1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Anniversary TP Runs/Tours for Newcomers

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Lee DeLioncourt, May 6, 2012.

1. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Hi Alex, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your positive feedback very much and have attempted to understand your critical feedback as well. The latter is important to respond to so let me answer the agility and rule issues you mentioned first.

There was never any change in any of the rules I set out as the organizer, that I am aware of. The info has always been in the thread that the runs and especially the contests were aimed at the lower level newcomers, but others were welcome to join just for fun and to collect tps too if there was room on the runs, just not do the contests. It has also always been there that I preferred agility of 20 or less, but that number was flexible depending on the number of runners each week and the type of contest, and that is what I did through it all, review and be flexible every Sunday, and that seemed to have worked fine. Each weeks run and contest was a one time thing for that week, the series was never intended in any way for anyone to do every one of them and be able to progress in some way to the final one, whoever joined each week is whoever joined. So logically, some who came on the first run probably progressed in skills as a player by four weeks later, as you did.

So basically, I have decided every week on how high a level player I would allow to be in the end contests, and as far as I know even allowing for more than 20 agility at times everyone was still very much within the newcomer range. For that final week's contest and the official prizes, I had to make that decision again of course, and despite preferring very low level players to participate, the number of runners who joined who were 20 or less agility were also too few to even have a decent number of participants for the contest, so based on the agility scans, and communication with the Runner Team Leader and the ETA team, I set a cap for that night that I felt was actually very generous, to allow a decent number to be participants but not way too highly skilled. I am sorry that you were well over that cap, as were some others. I am actually very pleased that our first place winner was very much in the under 20 agility level, and our second place winner was not far over it.

It was all thought about, discussed and agreed, and as far as any of us knew, also communicated clearly to all runners before the run started. The efforts that those of us involved in organizing these events have made for good communication I can find no fault at all with. The runner team leader was in good communication with me and with the ETA team leader, and the cap on agility to be able to participate in the contest at the end was announced by him to his runner team before they ever left the Quarry. What you mention above was the last stop of the run and the WH to the event area for those who were going to participate. There was no offense intended in announcing that the run was now ended, and those who were going to be eligible for the contest would then be going on to that. This was also stated in all chat at that final tp stop. Cyrus was there as you said, to support us and help out at the contest, and I was also in good communication with him. If any runners missed this information from the very start I do apologize, but I think the team worked very well together to make sure that information was clear the best we could.

So again, thanks for your feedback, and apologies to anyone who didn't understand that we never did and never intended to have the end of run contests open to everyone or all levels of players. The rest of your feedback Alex is appreciated, but these runs/events are finished now, if anyone else ever wants to do a similiar thing in future maybe they can take something from what we did and from your feedback as well of course. Your suggestions regarding planning and communication with any AAs involved I'm sure Cyrus will note, but if there was any failure it is mine alone as the organizer, not the other Advisers who simply joined as guards alongside the ETA volunteers.

2. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Final Update to OP done :) Tonight we finished the Appreciation Parkour Course for our Guard Team on the final run. Thanks to all who attended and were brave enough to give it a go :) Oberon had devised a slightly more evil course for the guards of course, but it was a lot of fun, even the falling off to our death below lol. Just a few pics here, more to come in video.

The evil Parkour course, and Oberon on his wicked front porch watching over us all.

View attachment 4253 View attachment 4254

Our First Place Winner in her prize: Alice in Wonderland (thanks SFE for the armor donation!)

View attachment 4255

3. Stave Petty

Stave Petty Member

[video=youtube;i7yEB-wW1eY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7yEB-wW1eY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This was a end event of the tp run series entropia tour agency and arkadia advisers ran throughout may to celebrate one year of Planet Arkadia.

Music provided by Machinimasound.com