1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Resource Map

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Neil, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

I really appreiciate the work you do with this map, but I don't understand, why you don't add the data to entropedia.info and entropia planets? Problem with the Wiki or any other reason? (no offense, I am curious).

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I tried to find a balance between privacy and sharing. I don't think most miners are willing to give the exact coords of their finds, but are willing to point people in the general area. I know that I personally would not want to give out the coords to certain spawns to just anyone. If you're adding a resource on entropedia, you have to give the exact coords. If you notice, on entropedia, it's mostly just lyst and oil, and I suspect it's because of miners' wish to keep their good finds secret.

3. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Neil, ck into the oceanic app Niruf mentioned. I downloaded it today and played with it myself, pretty nice little app. The data entry is simple XML text that anyone can do with an text editor.

I started added in the TPs, and will play with setting up "areas" next. It seems to be pretty capable little mapping app.

jc

4. Neil

k. I glanced at Oceanic before, but it looked too complicated. I'm downloading it now and will take a look at it, I promise :)

5. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

just finished an ore run in the L3c/d area. Using Z25 unamped, 30 PED bombs. Result:

Alferix 9.5
    Veda 4.32
    Erdorium 4.0
    Gazz 3.75
    Banite 2.56
    Belkar 1.38

Not exactly a good run :/

Since my holidays I seem to have bad luck - so, ppl, hear and learn: Relaxing in the sunshine, swimming in the sea with a perfect temperature, eating delicious stuff - this all will severely hurt your EU results! Beware!

Have a good time ;-)))

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neil

I had a look at Oceanic, however, I'm currently playing with Little Big Mining Log (thanks Vadio/Delarea for the tip about that app). It's a lot of fun, and easy to use. I'll have to see how the mapper for ET works, once Arkadia is supported. But right now, this little app is making mapping a LOT easier.

7. Vadio

Vadio Member

yes , i dont only share depth but type :)
    Keep work!

8. Xandra

Hi,

reporting for the G10 quadrant (sry, was a long run, no more correct data available):

Z25 as usual, this time Ore and Enmat:

Enmat:

Melchi, Cave Sap, Henren, Nexus, Binary, Solis, Typo, Quil, Hydro, Zolphic

Ore:

Banite, Veda, Copper, Yulerium, Zinc, Iolite, Terrudite, Megan

All entries descending by TT.

Quite an assortment, right? But at least a good run. TT spent < TT extracted :)

Have a good time, hope it helps.

9. Xandra

Hi,

and one for the F10 quadrant:
    (Z25 unamped)

Enmat:

Hydrogen, Binary, Azure, Solis, Zolphic, Garcen, Dunkel

Ore:

Veda, Igni, Iolite, Banite, Megan, Terrudite, Copper

All entries descending by TT.

Serious win again, seems I'm back :)

Btw., an absolutely breathtaking landscape in F/G 10, most beautiful! I decided to book my next holiday there. Great work, A-team, kudos!

Have a good time!

10. Xandra

Hi,

a run up from L10 to L11/12 along the coast yielded (enmat only, Z25):

Melchi, Edres, Dianthus, Binary, Alice. (descending due to tt)

A huge win :)

Have a good time!

11. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

Im a crafter, not a miner, so i want as many people to know excatly where to get what as possible! I do have a question about the entropedia land divisions on their map tho. Is that where the ores change? Im trying to skill mining now, so Im going to start updating its maps with the what-where. Hope it helps us all!

12. Neil

I wouldn't bother updating it. Mindark changes the ores around whenever they want to, as they did last wednesday.

13. Fallen

Fallen Member

im a miner not a crafter, so i want as many people to know exactly what to craft to do well :)
    im going to start skilling soon and tell people all the BP's i do well on, hope it helps us all :D

if you lack resources placing a order at a decent buyout might help you, the problem at the moment with arkadia for miners is the auction is quite slow and average markup too low atm to do a decent turnover with amps, and supply people.
    its a bit different to caly with its busy auction.

and yes sadly neil is right, MA has been changing the mining fields so frequently there is not much point in mapping in this way.
    it seems that the concepts of supply and demand and balance are difficult ones for MA/ARK team, it seems their favourite tool to fix things is a hammer, a big hammer...

14. OussemaH

OussemaH New Member

Can anyone tell me why i can't see any attachemetn/images used in this thread ?

15. Lardinho

Lardinho Member

srsly? you found Dunkel on Ark? o_O;

I had no idea, blimey there really are rich pickings here, I dream on getting Dunkel drop ^^;

16. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

A long time ago, there were very rare Dunkel drops :) Not so sure about now though! I haven't seen any in over a year.

17. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Dunkel is still rare enough to be stupidly expensive though....on both Ark and Caly.

18. Neil

My last dunkel claim was quite a long time ago, less than a year tho.

19. DragonxWolf

DragonxWolf New User

Hello every onel

Hello every one,
    I am moving soon to Ark from Caly [as soon as I can fig out how to get my Quad-Wing Interceptor to work that is lol]
    I want to do some mining first and hunting as back up and I have heard that Ark is one of the best place to do so.
    the point I am getting at is that I have both little big Mining Log and the oceanic programs but do not know how to make them work in game.
    I am posting here because this is where i sew oceanic being talk about so I hoe that I have step over the line..

Thanks for any help any one can give...

Later..

:>

20. Surek

Surek New User

odiinj sold

Thanks for the info, im searching this map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.