1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Skilling Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by rick_janson, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosha

Prosha Member

Can you tell a newbie what kind of skilling event it is? I mean, what skills are you farming that way?

2. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

manufacturing skills.. Vehicle Repair, Engineering..

All it takes is an RK-5 and a lot of Welding Wires.. And some ped to pay for the trip and the TP down to planet again..

3. Prosha

Prosha Member

What will you be repairing out there, a mothership?

4. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Vehicle Structural Engineering would be the main skill bonus but you will go up in, a lot of other skills also but more slowly, Vehicle crafting skills main concentration of progression but I believe other crafting skills will also slowly go up. Has anyone truly compiled the list of skills effected and the average percentage over a time period of doing this activity ie. snapshot of all skills you have, do this event for 4 hours and/or number of clicks take another snapshot and calculate percentages increase of all the skills that changed within that time. I wish I could participate but I am at work between these times or I'd try to find these statistics out.

GL

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There are four sections of the mothership to repair, I can give a tour of the ship before starting, since the ship's floorplan can be quite confusing the first few times. You will be repairing at one of the four repair points, repairing damage done by mobs that get collected on the ship as we fly through the hunting grounds. Gunners and pilot will work to make sure we get enough mobs to keep skilling but not so many mobs that we die.

From entropedia, these skills are improved when using an RK-5 (vehicle structural engineer):

Intelligence, blueprint comprehension, vehicle repairing, vehicle techology, serendipity, electronics, engineering, mechanics, scientist

Also note that when you reach lvl 10 in vehicle structural engineer, you unlock blueprint comprehension.

Depending on the length of the skilling event and the skill of the pilot and other crew, you can expect to increase perhaps a skill point in VSE, though there will be some learning curve if the pilot is green. I'd bring at least 3k wires and 1 full RK-5 (you probably won't use a whole RK-5, but a good portion of it). There is a trade terminal on board.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

EDIT: Updated data w image capture for easier reading.

The main eng prof gained is VSE, then VE, ME followed by EE, and many skill pts are gained.
    3 sets of numbers = start, end, incr

1st Trip:
    Cost, <3 ped RK5 decay + WW.

2nd Trip:
    Cost: < 1 PED decay + WW

View attachment 2704

jc

• Like Like x 1
  7. zume

We just came down to Ark again after an absolutely FABOULOUS trip.. We had so much fun.. started 7 ended 6 ppl which is the ABSOLUTE minimum.. Great skills, great fun and lots of action.. :) We hope to be at least 10 next week.. Its gonna be just as FUN and FAB!! You should come next week.. Cheap skilling, fun action, and on top of that.. Its a fucking great teambuilding challenge.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

And remember, starting next week it's on Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays. :)

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yeah, it was fun... we had a blast! Literally! I didn't think that skilling with so few would go so well, but it did. I'm now lvl 7 vehicle structural engineer :)

10. rick_janson

And just for fun, we blew up the ship at the end (and then repaired it).

11. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Man, you guys had fun while I was getting lost all the time running around like a headless chicken ... MA needs to but directional MAPs on those darn motherships ... What the heck were they thinking making it so huge? :p:rolleyes::confused::p

jc

12. rick_janson

We had the most fun after you left and we almost died a couple times before we decided to blow it up... :p

13. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Here is my latest stats on another skilling flight ...

3.5hrs w 3.7k clicks. VSE at Lvl 5+ now, almost a 2 lvl gain and 20% gain on most professions.

View attachment 2709 [​IMG]

EDIT: Just notice the mistake on BLP, it is actually 248.49%, not 348.49%.

14. Prosha

Prosha Member

How many welding wires did you use up?

15. rick_janson

3,749 clicks x 8 wire/click = 29,992 wire @ 2.9992 PED TT x 240% MU = 7.19808 PED

Jim, if you'd done one more click, it would've been an even 3 PED TT = 7.2 PED

:p

16. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

And to achieve the same result using Basic Filter clicking, I would have had done at least 8-10K clicks. Even at zero MU, the cost is 50 PED/K minus the return, so at best 15-20 ped per K clicks. Therefore it will cost between 150-200 PED for a net gain of 20%, or 600-1000 PED per eng prof lvl instead of less then 45 PED per lvl. Aside from the higher PED, I will also not be 1/2 way to unlocking BP Comprehension.

600 PED per lvl x 10, or 6,000 ped, vs 45 PED x 10 or 450 PED to get a result of lvl 10 on all eng profs.

jc

17. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Thanks for the info on all this Jim, I had wondered why so many were so keen on clicking repair on the ships and now I understand. Even counting the possible mu on selling whatever you craft, which you won't get with this repairing, it seems simply the skilling flies a lot faster, so well worth doing. I may ask to go up with you guys next week :D

18. zume

You should Lee.. we had some damn fun.. Both the skilling (keeping an eye on all rep points) AND the chat itself.. :D and the more that comes with us, the cheaper it gets.. :)

19. Prosha

Prosha Member

I might join next time. I wonder if someone might sell me some welding wire at 240% (or 300%). The least expensive you can get at arkadian auction is 400%.

20. rick_janson

I will once I get back to Arkadia later today. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.