the meanwhile some undercutters try to buy at half this price at quarry, hoping on the desperation and lack of relations of newcomers sweaters. If there is a trap somewhere, it seems not to be on the ASU people side, as far as i've seen.
    Now, I don't really care about this funny war sweat/ASU and these interplanet politics, it's for me part of the background and well, if this opposition leads to a better price for sweat, i say why not.
    I always sold at 3peds so far, and each time it was ASU people or specific relations by friendlist. For a newcomer, the key seems to be here : find and keep some fair buyers in your FL, or by mentoring, and sell only to them when you need. If not online or buyer this day, I'll sell tomorrow.
    That's how I work.

Edit : in the other hand, to be able to wait few days and don't sell off, I have to count on others activities than sweating ofc - for my part, i'm a miner. It involves to do a little deposit at start, but it's the price of freedom.

16. Neil

You also have to remember that one of the primary functions of sweating is to teach new players the basics of gathering resources and selling them. A critical part of that is understanding how supply and demand work to set the price of a resource. Now 3 ped/k for sweat is not the market price, it's a "gift" price that buyers pay to help out newbies (2 to 2.5 is more inline with the market on Ark). So I believe it may be counter productive to tell them that 3 ped/k is THE price and always will be the price, since it reinforces one of the biggest newbie misconceptions: that there is a "true" price for anything in game. It shows a basic misunderstanding of how trading works. Better to teach them that the market is fluid and constantly changing, that the lower you set the price, the faster it will sell, and that "market value" is whatever the buyer and seller can agree on.

17. anthonymorris

This is true Neil the true value of an item is not what the seller thinks it is but what a buyer is willing to pay for it. the 3ped aK is like you said a gift price not the actual price. as you stated 2-2.5ped a K. And ognap you are correct if the person who buys it from you will give you 3 ped per K then it might be worth waiting for that person or persons to long in but if you are looking to get out and explore the facets of the game and not be stuck in the mundane ritual of sweat gathering. There is a big planet to explore and one to find new and exciting things to do. Life on arkadia does not revolve around sweating alone but is several levels of excitement, adventures, and joys to experience.I often like to just take a run from one section to another just dropping mines every once in a while.:)

18. Ognap

Ognap Member

(that's exactly what I do, Anthony : exploring and mining -in the three ways- sweating between two runs allows me to skill a bit and repay my auction fees i.e, and chatting semi-afk ;) )

I understand that, Neil, but if we look at the whole game economics, this gift is not totally one ; it's more a tiny investment for people who don't care about 0,5ped and which can be interesting in a long term perspective.
    Take my situation for example : discovering the game with hours of sweating in the first day with only buyers at "real" market price. I'd quickly realize that it is ridiculous regarding to items price, maybe quit the game, never deposit, without giving a chance to this universe.
    But finally, 3peds/k, i thought, it's low but enough to interest me to the others parts of the game, I've deposited, bought items for my mining to switch of activity, clothes to put off my carapace noob armor, sleipnir and oil to move faster during my runs, crafters and miners made theirs benefits on, way much than 0.5 or 1 ped by sweat I've ever sold so far. Without talking about business at auction with ores.

In less than two weeks, i maybe allow them to take back 10 or 20 times the 0.5ped someone gave me for my sweat.

So, finally, they all win in the process. This "gift" is necessary to make the machine works.

19. Neil

This is a good principle to learn as well... there are particular buyers and sellers that will give you a much better price than others. For instance, ME sellers can only pay 2-2.5 ped per k or they lose money, while someone buying to make their own ME can afford a higher price, along with WW crafters, and some other uses. It's not just applicable to sweat, it's true for just about any other item in game.

Some players are stingy, some are overly generous... Some buy and sell to make a profit, some even buy and sell and don't mind if they lose money because they view the game as "pay to play" and just want to maximize the time they "have fun". There are crafters that will nickel and dime you to death, and there are others that consistently pay more than MU for materials and will sell you products for much less than MU.

20. Fishface

Fishface Adviser Arkadia Adviser

While none of this is "untrue" in and of itself, you miss the main issue. Trying to get the best price for your sweat is normal. Everyone tries to get the best price for everything that they sell in this game. That's all part of the game.

The issue is your choice of leadership.

When your leader tells people things like:
    "You are not wanted on this planet" because they said sweat instead of ASU....
    "Get your fuck out of here" because they sold for less than 3 ped/k...
    or "I think you should leave the Advisors u damn undercutter" because they explained basic supply and demand...

It doesn't promote a positive experience for new players. These are the same new players who this person is claiming to be "helping".

When he starts requiring you to say ASU instead of sweat, to wear your little brown shirt, or to spam a certain way, it's less about getting a good price, and more about control. It becomes a cult following.

Different sources give different criteria for what constitutes a cult, but the typical hallmarks include:

- An "us vs them" mentality
    - Inventing a crisis (such as the cheap, imported sweat from Calypso)
    - an inordinate amount of focus on the group leader
    - discouraging or punishing of anyone who questions the cult's actions
    - peer pressure
    - dress codes
    - promoting dependance of the group members on the cult

..among many others.

If you would like to get a good price for your sweat, then more power to ya. But the strong-arm tactics that this group is trying to use against anyone who doesn't agree with them are appalling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.