1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Arkadian Spaceport is needed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Few Scars, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Dev team

On Calypso is Athena Spaceport. Its at high altitude so getting to space takes only a moment.

Currently there are no high altitude places on Arkadia. Can you create either a Spaceport in the clouds for easy access to space either on top of a mountain or via teleport to the cloud base. The Spaceport should have the usual features like a service centre and maybe a few landing pads for QUADs and larger ships in the future.

I would imagine this isnt a hard addition to make to an awesome planet.

Cheers
    Bjorn

2. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

I like this, city in the clouds :D

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

The Supply Depo where the Arkoin mission brokers are and new players run through is not to bad to get into space from only few seconds longer then at Athena. Just no TP there for quick access to space.

TP and term station by the tower landing pad would be good design.

4. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'd rather see a floating spaceport, in the ocean.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'd like to see a floating platform above CHMHQ, at 900m elevation, with a televator down to the surface. If it's the same place as where you enter atmosphere, people are more likely to use it for departure (many travelers haven't explored much of the planet before they need to leave). Full set of terminals would be nice, make it like a real spaceport. At least a storage terminal though. Would be a good place for people to hitch rides to other planets, and maybe reduce the number of spawned vehicles at the quarry.

6. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Some nice suggestions here. I will discuss it with the team.

This will need to be added in somewhere in the existing development schedule so might take a bit of time to properly develop.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I should mention that Athena Spaceport doesn't work as the place where people advertise & join flights because so many players don't have the TP. So to work, it would have to be 1) high 2) easily accessible by everyone 3) convenient 4) a "natural" meeting place and 5) plenty of flat space for parking and landing ships close to the TP/televator. Locating it at the planet entry site (above CHMHQ) I think would fit the requirements.

8. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

ya good points, Athena is cool place over all but it should be where you enter the planet from space if you can only have one entry point on a planet that is. It now is just an out of the way spot some use to just get into space faster being it is at a high alt.

Something better in design definitely could be done on Arkadia for sure.