1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important! Arkadia Forum Upgrade

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by Dylan | Arkadia, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Nadie

Nadie Member

On coming to the forums it looked like it had been hacked as nothing was showing. The same happened when I logged in there was just nothing until I clicked on New Posts and all the posts opened up. Might be worth checking.

Also, anyway to change the font? My eyes aren't liking it one bit :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yeah...let´s say sig´s are broken ...seems you dont wanna admit that the mighty Nusul sold them to the Gallards :wonder:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Ok, I'll mention that to Dylan in Skype. I'll look at the font now too

:p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nadie

Nadie Member

Hopefully the pics will help show the problem :)

This is what I see before and after logging in. I also get the same on revisiting the forums already logged in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sinxar

Sinxar New Member

I had that issue as well. I used the "Contact Us" link at at the bottom to tell somebody. No idea if they got my message but it appears to be fixed for me though (obviously since I am able to view and reply to this post).

Is there a way to edit my previous post to fix images?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lars | Arkadia

Lars | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

One aspect I realized when working with the new Adobe suite is that a dark theme tricks the brain to pay attention to the content instead of the things around it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nadie

Nadie Member

Ahh just had a thought. I had the forums bookmarked in my taskbar so I guess it was going to an incorrect url now the forums have changed which was causing the errors :shamefullyembarrased:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

OK so a bit of early feedback.
    I like the general look and feel of the forum. Reminds me of EP.
    It's a bit slow compared to the old site. Takes quite a while to find new posts, go to my profile etc. I'm guessing its a db access issue?
    We've lost the Arkadian local time that used to be on every page. I find that really handy when I am trying to tee up appointments with other players or plan for events. Would be good to get that back please.
    I don't really get the new pm system but I think that I just need to become more familiar with it.
    By default we get alerts for far too much. I don't think we need to get an alert each time credit goes up (Alert- you've just read a post!!!). I've gone to my profile and disabled a lot but perhaps the default setting could be a bit less.
    So I've lost my sig and I have no way of recovering that at all since it was only stored on your forum. Hopefully these are still around somewhere as its advertising my in game business.
    It feel's like we have lost some of our capability to navigate to most areas of the forum from the current page. That may just be a familiarity thing as there are several different types of menu.
    Spell check seems to be USA. This appears to be a browser setting rather than forum. (I'm using firefox). I found that you can install dictionaries for other languages (such as Aussie) and then you don't get American mis-spellings.
    How do I give rep and where to I see my rep power (as it gives me a thrill).
    Can we gratz achievements?
    Have a look at how EP runs likes, agrees, etc. It seems like a good model if it can be implemented.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Ugh, this text is really awful to read... I hate XenForo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

What a surprise ;)
    Looking good guys !

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tass

Tass New Member

Gz guys and welcome to the new age!

Frag Zone is a great forum style, quite state-of-the-art. pixelExit have nice bright styles too, good option now that you got their XenBase framework anyways.

Just don't like the Facebook block, what's the point of sending people to FB?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dylan | Arkadia

Dylan | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Well the since taming is back The Might Maintenance Nusul (TMMN) has been hard at work and needed lots of nutribars. But we are going to grow the forum bigger and better.

Thank you all for the kind words, the TMMN is resting now so , he will be back in a few hours again.

13. wournos

wournos Active Member

Possibly. I've noticed I strain my eyes more with white on black (or even black on white. Would be nice with lesser contrast. But that's just me. Or?

• Like Like x 1
  14. FEEL

FEEL Member

I miss the function to go to last post in a thread I usally browse the new posts and now I only find that u can go to the last page off a thread but not direcly to the last post.
    or am I not looking at the right place?

15. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

wow a different feel, really cool graet work guys

16. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Anyone else wondering why there is a horny mood icon? :)

All mood icons have transparency problems. But otherwise is good.

17. Snape

Yup there's bound to be teething problems guys. Alternative skins will become available soon enough once all the general stuff is nailed down and we'll introduce other things once everyone is happy that the base level functions are working the way we want.

Patience Younglings :yoda:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Dammit Snape, I don't remember anyone running this by me first! I don't do well with change! :wacky:

LOL J/K - the changes are pretty awesome, I like it. Good job and thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snape

on the far right of the thread list in any forum (or sub) you will see the name of the last person that posted in that thread. Directly under that is a timestamped link to the last post in that thread, by that person.

Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
  20. HaKuRa

HaKuRa Active Member

very good upgrade; keep the good work

• Like Like x 1