1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Anniversary TP Runs/Tours for Newcomers

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Lee DeLioncourt, May 6, 2012.

1. Raymond

Raymond New Member

I'm disappointed that I had to miss this one! But I hope it was as exciting as the one last Sunday on May 6th, that was something! Be it when my driver drove our car off the side of a huge cliff into water or the race we had in the ruins! I hope to be able to join you guys on this next run though. Also you forgot my witty and totally not lame science joke quotes too that I told along the way! Like:

"So an atom sees his friend atom, walks up to said friend, and says 'I think I've lost an electron'. The friend asks 'are you sure?' to which the atom replies 'I'm positive'"

But never the matter there are plenty more poetic ramblings and excessively funny/completely not lame science jokes to be told for another journey!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Wow, another week's TP run done and dusted, and it was awesome fun! We managed this week to make it a bit shorter than the several hours from the first 'test' week, and that made a difference (also used a couple of wormholes near the end to speed it up) :) We used our feet of course and we used every variety of vehicle type this week as well, land, sea, and air, and my personal favorite part of the trip was the ocean Armada (with air support lol). The whole journey was a hoot really, and once again we also managed to claim an Oratan Camp (they have learned to hide now when they see that people train coming ;)) ETA security teams ROCK, as well as our Advisers joining them!

We finished up with an Exploration Hover Pod Race along the road from an abandoned camp to Scoria Camp for the remaining tough runners who made it through the whole journey. The road was cleared by our Security team, but Scoria do tend to spawn on the road as they please anyway so it was a tricky one for the racers, well done everyone! We had a special runner as well, who had only been ingame for maybe 10-15 minutes at the New Player Experience when he was swooped up by one of our Advisers to join us, and I think it was wonderful that as confusing as it might have been (like what in the world have I gotten myself into!) he made it all the way to the end to participate in the pod race with a loaner! They all did so well that even though not winning first or second place in the race, just like last week, all runners at the end got a little something from the Arkadia Advisers for the effort/patience and persistance!

A big thank you once again to everyone who came along and helped out, big thanks to AA Teshik for leading the runners team this week, and thanks for the special visit near the end by AAs Isclay and Milena (Isclay was live on air at the time on Normandie Radio).

From posts above: No worries my dear Snape, the time zones are a killer, and if any of you in Australia/Singapore time zones manage to wake up (or stay awake lol) to attend one of the trips this month I think you would deserve a special medal for duty above and beyond :)

Also, welcome to the forum Raymond! I understand we may well see you along in a guard capacity one day, awesome that you loved the TP run concept so much, and it would be lovely to have you along again :cool:

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Glad to hear it all worked out! Sorry I couldn't be there as well. Lots to do yesterday. Hopefully I can help out with the next one!

4. Lee DeLioncourt

Original Post now updated with route information for this coming weekend. This Sunday we will be trekking across the desert, as usual using our feet, vehicles, and wormholes for some parts of the route. Dust off your hiking boots and spread the word please folks, hope to see a nice line of runners as we storm the desert and see the ruins of the ancient Arkadian towns and cities left behind from the Oratan invasion (quite a lot of them in the desert as well, they better start hiding now ;) ).

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Day Before Bumpage, hope to see you there tomorrow :)

6. Lokia

Lokia Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Day of bumpage :D have fun everyone (doubt i will be on for this)

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Week Three desert run is finished! Once again it was a lot of fun, except for possibly the hordes of evil Oratan who jealously guarded their territory, but still the guards managed to send a lot of them to their eternal rest :D This week's end of tour contest was a bit different, a one off scavenger hunt through the desert city ruins for the runners, who ALL made it all the way through to the end this week (earlier weeks went a bit longer and some had to log out before the ending). It was hopefully a rewarding time for all of them, as ETA and AAs had dropped a bit over 100ped worth of tt items in the ruins to be found, along with a carabok texture that was the ticket to the main prize.

Thanks again to everyone from ETA and AAs who came along and helped, and most of all thanks to our runners once again for making it such a pleasure, hope to see you all again as we head out on next week's route :)

8. Lee DeLioncourt

Updated OP with a bit more info on the official prizes, thanks A Team :)

9. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

on my way to Arkadia right now, and willing to help out for old time sake. I loved these in the beginning running all TP's. Vehicles make the life of a newbie boring !!

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

11. Lee DeLioncourt

Thanks for the pics Roni, was hoping someone might take some as I've usually got way too much going on during a run to concentrate and get some decent ones :D

OP now updated with the route for this weekend. We will be heading into the cold Arkadian arctic area this time, where some rather lovely but also rather fierce kitty cats and other creatures roam. Bring your warmest coat and hope to see lots of you there again for the fun. Spread the word!

