1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Teshik, May 14, 2012.

1. lupulcelrau

lupulcelrau Member

yo guys :cool:
    the 1st prize was mine, but it was taken way by a few seconds, and for that i won't forgive u :cool:, u can keep ur titles for now next time will be mine, see u at the next race :)

the rules were clear stay on track, if ur not on track u get disqualified - i pm Rude who was the last observer on track before 1st heat and I asked him if i can cut the second curve on last 3 ones and he told me "just stay on track"

there war 2 things i didnt liked, the START isnt fair to everyone, I sugest that in game u can make some kind of barrier with force field if u like, and u put it on ground and nothing can pass, ppl can be in vehicles and push foward all the want nothing can pass, and after u desactivate it, the race is on :surrender:.
    and second the pod has some anoying thing, like at the start when Hoverpods are stacked waiting for start it jumpes around and u cant controul that in any direction

over all was competitive and fun, congratulation to winners, organisers and for all good luck

2. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

First of all..a big big THX to Teshik for organizing the race.....was cool man :hail:

second of all......everyone with a little bit common sense knows that it is kinda hard to organize a event ..not knowing how much people will show up, not knowing how the servers will work, not knowing how things go while it is running...but one thing we know always in advance when we organize a event..........there will be ALWAYS people who will complain and start to flame not important how good and hard we try to make clear rules...as everyone knows the game dont have mechanics to count a race (right now...hint hint to the A-Team) so everything we have to control ourself..as good as we can .....but still we are humans and not machines ....and also there will be always people who try to cheat .....human nature .....

but people be serious and stay honest...we all do our best to make it right all the time...we do it for free and for fun..to enjoy and entertain the community....Teshik put in alot of hours to work it out as good as possible to this time ...surely things have to change next time...but hey.......it was a event for free.....for fun....nobody could loose a thing ..but everyone had the chance to win .......

I won also.......a lot good friends i can work with .....

thx to all and have a nice peaceful day

Milena

• Like Like x 1
  3. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Great post. I hope all others can think like this. It was a great event and all just need to remember that we are out there to have fun.

By far this is the best track in EU!! GREAT JOB A-Team!!!!!!:D

4. vidi

vidi New Member

I guess this was the first time the new race track had a proper workout with an organised event. Neither the developers nor organisers could really be expected to identify all possible ways of short-cutting the tracks. We have some innovative players on our planet ;). I spent an hour or so timing the different splits and it didn't even occur to me that jumping a hairpin wall was possible. Hopefully the developers will raise the tunnel roof on the right-hand split and introduce a few strategically-placed rocks on the hairpin walls, or change their gradients.

I guess it all depends how you look at things - I had a great couple of hours there, and really no negatives (apart from wishing there was a gripe-filter on local chat and that I hadn't heard Boston's 'More Than A Feeling' mixed with something else - sacrilege! :D).

It cost just a few pec in oil to run the vehicle I'd been given for free.

I got to hang out with a bunch of ppl (usually I'm out mining with just the odd hadraada for company) and feel like part of a community.

I only managed 7th of 9 in my heat (I think!) but look, you can still have fun:

A flip near the start as we all jostled for space on the track dropped me from 2nd, and I somehow toggled off auto-run in my panic!

So, now in last place, I hit the incline to the three-way split, watching some peel off to the left as I trailed three others down my (timed-to-be-faster-than-the-left-track) choice of middle track.

The concertina effect as we reached the top of the slope on the other side meant I closed up on the pod in front, leading me to think not all hope was lost! Down to earth with a bump as the track levelled out... :D

Someone managed a spectacular barrel-roll in front of me, which I particularly enjoyed as I watched the end of it. In my rear-view mirror...

The blue triangles of the 'lefties' appeared on my radar as we sped along the track after the split to the bridge over the river (nobody took that slower route - blast...). Would we be in front of them? Hopes for that were dashed as they joined our track from over the wall ;)

Last hope: the bridge hidden behind the bush! Maybe those that didn't know about it before hadn't noticed everybody talking about it in local after the first heat. It was option 2 on my list for that last split - I'd rolled three out of the four times I'd tried it, but if it meant the chance of gaining a few places... Well, suffice to say anyone crazy enough to be out for a stroll on the main track at that point was in no danger of being ploughed down by a train of zooming hoverpods, as I watched everyone dive straight for the shrubbery and bridge beyond :/

On the final few turns I was racing frantically with the P7 pod, switching positions on each bend. As Cyrus and the finish line came into view, I was on the inside of the left turn, and snagged P7 by a mere Madana's whisker!

Anyway, I didn't even come close to winning, but had a blast, so big thanks to the organisers for arranging the event. Without things like this, a lot of us would be roaming the planet alone and never feel part of a community (especially as a lot of events requiring e.g. hunting skills are out of reach for some of us).

