1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Fashion Stars - Mr. and Mrs. Arkadia 2012

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Max EJ, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zunami

Zunami Member

Yes the results i hope we see soon too :)

and, yeah, I hope your Husband judge Miss calypso ;)

2. Loren

Loren Member

As I won last year I don't see the point in taking part any further I have the title Miss Calypso 2012 thats enough for me :)
    Lets say Beech was on the judging panel I would NOT take part as I like to play fair not cheat my way to the top :)

3. Zunami

Zunami Member

i Never saw ANY show where i could say, someone cheat. :)

and even, i see no reason why its a cheat if you join, even beech is judging. As long he can judge fair, i see no reason why not.

And yes, i won some fashion events, true.
    But just because i did, means i cant join anymore? I mean -we have 2!! 2 .. fashion shows, in a YEAR.
    I like to create new looks, why i should not show what i can do?
    Its not like i can decide so many fashion shows i wanna join.

4. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

My problem with this competition. I asked several times over, on the day, who the judges were and got no reply. I have not seen an official announcement re. judges anywhere. Please llink me to this announcement, if it exists

I have no opinion re. Loren's accusations. Just saying I should not have to learn this info from Loren! I'm afraid that if does look bad, if the organisers are not willing to openly state who is judging! (nor even,retrospectively, who did judge it)

Btw, gratz to the winners!

Would also like to see pics! And full results (where are they?) Personally I think Bonnie's outfits (3rd place) were best. But we are bound to have our persinal favourite. It's a great pity if there is no record.

Ohh. Agreed that Brownie did an excellent job! (even if she missed my awesome evening gown and announced my invisible travelling shorts that i was still wearing under it instead! :D. Own fault for posting details too late)

This was my first ever fashion event! was a bag of nerves, Apologies for running down the catwalk in the first heat (had forgotten how to switch to walk :D)

jay :)

5. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

You all need to get over this already....the people who judged this have either chosen to keep quiet ( exactly for the reason of all you claiming plain old video gamer bullshit) or to speak their peace alrerady. Scoring for the competition was already posted. Sooo first off if there was anyone who was biased it would show by having one person wayyyyy ahead of another..Hrrm lets see..there was TIE.... pretty much says uhhh no bias...

Secondly the scoreing was looked at and verified by the people who run the planet and has been stated publicly that there appears to be no bias within the judging nor its structure.

Lastly... if anyone in this competition has the right to bitch its me. I walked out in a full matching outfit made by one of the best crafters of clothing and texturing in game with an ava that looks relistic because I put the effort into makeing her face look like a woman and not some square faced nordic male with goofy eye structure and scored the lowest in the competiton.

So drag the drama back to Caly where you can all comfort yourself in peace and stop the petty ass Im entitled to everything making the people who put an effort out with their own time to do something for the community feel like shit because yer all acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten people who cant understand normal thinking.

Get over yourselves already this looks like a script from toddlers in tiaras for cryin out loud.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Umm, I read back a few pages after reading this, and the only person I saw bitching was Loren. The rest were just nicely asking for vids, further info etc. Or arguing with Loren.

I can only suppose that your post was directed at me, cos i did say something critical re. judges not being named, and I can't imagine you're adressing Loren in the plural. You must have somebody else in mind So let's repeat what I just posted on PCF here:

And FYI: I don't think that I should have won it, unlike you. And I'm not tarring everybody else who posts in a thread with the same brush, and calling them names, unlike you.

I'd just like to see more transparancy is all. Just enough transparency so that rational people can gather for themselves that the bitching is really nothing more than sour grapes. You're not doing the organisers any favours by calling people drama queens and tellingf them to stfu when they try to offer a bit of constructive criticism lol.

On PCF they actually gave a cogent reason why the judges were not named. It's a pity this reason wasn't given at the outset, in an apologetic tone, before the mudslinging started.

Oh yeah, you just gave the same reason, but in a highly ugly fashion that insults those who want to know the reason. I sincerely hope that the organisers find better reprentatives that yourself next time, or else their credibility will be zero.

7. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

OK, gotta say, I just looked at the full results, and my heart went out to you when I saw your score. That was no understatement was it?

I think the problem here was that the things you put most effort into, eg ava realism, didn't feature in the judging criteria at all. Personally, when I saw you backstage, it looked to me like you'd made yourself into the antithesis of a fashion model, and I really admired your guts! and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I didn't think you were gonna come anywhere near winning , tbh (and didn't think much to your outfits, TBH) but I really appreciated your individualism. Hope this hasn't put you off from entering future events!

jay :)

8. Zunami

Zunami Member

I posted a few pics from the show already In gallery, Or On facebook.

But here My Sets : View attachment 4584

9. Cyborg Bill

Well to be honest. I joined the competition simply to support friends who put forth alot of effort to do this for the community as they support me all the time with my show on Normandieradio.

I did not expect to win nor even come close. I cant compete in a contest where it boils down to 2 simple things. 1st and foremost money. Fassion in game in not cheap in any sence of the word. 2 The ones who usually compete AND ususally win ARE the best crafters in game so to be realistic to even try to win against those two odds is like trying to kill Godzilla with a box of rubber bands. Anyone that thinks they can actually beat them and enter under such conditions needs to rethink that to be honest. These contests are held to be a fun thing to do in game and you all take this as a life or death attempt on your lives.

