1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Skilling Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by rick_janson, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

It's on the calendar, but who knows if it'll stay there (or work right).. :p

Arkadians Unleashed has made an agreement to rent the MS Gagarin, courtesy of George Ace Skywalker. Every Tuesday 1900-2200 UTC (beginning November 22, 2011) the Gagarin will be available for skilling trips.

Any questions or clarifications can be posted here or directed to either myself or Zume. Details will also be available from just about any member of Arkadians Unleashed.

Note: We're not out to make a profit, just to help players skill up in crafting professions or maybe help new players who are having trouble graduating.

Time: 1900-2200 Every Tuesday
    Meet: Celeste Quarry @ 1830
    Bring: 7 PED for teleporter back to planet or 2 PED planet entry fee; 32k+ Welding Wire; 1 RK-5

*Note: Welding Wire can be bought for 240% on the trip; RK-5 can be bought for 11 PED

**FEE: While it was based on a weekly fee, it no longer is. This opens it up to everyone a bit more. If you have something you want to get rid of, here's a good opportunity. If you choose to donate, feel free, but it's not required.

Materials looked for:
    Oil
    Belkar Ingot
    Glam Ingot
    Veda Ingot
    Copper Ingot
    Gazzurdite Ingot
    Niksarium Ingot
    Gold Ingot

2. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

MS Gagarin - great name! Good luck sorting it out.

3. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Ty Tim.. A little more details:

We will meet at Celeste Quarry at 18:50 MA time, where George will meet us so that those who wish to go on the trip can be added to guestlist and summoned. When everyone is on list, i will divide the rental price into the number of participants and I will collect the price from each participant and pay George. Summoning will happen at 19:00 MA time, so if you are late, then it's your loss. We do NOT wait as we are having limited time. Be sure to bring an RK-5 and plenty of welding wires, and dont forget 7 ped for tp'ing down after the trip unless we can gather enough vehicles with thrusters for flying down..

Like Rick said, the more the merrier, and if someone wishes to use the MS for hunting Space Horrors, they can do so if they bring their own ammo..

I hope to see a lot of ppl there.. No matter your skill level its worth the trip..

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I noticed that you picked Wednesday... that's the same day and time that the Normandie does free skilling on Arkadia hunting grounds. If you want to use the same time of day, couldn't you pick another day of the week, like Tuesday or Thursday so that people can skill for free on Wednesday and then go on the Gagarin on another day?

5. zume

I wasnt aware of that Neil.. No need to bash around.. and isnt their free skilling 100 ped pr month? or did i miss something when i read about it??

Besides this is something we wanted to do as a soc and offer to the rest of the ppl as a cheap way.. This is paid per trip, not 100 ped pr month pr person, which kind of makes you HAVE to go on quite some trips pr month not to be expensive..

6. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Neil: The skilling flight plan was initially intended for soc members within AU, and the arrangement happened with George while we were still discussing the details out within soc chat. Wed was offered and no one objected. We only later opt'ed to open it up to the general public because it can also serve as an excellent service for the Arkadian community, hence we aren't doing this for profit.

Besides, isn't Wed's skilling on the Normandie only done during the stop break at Arkadia, then it is on its way back to Caly?

RK-5: If your RK-5 is running low, bring a spare. You can expect to do at least 3k+ RK5 clicks in 3 hours, or 24k+ of welding wire. 4k+ clicks is quite possible.

Lootable: Make sure your do not have any, therefore you need to clear out your materials and resources inv areas.

From Space Station back to Arkadia: Many of us has Quad/VTOL, so shuttle service may be available on a first come first serve queue for 5 PED.

PS: Make sure you have SPACE downloaded with your Client loader.

jc

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Good luck with this venture, Gagarin is my personal favorite since George kindly gave me the gift of being the one who went out and got it blown up the first time (during the event when the MA CEO was playing pirate and we all had to catch him) :) I'm guessing he has upgraded it since then, as when they all started out as babies they were paper thin lol. Here is a little clip I made for George back then, since he wasn't able to be online for the event so it was just me, myself and I playing bait for the big guns that day.

[video=youtube;et1MCUgzuB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et1MCUgzuB4&feature=share[/video]

8. rick_janson

If we don't get any other players, we'll have it for our society. :)

9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

hmm sounds interesting

10. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

Good luck. This space travel are just amazing. Space gives a huge amount of possibilities, specially to trade.

11. Neil

Zume,
    I didn't intend to bash anyone—sorry if it came across that way.

It's my understanding that repair-skilling is free during the Normandie's scheduled hunting trips. There's no charge since no warp flight is involved. The 100 per month subscription is for unlimited warp flights between planets (during which you're expected to stand ready to repair should the need arise... which means you won't really be getting any repair skilling on warp flights).

Normandie's scheduled skilling at Arkadia is Wednesday from approx. 20:30 to 23:30. At least that's the schedule for this week.

12. rick_janson

I was under the impression those were charged as well... And that their "skilling" flights were only Thursday and Friday... At least, that's what I was told by someone who had done it recently... 100 PED per month for unlimited flights including the skilling activities Thursday and Friday (1st time was free with someone already on, 50PED after that) is what I was told... Hence our reason of trying to do it on a day separate and for less.

13. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Neil,

My conversation with John-BK on Friday was that he allows a given avatar to try out skilling flight once for free. After that it is a payment deal. You may want to verify that.

jc

14. rick_janson

Hmmm.. Maybe it was a special deal for ASF members? :p

15. Neil

I just checked with John. Turns out my info was wrong. You do need a monthly subscription even if all you do is repair-skilling on the Normandie and don't make use of the warp flights. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

16. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Giving the thread a little nudge, push, and bump ...

17. rick_janson

UPDATE: Starting next week, the skilling trips will be moved to Tuesday.

OP updated to reflect this change.

18. zume

Just a gentle little nudge in the ribs.. Dont forget! It's gonna be epic!!!

19. Neil

OK everybody who is NOT going yet, this is probably the cheapest way to unlock blueprint comprehension.

20. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Countdown begins ... The flight is only bit more then 2 hrs from now ...

I am sorry that I have to miss today's maiden flight for our event, but I will join you guys from next week onward on Tues ...

jc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.