1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadian Key 1 **Bulk** (not minis)

Discussion in 'Buying' started by Jod, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Hey all.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can cook up some Arkadian Key 1's in batches of about 10 at a time(every day or two).

I had a deal going with someone for +.80 but they are going off planet for a while so I need another crafter to fill the gap.
    We can negotiate of course and I'll take the best offer.

Thanks.

To explain a little further what the offer is....

I'm not looking to completely pay for someone elses skilling losses but simply share the cost.

I'm also not looking to make someone incur losses on something they wouldn't be skilling,that wouldn't be fair either and I would expect to pay full MU.

I am happy to share the costs of 'your' skilling but not pay completely for all your losses.
    If someone sends me after a specific hunting loot I don't charge them for the full cost of the hunt.

Its more that if you want to skill some keys I will help pay for your losses but not cover them completely.

If no one is looking to skill this stuff at a reduced cost then I'll have to re-think it.

This is a mutual benefit plan not a charity for someone elses skilling :tongue:

Hope that makes sense and doesn't seem like I'm trying to rip anyone off.

regards,
    Jod.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Had an offer but would like to see if anyone can beat it......

3. San

San Well-Known Member

I've made a handful for my own key runs. I thought briefly of offering it, but for me it would probably not quite work out at the mu offered. I can't sustain continued losses. I would do it if given the materials, and I'd simply return everything that drops. Another day or two on the Kronan till unlock of bp comprehension, that should improve returns a little but not sure how much. But would it make sense for you, I doubt. Sure a bit cheaper to make for someone with more skills, but worth running after every day at the requested quantity?

I don't know if crafting is something you like doing or building your skills in. Since it is a basic blueprint, it is doable at any level, so why not just do it yourself? The mats are all cheap when bought in bulk, or often even tt food if you also mine yourself and no trader in sight to take it. I don't see much sense in relying on someone else for such a lowly item.

4. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

It is an easy BP and I have the skills to use it without too much waste but...

1. I have no interest in spending my peds to skill crafting...none.
    2. I dont have the BP and if I did it would be zero QR and would need building or investing in one that has been 'maxed'.
    3. I'm also not much of a miner so gathering the resources is best left to someone who knows best where to find them and will have them from their day to day activities anyway.

I would much rather find someone who wants to skill this specific thing and mitigate their losses by buying a few.
    I have weighed up the pro's and con's and the deal I had was working out best for me so if possible I'd like to keep that going or as close to as I can get.

Thanks for the interest though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Just want to explain a little further what the offer is....

I'm not looking to completely pay for someone elses skilling losses but simply share the cost.

I'm also not looking to make someone incur losses on something they wouldn't be skilling,that wouldn't be fair either and I would expect to pay full MU.

I am happy to share the costs of 'your' skilling but not pay completely for all your losses.
    If someone sends me after a specific hunting loot I don't charge them for the full cost of the hunt.

Its more that if you want to skill some keys I will help pay for your losses but not cover them completely.

If no one is looking to skill this stuff at a reduced cost then I'll have to re-think it.

This is a mutual benefit plan not a charity for someone elses skilling :tongue:

Hope that makes sense and doesn't seem like I'm trying to rip anyone off.

regards,
    Jod.

If I was interested in completely covering someone elses losses than it really does tilt over to making more sense doing it myself.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  6. San

San Well-Known Member

To avoid misunderstanding, the idea was taken from how mining companies work. Might be a bit comparing apples with oranges, but at any rate, of course nobody would enter a deal if there wasn't something in it for both sides they want. Nobody is suspecting a rip-off and nobody is asked for charity. Just trying to make sense of it for the sake of finding opportunities.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Um.....I actually dont know how the mining companies work,I've never used one but if it is how you say and it helps to explain it better I'm happy with that,thanks :)

I made the last post after another offer that was basically at 'cost to craft' so to avoid any more confusion I wanted to clarify more.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  8. San

San Well-Known Member

Here is one, for example. I have not yet worked for them or another one, just studied the concept and wondered if it or any part of it would be transferrable to crafting or hunting.

Heck, the market is so bad I didn't even get muscle oil sold for 10 days straight. An auction expired, and shouting is completely in vain. I don't know where the big crafters get their supplies, but they are not seen directly interacting with those who dig it all up like it works on other planets. Some request specific materials, like Madana tails or Tiarak hides. I'd hunt any specific mob on request if ALL the loot was taken off me at a reasonable mu, not the skewed official one but something that would work out for a trader if we had one on this planet. Or under a similar agreement as the mining company has. But I suspect I need not even ask for such a deal, otherwise it would exist already.

Sorry for the digression. Just still haven't given up searching for any ways to make things work better and latched onto your request.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

No apology necessary mate.

I think given the fact that we don't have the strongest market in EU here at Ark deals like this one would be beneficial to all involved.
    Lets face it its not like Ark 1 keys are flooding out the doors :D
    At least the crafters would still get to do some skilling even if they cant find something to make a regular market out of.

And yeah as you say if someone picked a mob for me and bought all the loot with at least some MU I'd be out there grinding like I was a month ago also.

Muscle oil was one of the only two oils that were still moving with some MU up to a few weeks ago when I shelved the bulk of my hunting.
    Not a good sign but we are in depths of Northern Summer now and its never been a great time of year for EU.
    Hopefully things can turn around soon.

Guess we need not mention Exp BP's I'm sure we are on the same page on that one :facepalm3:

P.S. Bookmarked that link for the future ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

At the risk of going off topic - seems like the residue supply (on Arkadia) has decreased with a corresponding increase in MU. Less people clicking Expl? Or TTing the results? Or perhaps they are just doing it on Caly during migration.

11. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting,The cynic in me wants to say the third option but I hope for the first option.

12. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

This has been off topic for some time already but some good points have been made so I hope Jod doesn't mind a few more free bumps. :)

Apart from a spike on Sunday, there seems to be a slight downtrend in the volume of explosives crafting, but probably not enough to explain the rise in residue MU.

Last time I checked (offline now), residue MU on Caly was rising ahead of Ark, so option #3 seems unlikely.

Some people have mentioned Stage IX of Mission Galactica which takes 1,000,000 metal residue as a possible explanation but then, the next (and last) reward is at the end of stage X which takes Vacuum Flux Generators - and from the turnover in those it seems no more than two or three Modified Restoration Chips have come into existence yet, and I doubt anyone would commit 10 kPED in residue before having Vacuum Flux Generators available.

Running out of other explanations, I feel tempted to assume an increase in consumption of crafted L items. Not that I know which items though.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  13. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Not at all mate,free bumps are good bumps ;)

14. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

still buying....

15. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

buying still...