The whole point of my post was to get the same people that stir up the same drama at EVERY freaking thing that happens in this game to take their bullshit elsewhere as its not wanted here on Arkadia. Keep that crap on Caly where it originated.

I understand you are friends with other entrants and I wont fault you nor rip into you for the rest of your post as it was as it was unnecessary and the fakeness you protray only makes you seem all the more like you are STILL perpetuating the drama.

10. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Cyborg Bill,

I don't know which part you think is "fake" or "perpetuatuing drama"
    Maybe my afterthought after i saw that you got 20 Points less than next lowest contestant , and thought "Ouch . That must hurt"? which naturally put me in a conciliatory mood.
    I guess it has to be that. So OK, i accept that u r tough enough not to be hurt by thart and just bitching at me because you feel superior or something. Sorry for posting what i did. It was meant as an olive branch, and I actually meant everything i said , but if u don't believe that, you don't belibve it. had enough of THIS drama.

For the record: my concern about not naming judge has nothing to do with "being friends with other contestants". I don't even think the judging was unfair . I just think that a) they should have been named (as is normal for all competitions) and B) accepting there were reasons why not, those reasons hould have been given sooner, and without sniping at the people who asked.

The problem is that over-defensiveness makes it look like they have something to hide, so that will only make the wild accususations seem credible. And that rudeness and hostilty only makes matters worse. It's a bit of a miracle that I have been persuaded that the judging was fair in the face of all that

I doubt I will take part next year. Not only has the bitching put me off, but to be called a drama queen, sore loser etc by the orgainsers and their apologists when i reasonably question an anomaly in how it was handled , that';s the frosting on the freaking cake and makes it feel personal. After all this, I won't exactly feel welcome next time, will I?

11. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

12. Cyborg Bill

Ok so that entire post should not be looked at as perpetuating the drama....Maybe if that were true a PM would be in my inbox..But Ok.

BTW...
    dont EVER confuse anything I say as anything more then my own personal opionions. I dont EVER speak FOR anyone. I will stand up for something I believe in but you will never hear nor read me ever speaking on someone elses behalf. I am grown and have big shoulders. again to reiterate your dragging this on about what I wore duringthe contest that is (not) continueingthe drame I will again point you back to the earlier post BEFORE the competition even started that I did not expect to win. I even stated taht I only joined just so at that point in time zunami would at least have to walk down the runway and not just be handed her prize. I am smart enough to know that competeing against one of the best crafters in the game that not only has access to all the things needed to produce the best but also has a HUGE financial advantage. Again I will state I entered for fun and to support people who do the same for me in what I do. Unlike you whom this obviously effects in a very strong way as you continue to drone on in a not perpetuating the drama sort of way.

And in case you do not know it.. at this point I will tell you I AM baiting you just to see how long you will go on nighthawking me in the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

For the record:

The organisers of the competion originally intended to announce the judges names, but (despite strenuous efforts) could not find enough judges who were willing to have their names disclosed, so therefore had to compromise

From these (unconfimed) facts, I would probably deduce that they agree, in principle, that judges names should be disclosed and are regretful that it couldn't be done that way. However, they have NOT publically said so, so far as I can tell, and that is not the impression I get from their apologists.

Apologies if i got any of this this wrong, as I had to piece this together from info posted on PCF and here by staff of Normandie Radio, who were simultaneously flaming anybody who wanted to know. I have not managed to find any official announcement about it at all.

I would have MUCH preferrered to be told directly (as would most others, IMO) before anybody started making a drama of it, leaking names, accusing judges and contestants of foul play etc. but my requests for info were ignored.

I am currently assuming that NR and their personal opinions are as near to an official anouncement as we are going to get on this matter, and that the organisers broadly agree with those opinions. Apologies to Cyborg Bill : accepted , you don't actually intend to act as a spokesman, but the way things turned out, you inevitably got cast in this role by default.

To be absolutely clear: I am not accusing the organisers of anything worse than bad PR.

Now, I think that clarifues everything that needs to be clarified. Will go do somethig more interesting now :D

14. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Hmmm...I wonder how my touquise beak woulda fared?
    :D

Tippin'

15. Loren

Loren Member

I could spend all day in here.. but I won't!

Jaywalker,

(I don't know you, but they will asume I do) I'm sorry you did not get the information regarding the judges I have some info if you really need it?

Im really suprised noone questioned me further on my information about the loaned clothes?.. who was judging? etc.. (how would I know if noone else does)? I guess inside information is so top secret (popularity maybe) but to others is not available ? (weired, I guess its not what you know! but who you know)? Right??

16. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Huh? This issue was dicussed pretty thoroughly on your own thread on PCF. Freyr openly admitted that he loaned a pair of jeans to Magam, then people talked about whether that was an OK thing to do or not.

ummm, ty but my problem here was not exacty lack of info, as such. My problem is that info has not been not coming direct from the organisers, but second-hand, via a bunch of people who were simultaneously hurling accusations and insults about. You being one of those people.

That is not the ideal way to find out what's going on. So, thanks, but really don't want to compound that problem further.

17. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

18. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

This thread is going to be closed. Nothing is achieved by pointless fighting and flaming. All feedback on the events is being looked at and lessons learnt for next time. Other issues are being dealt with at the moment and when appropriate, comments will get posted.

Thankyou to all that have put in effort during the Anniversary events either as organisers or participants.

*Thread Closed*

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.