1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia "Hunt the Thing" - Weekend of Dec 10th-12th

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AttacKat, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

EVENT POSTPONED DUE TO KNOWN VU ISSUES IN SPACE

The event will be reschedule after the issues are fix by MA.

********** Official MA Known Issues for VU 12.3.0 **********
    05 Dec 2011 14:30 UTC

Space:
    *If you are in a dynamic area (space ship and space station is the most common ones) you quite often experience issues. These can include, but are not limited to:
    - Issues with login
    - Issues with terminals
    - Issues with the dynamic area (for example a spacestation, you are in the location of the station but still floats in space)
    - Issues with teleporter to get to other stations/planets.

These issues will be fixed as soon as possible.

The IFN have recently received a series of S.O.S. distress calls near a location off of planet Rocktopia. After decoding the transmissions the IFN has determined that there is a serious infestation of the Thing near that location, but no further details can be gathered at this point.

It has been determined by the IFN it is necessary to send out an exploration team to investigate the seriousness of this matter. Due to the recent deployment of our forces to recover the missing weapons from the Oratans, as well as the threat from the newly discovered Scoria - The IFN is seeking new recruits for this deployment.

Assignment: To investigate the seriousness of "The Thing" infestation and help eliminate.

Deployment Period: 10/12 @ 00:00MA -12/12 06:00MA
    Transportation Vessel : MS Gagarin, thanks to George Ace Skywalker.
    Vessel Boarding Procedure: Shuttles via VTOL/Quad.
    Vessel Capacity: Max 50.
    Deployment Boarding: Boarding the MS Gagarin will begin on 10/12 @ 00:00MA, leaving Arkadia space 10/12 @ 15:00 MA. Space travel time is estimated to be 2-3 hrs.
    Return boarding: 11/12 12:00MA, departing Rocktopia on 12/12 @ 03:00MA

Cost: 5 to 10 PED per recruit for proper weapon and ammo.

Sweat Teams: To help new recruits to fund the cost for this deployment, sweat teams will be formed at the Quarry though out the week.

HUNT Teams: Teams will be assigned based on recruits' time zones (6-8 hr blocks) to increase team efficiency. It is expected for the recruit to complete the assignment within 4 to 5 hrs. Recruits are free to explore Rocktopia once their assignment has been completed.

All recruits can receive a set of arctic clothing(L), an arctic truck(L) and a chopper(L) upon completion of the Thing elimination.

NOTE: Interested parties, please look for me, and other advisers, Neil, Rick and Zume, in game if you wish to attend this event any time during the week. You can only be added to the mother ship guest list in game by the MS Owner.

FAQ:
    Q: Which profession should I pick? Hunter or Scientist?
    A: It doesn't matter since we will not be using mission given weapon/ammo. You will TT whatever you can from that choice. The outcome is the same for either profession.

Q: What skills do I need for this quest?
    A: The missions are designed for new players, so anyone can complete the series solo. But it will be a bit easier at the end when there is someone to help.

Q: The 5 to 10 PED cost, what is it for?
    A: Since we will not be using the mission given weapon/ammo, you will need to purchase a HUNT shotgun for 2 PED, and the rest on high grade ammo. Everything you purchased here can be TT back once you completed the series.

jc

• Like Like x 2
  2. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

+rep for initiative and creative writing coming your way.. :)

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

very nice initiative!

So where can i find the sweat groups? :)

4. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

sounds like a great way to cut of all these slimy, contorted and squirmy limbs of this beast.
    if i can make it to ark in time. count me in! i want my part of this alien for my mantelpiece.

hideo

5. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

I can be easily talked into a RT "THING" hunt....
    Too bad tracker will not show the globals, it has lessened the amount of players staying in that area, so the loots have been going down a bit.
    At the high point I was leading "THING" Soc hunts at Expert LZ-6. Our record was 17 globals in 1 day.... yeah it was a long day, heh.... but that place is kool, drops Infection Whips, and Flamethrowers... for the expert areas, 5b plates are mandatory, and Grunt/Jarhead armor helps alot with fapping.
    The lvl 7-10 mob area is good enough for farming, it will drop the lvl 12, 60 ped tt whips, and the lvl 15, 160 ped tt stealth flamethrowers.
    all depends on timing i guess...... also sign me up for for MS FL... i wouldnt mind some insanely long skilling trip 8)

6. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Chuck, and those interested ... try to meet up with me in game, and then I can work on getting you sign up to the mother ship guest list. In has to be done in person by the MS owner.

jc

7. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Sign me up as a Healer/Syncro/Hunter for one of the Swunt teams this week, guessing we will be sweating Hadraada's. All services free. Also buying 50PED worth, at 5PED/1000 bottles, of the hard earned sweat from these groups so the sweating will be worth the sweaters time, there is a buyer for at least 10K bottles worth.

Also sign me up on the Gaga.... Will Lady Gaga be performing in person during the trip :p

Sign me up also for the final two missions in Hunt the Thing. I'll help players hunt their first Things and help them get through the Escape form that treacherous cave :)

8. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Also FYI being you have publicly posted travel times and your intentions of how you will be doing space travel. Pirates will be there most likely to make our life harder if they think we may be transporting goods. So DO NOT CARRY STACKABLES IN MATERIALS OR RESOURCES SECTIONS OF YOUR INVENTORY unless you want to risk losing them, this is for both ways of travel.

PS: I'll buy Glamrocks gathered during the event, if I am around. Someday these RT blueprints will work again and I'll have the resources to use then :p

How will the fees to get to planet be handled? Who is supplying thrusters, and 2 PED cover for each entry while pooling people back and forth? I know summoning can be done from planet to reduce thruster cost if Skywalker is around but there still is a 2 PED cover per entry and thruster cost to take into account for shuttling to the planet.