ATB,
    Vidi

5. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

thanks very much for this event :hail:
    and congratulation to the winners

it was great fun and thats what it was supposed to be, i know its a competition with prizes but the fun should be on top of the list for all.
    and thats what i did, i had fun racing.
    unfortunatly i did something wrong in the excitment of the race and caused alot of fuss:soangry:. sorry for that :surrender:

it is a racetrack with choices and i took the wrong one, i thought i can risk a backflip with my pod for a little advantage and won the bet. but if i had foreseen the arguing which followed,..no way i would have done it. sorry again! :surrender:

i talked with the player who was behind me about the shortcut and his point of view in this afterwards. to make it short, my place in final heat was transfered to him and he did win something. :eek: gz
    next time i will try to help out as a marshall beside the track and keep an eye out for players with a more creative approach to racedriving. :rolleyes:

anyways, it was a huge event with lots of players and organisers and it was a fun time there.
    cool, a day at the races. what will it be next time? a night at the opera? ;)

again thanks to Teshik, Milena, Isclay, Mel and all the others who helped making this possible and of course to Cyrus who was there too as official from A-Team.

regards,
    hideo

6. Menace

Menace Member

Oh I hadn't even started with the criticism re: the actual event.... I was purely talking of the unprofessional attitude of those responsible for the event. It's all good though....thier in-game comrades deleted my post fairly quickly to help protect thier fellow Arkadia Advisors......

Unprofessional, Arrogant, and mouthy...... That pretty much sums up the ones on the defensive here in this thread. Can't take an ounce of constructuve criticism without 3 or 4 of em' rearing up on the forums.

Race - Great idea
    Organization - No comment as my post will just be deleted
    End Result - Not too bad considering it was a first event.

Menace

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I suggest you look again. I was the one who deleted your post and it had nothing to do with being anyone's in game comrade, it had to do with breaking the rules, pure and simple.

I wasn't there for the event so I can easily be unbiased in my assessment of the post here. Actually, it was only a few hours before hand that I supported a post you made, so I would think that in itself would support the fact that I am an impartial party. Had you been less personal and more constructive, your post could have remained.

In fact, it is possible to edit your post and have it undeleted if you are so willing. Up to you entirely, but the option is there. Feel free to PM me and discuss it further if you like.

****************************************​

Just to put everyone on notice, regardless of who you are and whether I have spoken to you in world or in Skype previously or not, I will enforce the forum rules to the letter AND I will issue bans if I think they are warranted, so let this serve as a blanket warning to all parties.

8. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Hi Snape

we have always found you to be a fair moderator on the forum and never take sides on matters to do with in game issues. you take the issue look at it as a whole and if forum rules have been broken ..only then flex your muscle or swing the hammer.

i thankfully have never felt the flex of your muscle or hammer .. so please keep up your good work you do on the forum

9. Brown1e

Brown1e Member

From reading the posts on this topic it seems the majority of people enjoyed the event, yes there are improvements that can be made, but nothing is ever perfect! The organisers took time out of their own game play to set this up, marshall it etc because they want to give something back, something a bit different to the norm.. it was a brand new untested track, they are not professional event organisers and had to work within the constraints of the game itself, so overall I think they did a bloody good job!! Roll on the next event...and to those who complain I say this..... instead of complaining about what was wrong with the event why not get involved in the next one...all imput is good imput if done in a constructive way!

10. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Here are the unedited versions of the videos I took yesterday and I'm still working on getting the Youtube versions up and going: Enjoy!

Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix 1st Heat
    http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd/b/320259162
    Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix 2nd Heat
    http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd/b/320261704
    Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix 3st Heat
    http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd/b/320267662
    Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix Final Heat
    http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd/b/320269873
    Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix Disqualified Heat
    http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd/b/320270927

Again thank you A-Team for a great job!

Edit: anyone using Xsplit and/or used flv format please pm me..I on error record in flv format!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raito

Raito Member

shame no record of 4th heat what so ever only the finish, really wanted to see the start from another players perspective if it was indeed lag like some say.

12. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Here's a good image I forgot to post showing the winnners have the event with the Arkadia adviser with us having a great time at the end
    [​IMG]

13. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

I I posted videos yesterday on this thread, so you may want to look at them.

14. Raito

Raito Member

I did see your post. There was no heat 4 there so i went to your channel and looked at the whole recording of the event and when that 4th heat took place you were flying off somewhere else. The only time you see the racers from that heat is when you come flying to the start/finish at 1:40:10 and 5min-6mins before that you're looking at corners and arguing if people were cheating by taking or not taking allowed route.

i was a racer of that heat

15. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Was a fun event - and thx to organizer for doing it - and dont listen to all those that didnt was there for the fun of it.