1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Mining Depths for Ores/Enmatters

Discussion in 'Mining' started by strategist2, May 26, 2011.

1. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

Wasn't there an official thing from mindark stating that ores and enmatters could now be found at any depth? will go in search of said thread/update...

2. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Kosmos, you have the best posts in this thread and you get neg reps? LoL!!!
    See why I stop giving hints? At least now I deserve the neg reps.

3. kosmos

kosmos Member

I don't care for your rep, but instead of neg repping someone why not offer something to the thread as well since you have the same observation?

4. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Don't have much to add Kosmos, your post mostly covered it all. Only thing i might add as that i think loot locations and depths might not be finalized in Arkadia yet, and for me it is too early to really do some research on arkadian mining.

6. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I think they are talking about being able to find both enmatter and matter, not about being able to find every resource with a single finder.

7. kosmos

kosmos Member

Thats actually something we agree with. Ark is not in a beta but the way the spawns are atm ... well it kinda is beta cause of the volume of lyst and other things I guess. I guess in the coming months more info will come out and more things will be found that I think are still missing from here.

8. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

ahh...ok...^^ that would make sense...

9. filibert

filibert Member

hello Stryder,
    did many runs (1000 probes) today, here are my updated datas; that post includes my last report:

Banite 431-640
    hydrogen 459-817
    Edres resin 273-725
    kaz 459-692
    zolphic 392-595
    florican 353-663
    ospra 236-655
    pel crystals 392-665
    wenrex 177-704
    hebredite 319-791
    zulax 393-593
    Quil 485-641
    telfium 431-608
    xelo 447-501
    yulerium 391-723
    veda 495-721
    vorn 420-732
    somin tar 385-508
    star 361-702

bye!

filibert

10. filibert

filibert Member

did'nt actualized the page so did'nt see new posts, sorry ,-)

- was'nt that "any" meaning "both" and "type" ores/enmat? Or it might be that they gave a chance for any (even 1/1000 chance) while before was yes/no for some finders and little, good,etc chance for others? If it means what you think however, then we have to go directly to finder maping, dunno as i I did'nt find many ressources yet while having travelled alot already and droped moderated-good amount of probes

- no it was'nt me that neg-rep you kosmos (really not my kind, hence i never done it to nobody), and yes i know about changing finder to try avoid some particular craps in a region, (on calypso/amethera only) but here we just want fast pre-view, as it starts. the op with a low-finder, me with a low-medium, then hopefully we have someone with a medium and medium-high etc...
    I said it on my first answer, I perfectly agree with you that the finder maping has to be done, of course, but not in a first move imo. cause it takes time and that will be achieved but not by just 2 persons (or within a veeeery long time) of wich 1 at least (me lol) has limited budget so has to wait for selling them before to go back at runs.

for the "beta" state, was it be said clearly and specifically for mining finds? I can't find it again as i'm tired and must go, but i was remembering the sentence was applying more to what mobs drop and not to mining claims.

would be nice if many more ppl contribute anyway

11. kosmos

kosmos Member

Somewhere the ceo said the spawns will change over time. I think it was a post from last week. Changing finders works here too cause the known depths are the same from what I seen (binary, gold, etc as example).

12. krm398

krm398 Member

Needless to say, there are materials to be found at every level..the only thing to consider for profitability is: "Who much of each?" It's pretty well known as a miner that the really expensive and deeper ores,etc are found in very small amounts (most of the time) so this list is nice, but I stick with my idea that 80% of all good,profit making hits are in the top 350 or so..so I use a 102 for everything, and I'm doing ok...considering that the planets brand new...I have only one thing to ask of Dave..."Don't move things around after we get started."

I mined on Calypso for 7 years, and when the new graphics came out they openly and very obnoxiously, as far as I'm concerned posted signs everywhere saying : "Geology has changed" so all those hundreds and thousand of bombs and probes meant I learned absolutely nothing about where to mine, very nearly left for good, if we're willing to mine for long times, and spend money, please have some respect for our efforts and dont play 'hide the resources' like they did. (sorry for the short rant, my bad)

13. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Oh, but please do play hide the resource if you make friendlier field designs.
    I love Arkadia. I am a miner these days, but as it is now is way easier and profitable to mine some place else.
    Maybe the extractor bug was there to make it harder to explore... Maybe there are the fields I dream you will have some day and I could not find them. But is a pain to search and small fields just make frustration go up. Maybe is a good thing tho. We will see.

14. filibert

filibert Member

until now I only have "traditional" ressources within the known ranges too. However i note every claim, just to be sure

15. filibert

filibert Member

hello Stryder
    today I had to use tt finder so I have lower depths
    here are them (only lowest are posted)

yulerium 125
    hebredite 153
    edres 152
    telfium 292
    kaz 161
    wenrex 184
    hydrogen 113