1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Event: The Lost Interns (The event has ended. Thank you for participating in the event)

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Cyrus, May 20, 2011.

1. pee

pee New Member

Count me in, still hoping for more UL stuff.

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

It will be interesting to see just what types of armor will be available.

I have a feeling we're going to be surprised by a few things. :)

3. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Very good points, Teiwaz

Cyrus, any comment on these?

-- Hyssch --

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Thanks Teiwaz and Hyssch for the pointers.
    Position
    Well, that is true! I can spare a milli-second more to look at the radar (right side) after I check the time (left side). I'll change the rules! Cheers for the feedback.:)

Maximum time/date

I stated in the rules that the first post here with eligible screenshot of each missing intern wins the prize. I wanted to keep the rules simple so there would be a clear cut winner for each intern found and no discrepancies.

Let's take this scenario,
    Alpha posted first. Beta, a pro photoshop user, saw the post and decided to go to the coordinates indicated by Alpha's post, take a screenie, change the time and disputed that he found it first, etc. The sad news is, we'd then have to declare the winner as Beta as he posted within the maximum timeframe I set.

I know this sounds far-fetched but you never know what will happen. And this is just one of the scenarios that could happen among many others. It is with this rationale that I decided that the first post on the thread for each intern would be the winner of these prizes. Let me know what you guys think. :confused:

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

sounds fair Cyrus, it is a forum comp, standard format is who posts first sort of thing, really no other workable way to do it fairly as you said :)

6. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

do I have to host that screenshot on this forum or can it be an external link?

7. Cani Ostro

Cani Ostro Member

you could add the rule that they make a ingame support case with title "intern found" as well, this would verify the timestamp of the screenshot

now if someone sends supportcase after 3 minutes from relaunch, you can ban that user right away for cheating :p

8. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

I think the rules are fair Cyrus, and certainly understand your reasons to keep them simple.

Looking forward to perhaps more forum competitions in the future. :)

9. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

This "Hide & Seek" is totally a good kickstart for Arkadia, bravo! :)

10. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

Another scenario is that player A finds place first but he/she is not a computer literate and before figuring out how to post screenie on forums, player B posts his screenie, even tho he/she was second to find it.

But it's your event and your rules.

One suggestion tho - if you decide to do it first posted wins, please add rule that posts cannot be edited. This will definitely make it cheat-proof.

11. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

I'd recommend you use firefox - so if your image is hosted elsewhere you choose the "From URL" tab, enter the url of the image, and then make sure the "Copy to server" feature is checked.

Alternatively, again in firefox, just upload it directly from your machine.

Unfortunately all other browsers, including Chrome (which I use) don't like the image upload.

Another alternative is to upload to the gallery. There are some great tutorials located in the Learning Centre subforum that Ewok put together.

12. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Good move with this mission :)
    I sure will try to find them ;)

13. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

ok so is there an official thread to post this.... and second as my internet is sllllllooooowwww as heck.. and upload would be 2 problems 1 i dont know how so well and two my internet is terrible. might i suggest the only way nobody can cheat.. why dont u made finding the interns a hof... like a discovery, the first to discover something is alway a hof under new discoveries. that is the most accurate way to see who wins with equal fairness to all... is this possible?

14. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

subscribing so I wont forget where to post my discoveries :D

15. MarielleLarimal

MarielleLarimal New Member

16. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

There was a typo error on the event picture as well as the write up. It should be the Herman LAW-202(L) instead of Herman LAW-102(L). There is no Herman LAW-102(L).

I've made the necessary changes to the forum and the website. For those who might have posted the picture on the other forums, I'd appreciate if you could make the changes as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

17. Rhizosis

Rhizosis Member

Are people that have slow internet connections left out? ;-) Looking forward to more events as other people probably discovered the interns before I am able to log in ^^. Love the event though, keep them coming!

18. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

I'm not kidding when I say they are very hard to find. Good luck for the event guys!

19. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Hard to find sounds good... easy events are easy, lol :D.

Can newcomers find them too?

20. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

[​IMG]