12. Lee DeLioncourt

Bumpage for the penultimate TP run and contest. Hope to see plenty of runners and plenty of guards as we prepare to take on the snow country :) Happy Birthday Arkadia!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lee DeLioncourt

It's today! Anyone wanting to help as security see Stave, runners see me please, at the Quarry before start time of 19:00MA. Let's go play in the snow :)

14. Lee DeLioncourt

Run through snow country complete! Thanks again to all who came out (our biggest line of runners yet) and to all in the Guard team, well done all. The ending contest was another Exploration Hover Pod race through ruins, then a wormhole back to civilization. One more to go now, the finale on June 3, will be a bit different in various ways, and include official prizes for the contest/s, more details will be added to the OP nearer the date. Hope to see you there.

15. Lee DeLioncourt

Bump for Final Weeks Run and Contest for Official Prizes, OP updated now with details. We hope to make this run a bit shorter time than previous ones to allow more time for the surprise contest at the end. This one is not to miss, hope to see a full team of newcomer runners :)

16. Lee DeLioncourt

Today is the day for the finale, please help spread the word to newcomers to see us at the Quarry this evening if they want to join in :) Start time of run is 19:00 MA so come a bit before please for agility scans and being teamed. Also note that after the event run and contest are all finished later this evening, ETA will be available at the Quarry for wormholes to all tps needed on Arkadia throughout the night as demand requires, see Stave for info once event is finished and he is back there.

17. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Looking forward to your event Lee :)

18. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Thanks to all who participated in this recurring event, and thanks especially to Stave, of ETA, and ou own Lee DeLioncourt for organizing it.

19. Lee DeLioncourt

Well, it's late, and once again I'm tired and a bit slap happy I guess :D but I wanted to try to put up something about our final run and event tonight. It was FANTASTIC! I've updated the OP with our Runner winners info for tonight, but there is so much more to tell I'm not sure where to start!

Our extra special contest for this final event tonight was a hidden Parkour course (obstacle type course, credit to Stave for suggesting the idea during one of our many brainstorming and planning sessions) built for us by the Master Glitcher Oberon Nightseer (love you for saying yes to me Obie :) ), and I think it is safe to say it was a big success and enjoyed by all. Even our own Community Manager Cyrus wanted to have a run at it, but had to be patient and wait until the actual contestants had finished lol.

I really can't say thank you enough to everyone who has been involved in helping over the five weeks of these events. Stave and everyone who came along from ETA, obviously, we couldn't have done this without you, thank you all so much for all the efforts you put in for us, the AA's and Arkadia. Thank you to all the other AAs who came out to help us as guards, runner team leaders etc, you are special :) Massive great big thanks to Oberon, one of a kind, you made our final event one to remember.

Two notes before I forget it all with sleepiness. I had an idea for the final night, to offer a small fun mini 'event' inside our event as a token of appreciation to our guard team on this run. Oberon was happy to jump on board with the ideas and so designed a secret Parkour course just for those guards. I have a nice donation or two as prizes for them, same rules as for the runner team course. We meant to go and do that after the main event finished, but the evening got too late for many so we have postponed that until tomorrow evening. Once they have done that mini event I will post details and rewards etc here and on the OP.

Last but not least, we had two videographers at work tonight, so depending on how the videos turned out and the time they have free to edit and get it ready to post, hopefully we will soon see video of the run and the Parkour competition (and yes Cyrus while you were having a go I yelled to make sure the cameras were still rolling lol).

Our winners tonight, CapaDon, who kindly gave me first tour of his new apartment in Celeste Harbour, and boocky, who kindly gave us a look at his new outfit (maybe the owner of the first full set ingame?).

View attachment 4234

If I've forgotten anything important, I will try again after a good sleep :)

20. AlexSolo

AlexSolo Member

Hello,

the events where alot of fun filled with alot action to look at.

A large variety of different posibilities to travel have been introduced which is very suitable for new players so beside all the teleporter collection which makes me able now to travel almost to every place there was also side support of learning about these things.

The guards did a very good job on the guns and gave us the chance to see bigger loots to appear.

Every travel ended with a different fun event manageable and well designed to fit our level.

Sadly I hunted alot in the past 2 weeks which made my agility level too high to take part in the last event which appears for me as a possibility for improvement in the rules of the events.

The date of start I can suggest would give a good addition to a criteria for taking part as there are new players which drive avatar evolution on and for the ones who did that now during the event period it was like a small slap for that.

There it would have been nice if someone would have taken some more time to think about at the ground instead of telling us that the rules are the rules - kick from the team - wormhole open - end.

I made the experience that rules are to question if there could be a reason to give an assumption that the rules left something maybe unforseen out so far. It can be compared to the pod race situations.

There I whish from the adviser team more consequence to question what is going on, announce that you take time to talk inside the adviser team and come back then with a team decision in the intention in direction of the event. This makes it alot more easy cause you dont have to "judge" about single or several persons on your own.

Such situations can always appear out of the sudden but its not that someone has to handle this on his/her own. You are a team for that and the community manager was also on the ground.

Im sure you have the possibility to reflect together and coordinate that in the future. I believe you can do that.

Thanks,

Solo