1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Skilling Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by rick_janson, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

There have been rumors both ways... So rather than chance it, so far the consensus has been to wait. :)

2. rick_janson

Now that we've figured out that getting stuck requires a server line cross, we're resuming this event. Probably on Tuesday, but if we get enough spontaneously that are already on GL, we could probably do one sooner...

3. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

i'm game for anytime... have a ton of rk-5's and wire.....

4. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

T-5 and counting ...

Remember, meet up at Celeste Quarry at 18:45MA, so we can begin shuttling people up to the MS. The flight is FREE, just bring your own RK-5 and tons of WW (+50k). If you do not have either of those, there will be people on board that can sell it.

jc

5. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

awesome! looks like i get to make this trip 8)

6. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

T-3 hrs to our next flight, we start boarding at 18:45ma @ Celeste Quarry.

7. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

8. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Dang and I'm stuck at work. Those skilling trips are just plain fun. GL to you guys and gals, have enough fun for me too. :)

9. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

LOL, can AFK skill while at work ... I do when I take naps ... :p

Anyway ... T-50 and counting ...

jc

10. rick_janson

Well, with the lack of community interest, we have to discontinue. The last three times (over the last 6 weeks or so) we haven't had enough players to even take the ship out. If a group of players (4 or more) want to do it for disciples or soc members, let us know, I guess. We'll try to be flexible and we'll see if we can arrange for someone who can pilot.

I'll leave it on the calendar for this week. But if we don't get any interest by next week, I'll take it off the Calendar.

11. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Sorry I couldn't make it today. I didn't know these skilling trips were back on... I'd thought they'd been discontinued since december when there were so many problems with the motherships. I'll be glad to pilot, just let me know a day ahead of time so I can schedule the time for it.

12. rick_janson

No problem. I think we've only managed to get 3 or 4 "trips" since Christmas.

13. Vadio

Vadio Member

i have lot interresing just PM - ME jhan delarea freitas (using player register)

14. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Hi All.

Ace has removed everyone from the Gaga's guestlist, because Support has now deemed repairing with the 0.0 bug as an exploit. He will re-add ppl if they promise not to use it again.. This means that if ppl wants to skill on Gaga we need to get this event rolling again..

Therefor I'm asking if there's still interest in the skilling trips?

15. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Interesting, I never managed to make any of the trips at all, and was wondering if they were still going or back on, and never heard of this bug either but it sounds bad. With all the bugs in space and people getting warned of bans for using those bugs etc, I think that further settles my decision to stay on the firm land of Arkadia lol. Good luck to all with getting the trips going again.

16. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'm appalled that it took Mindark 7 months to even decide that the 0.0 repair function was a bug, and then they say it's a bannable offense? Without even announcing it to the public?? I sure hope they have the decency to warn people before banning them.

What makes it even more absurd is that you have to actively go out of your way to avoid doing the 0.0 repairs. You're repairing with auto-tool and then it hits 100% and, oops, you went too far, now you're exploiting. In order to get rid of the bug, after adding SI, the pilot has to warp the ship off of the server and back or clear the ship of all avatars for half an hour or so before he can remove the "bug".

If Mindark doesn't want anyone using the bug, why can't they fix it instead of threatening to ban people? Is the code really that screwed up that they can't figure out a way to fix the problem? Pathetic. Next we'll hear that mob overkill is a bug and everyone who's ever used it will be banned.

Anyway sorry for all the negativity, I guess I'm a bit annoyed with all the serious bugs Mindark has ignored the last year while working hard on useless eye candy like avatar animations and making hair wave.

On topic:

In regard to skilling on the Gagarin, I'm happy to pilot the ship or do repairs anytime. Unless, of course, it's an exploit to get pilot skill by driving around a mothership. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe we'll find out in a year or so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

I would join but not at the risk of getting my account banned even 1 second.

18. rick_janson

I can't speak to how support would respond, but I would think that intent would have to be shown. For example, if you repair using 0.0 bug while stuck in the station that would be considered an exploit. If it's accidental, that shouldn't be. just keep an eye on it and if it says 0.0 (or less than 20) then turn off auto-use for a second.

Neil: Crossing servers only fixes it until it takes damage again. If we were to have a server reboot, then it would stay fixed even after taking damage.

19. rick_janson

It's done. If someone wants to do something special and head out in the mob field, PM one of us. Don't count on anything unless you can for sure get the people together. There are other plans in process.

There's been zero interest. No one has even asked about it. No discussion whatsoever unless one of us reminds the community it's here. So it's done. If the community interest isn't going to be anymore than that, future events are going to be limited an infrequent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.