1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Treasure Hunting is here - 29th May 2012 -

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Cyrus, May 23, 2012.

1. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

*aj502 has just looted a 12 pack of old beer

*fistpump

Tippin'

2. Mischief

Mischief Member

Treasures. And that differs from ordinary loot in what way? Weapons, tools or armor parts? Just that these are supposed to be buried and ancient? Or what? Piles of old "spanish" gold coins with a value of...PED? If so I'm not excited. Same crap, new designs.
    If "treasures" is RL stuff like computer stuff, works of art etc I would be impressed. Now it's just...blank.

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Its got to start somewhere remember and Dave has been pretty forthcoming on promises of new content. Give it time to become established and you never know what the A-Team will come up with.

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

have you been to Ark this first year or heard anything about it?
    Or maybe that's why you expect every system on Ark to have awesome rl things in it like we had so many times this past year :D

5. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Then be impressed already. RL items have been distributed and are but a small part of the Treasure Hunting theme of Arkadia. You're welcome. Now come enjoy the show!

6. Mischief

Mischief Member

Yes, I have been to Arkadia, both mining, hunting and sightseeing. It's not my home planet but I like it, don't get me wrong. And I don't expect every system to to deliver RL stuff, just the treasure hunt thingie, really.
    Thing is that making treasure hunts with "just" new designed tools etc, is too close to ordinary loot in my mind no matter if it's Ark, Caly, RT or whatever that releases it. So at this point in time I'm not impressed but do hope that the concept can develop into something more as in my example in my first post. :)

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Mischief, as others have said, treasure hunting is the 'theme' of the whole planet, just like robot wars is the theme of Calypso, music/pop culture is the theme of RT, time travel is the theme of NI etc etc. Within that theme there is the entire storyline setting the stage for the kinds of 'treasure' we will be looking for from the ancient civilization that all of us now on Arkadia came to rescue (too late), and yes that will include all of the types of things you mentioned. Every single planet will introduce content that they have designed for their planet, and logic says that most of that will be the needed items for the main professions with new looks, new stats, etc appropriate to that particular planet. If as you say none of that is of any interest to you then there probably is little reason to ever visit any other planet. The RL items as 'treasure' has already happened in the first year and will again, the mining finder system is about to bring in what far too many believe is the end all and be all of the entire theme of the planet, but it is only a part. It does sound though like any and all of that entire 'theme' will leave you unimpressed if it isn't limited to RL items as the 'treasures' so it's a done deal that you are and will remain unimpressed with such narrow restrictions. Sorry to hear that, but we are all different, I'm very happy myself and very exicited to see the ancient Arkadian stuff as it slowly begins to turn up now, and I'm very pleased that the whole theme will continue over time to develop and grow, but that's just my personal 2 pecs :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Calin

Calin Member

I am so freakin ready for this!!!

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

If treasure hunting is just additional new type of finds and works exactly same way as mining enmatter and ores then it's just a boring add on. Which is what Mischief is probably trying to say.

I always imagined it as something more e.g. when treasure hunting a global or a find may trigger a special instance e.g. fall inside a cave and have to fight monsters etc grab what loot you can before timer runs out. Something like that could be intresting mixing instances with treasure hunting. I haven't listened to the recent interview yet (awaiting for it to be uploaded) so if this has allready been answered there my apologies....

Note the new story on front page supports this kind of implementation. Guess we just wait and see what turns up on tuesday.

10. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

I think Mischief has been fairly well understood in this thread. What most other people are probably trying to say is that treasure hunting will be more than that, and already is.

11. Teshik

Teshik Member

So pretty much like finding a beacon used to be on Calypso. Kill the bots and press the button on the spaceship. ..... not sure if its still the same.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rake

Rake New Member

What time UTC will it be avaiable on the 29th

13. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Arkadiabot and Berthabot eloped, I expect the update usual time

Dev team?

14. hojlund

hojlund New Member

Took the day off, really really looking forward too it! :)

15. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Servers going down right now.

16. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

17. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

I found out, I am still too unskilled to use the Pulsar 8 (L) BP :(. Was hoping to be part of the discovery team, but seems, I will not :(.

18. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

WoW, it's time for us to be "Indiana Jones" or "Lara Croft" :D

19. Art Jennifer

Art Jennifer Member

Can we get more info about it other than it is coming

20. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Cyrus tends to do the content list once an update is in and they are fairly sure it's all made it in ok. Might be a little something else up soon as well, fingers crossed it all gets in and goes well today :)