1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armor Attachments

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by miteke, May 9, 2013.

1. miteke

miteke Member

So I bought myself a shiny new armor attachment to slap on my cheap armor and it won't let me. I suspect that it is because it is too thick. Could someone please confirm that there is a restriction on which armor attachments fit on which armors and what that restriction might be - or even better where I might find a better explanation than in Entropedia (long on charts but pathetic on explaining things).

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

if by attachment you mean Armor plating, there is no restriction other then you need to do it when you don't wear the armor piece in inventory.
    at least I'm not aware of any armors that cant use platings

If it's enhancers you mean you need to unlock the tier slot where it fits then attach it there.

3. miteke

miteke Member

I mean an Armor Plating Mark.3B. When I try to drag it onto my unequipped breastplate it is outlined in red and rejects my attempts.

4. Jenny ferr

oh breastplate, I guess that's the Ancient Greece armor from Next Island think you can't use plates on that.

But that's only what I read don't own it myself so if I'm wrong please someone correct me

5. Turisas

Turisas Member

Hoplite armor don't accept plates and i think trojan breastplate is the same thing due the Ancient Greece.

For low level hunting try Ankitus or Koroma

6. miteke

miteke Member

Ugh! Well, why won't it go on my Musca Thigh Guards then? Are they low level armor too? How can you tell? I finally was able to put them on my pixie faceplate though - lot of good that does!

7. Jenny ferr

only reason to not go onto Musca would be if the thighs/plate are below 3% tt so they are not usable anymore, I just tried it myself on a complete musca set from the tt and it worked to attach a plate to every part like it should.

8. miteke

miteke Member

Thanks. Knowing that they should work on the thigh guards led me to examine them more closely. I noticed that they still had the attachment I earned in training still attached to them! The things were at 1% but still occupying the slot. Mystery solved!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Glad you solved that problem. One thing to add - Some people have claimed that using cheap armour (musca on Arkadia, settler on Caly) as "plate hangers" can work out fairly well. Entropedia has a fairly good armour adviser tool.

10. Colbey Kal

Colbey Kal Member

It sounds like you haven't read Alice's Guide. :fineprint:

You should.

11. miteke

miteke Member

Actually I did, but that thing is massive. Also, when you read something as a newbie, you have about a 25% retention rate if that. AFTER Jenny's comment, I remembered reading that very thing in the guide you mentioned.