1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Publicity?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by AnthonyJHughes, Jun 2, 2011.

1. AnthonyJHughes

AnthonyJHughes Member

Ive seen that events in the past to represent Arkadia and to get it somewhat publisized have been good and all. But does the Arkadia developer's have any plans to get the word out on a larger scale. I see that the planet has quite a few players but i can see it doing so much better with a larger population in the near future but only if more interest are sparked into joining and trying out this new world. Well in perspective i would like to get info on events that have already taken place to get the word out about Arkadia and if the team had any plans for future expositions?

2. Calin

Calin Member

3. Golddude

Golddude Member

Yea i gusse it is similar to what he is saying :)

4. AnthonyJHughes

AnthonyJHughes Member

Yeah thats going towards what i hope to see more of within the next year or so to attract a bigger variety of players so that the economy in Entropia is much bigger and that this creates a better experience for setting up hunts, soc., parties, etc.

5. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

Buying the background as advertisement on http://www.mmorpg.com/ might be a good idea :)
    Seen loads of big titles do it - and it's a really popular site for people to go to.

One little issue I see is the small exposal EU has in the MMO world out there. It's not "easy" to actually learn about the game. Certainly it's a niche game as well, but gotta give people a chance to try it out ;)

6. AnthonyJHughes

AnthonyJHughes Member

Yeah Daenerys thats brilliant thats originally where most of the games i have played come from because they attract so much attention that the best games end up there anyways :) might be a huge step forward for Arkadia

7. Sonya Heart

Sonya Heart Member

While its all good with communications on the forum its still EU its not like its a new game, the biggest sell of this part of the game is the treasure hunting I suppose (since its the only real new thing about it), since thats not in yet I wonder if the advertising would be badly timed until it is in.

"Hey welcome to the treasure hunting planet, you cant hunt any treasure but ...... :)"

8. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

The team have said they will be doing a lot of marketing and PR, the Alienware connection and the AsiaSoft Festival were pretty good starters :) I expect they will be letting us know as time goes on whenever something new is planned, and it would maybe make sense to get a few things into the game and bugs sorted etc before further big pushes I'd think. Have full confidence Arkadia will market itself and in the process, Entropia, more than it has ever been before and in a very postive way.