1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Anniversary Hoverpod Grand Prix.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Teshik, May 14, 2012.

1. Teshik

Teshik Member

Saturday 2nd of June 20:00 MA Time

As part of the celebration of the anniversary of the launch of Planet Arkadia the Arkadia Advisers in association with Arkadia Studios present a Hoverpod Grand Prix.

Venue
    This event will take place on the New Racetrack which is was of the Arkadia PP content release on 29th May. The Track is located NW of Formidable Firebase Academy Teleport. The Track has split roads with different routes, some harder, some easier so tactics will come into play as to which route you take on the day.
    Larkin has posted a Video of the track and its different routes later in this thread. Thanks to him for that.

Rules
    The Race is open to all competitors with an "Exploration Hoverpod (L)" which is given as a reward in the new player mission chain. This is to ensure that anyone can take part from the newest player to the oldest.

If in the unfortunate situation where you have had your Hoverpod destroyed by mobs this will not necessarily mean you can't take part. I am willing to give driving rights to my pod to anyone this has happened to though please try to bring your own as I only have 1 pod.
    Anyone who is using a Hoverpod that is owned by another Avatar must Inform me before the race they are in starts or they will be disqualified.

A number of heats will take place with a final race for the qualifiers. The number of qualifiers from each heat will depend on the amount of contestants taking part.

All contestants must stay in the vehicle at all times during the race. No picking up of vehicles and teleporting or running across barriers ect. will be allowed. (This rule was made to stop people picking up their hoverpod and cutting across difficult sections of the track ect. After reviewing Larkins Video we will allow competitors to pick up their Pod in the Tunnel if it is flipped and upside down. In all other areas of the track the rule remains.)

Marshalls will be posted at various sections of the course to make sure that rules are followed.

Prizes
    1st Place = Hoverpod Mk3 (L) + A GOLD Trophy
    2nd Place = Hoverpod Mk2 (L) + A SILVER Trophy
    3rd place = Hoverpod Mk1 (L) + A BRONZE Trophy
    Fastest lap of the day will recieve an Apartment. Celeste South, Building 2, Level 4.
    All Prizes are donated by Arkadia Studios.

View attachment 4173
    These can be viewed in game at the Prize Apartment listed above.
    View attachment 4203
    Here is a better Quality pic of the trophy where you can see "Hoverpod Grand Prix 2012" written on the trophy plate under the Akadia logo.

There is no registration required in advance. Just turn up at the start of the event, although if you would like to take part please reply to this thread so I can get an idea of how many Heats we are going to need.
    Anyone who needs help getting to the teleport/race track either PM me here on the forum or contact me ingame using the player register. I am ingame most evenings 20:00 - 00:00 MA time

Results

1st place = Rilko Relax Borega
    2nd place = Monkey Man of science
    3rd place = Ree
    Fastest lap = Ree

• Like Like x 2
  2. JasonMac

JasonMac New Member

sounds like fun..

3. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

indeed.
    looking forward to this and i hope i can make it at this date and time.

start your engines...roooaarrwwwww :cool:

4. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Sounds fun! I'll try to make it out, but not sure how late training of mine goes that day :S

EDIT: I think I can make it if it's at 20:00 MA time (hopefully!)

5. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

it's gonna be awesome ...and anyone can enter with the new player pod ..wouldn't mind having a go at this myself but you could see the posts now if i managed to win .. so think i will just help tesh out as a Marshall..on the event ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raymond

Raymond New Member

Sounds like it will be a blast, count me in!

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Exactly the same reason why i won't be entering Mel. If i can, i'll pitch in and help with marshalling and maybe even filming if i can get fraps to work for me.

8. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

cool well i'll give it a try lol

9. Ruben

Ruben Member

nice thing i hope i will be able to take Part in the Fun

thanx for Doing it ;)

may the best one win
    Ruben

10. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Ill try to be around too

11. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

too bad the time is too late for me to join, but good luck to all the participators, hope you guys can have a great racing game :)

12. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Will be around to watch and help if I can, well done Tesh :)

13. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

Sounds like an awesome event!! I can't wait to check that out you guys..Zoooom!!!!! :D

14. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I may or may not race Teshi but I will for sure try to be there and support you. I do still have my mission pod since I was given an MK1 shorly after the first bp dropped. Id be willing to loan mine out if I decide not to drive.

In any case this sounds like mad fun for all so GL with getting a great turn out for this for the anniversary celebration.

15. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

16. Menace

Menace Member

I think this guy should be hired to say a pre-race prayer as they do at the NASCAR races....

[video=youtube;J74y88YuSJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74y88YuSJ8[/video]

Menace

17. Chaotican

Chaotican New Member

Count me in! sounds like fun!

18. Szalu

Szalu Member

I will try to get there on time, count me in.

19. Ben Coyote

Ben Coyote Member

The Race track: A racer's first look at the New Race Track.

Alright since i'm a racing fan, and a bit of an avid sports car driver, I decided to find the track first.. after all this sounds like fun right?

Well for starters the start line has a tree and a rock on it.. not really the best sign of a starting line.. but still it can be fun..
    then there are the oros near the start line. a little bit of an irritation, but if the spawn are turned off you could in theory have a fun run..

The corners are challenging, but not too tough.. the double rock chicane after the first bridge isn't too bad, and it is easily navigable with a hover pod. The elevation changes are good too., but the trouble or fun begins when the track splits into three branches.

The left branch is fairly navigable, but you do have to keep a close watch on any compeition..

The middle road is more elevation changes and again keeping an eye on the road as you have to have finesse to lose or make up precious seconds..

The third choice is the toughest of the three and is on the far right of the course where the track takes a sarp right, and heads you straight for a small but long tunnel.. save a few seconds right? wrong.. Don't even go there unless you got a exploration hover pode that is small enough to fit into the tunnel..

And if you are lucky to get through the tunnel without flipping, then, you got a oratan slasher at the other end who will try and turn your hoverpod into chopped car parts..Sure you lose 8 pec of damage on you hoverpod, but at least I know I won't be doing down the far right road till the tunnel is ironed out, and the mobs are moved.

But once you get back to where the three roads re-merge together the rest of the course is fairly easy but it will take the ability to travel through the corners while maintaining speed to keep a clean line back to the start finish line..

other than that, the curves and elevation changes are fun, and if you run off (or fall off) the road at the most challenging points, then it's fairly easy to get back on track.. but it can cost you a few seconds in time.

Over all if you don't take the road with the small tunnel on the far right (at least until it is fixed and the oratans are removed, you should have an enjoyable race .

but have fun.. cause I'll try but I'm definitely not going into the small tunnel unless i have a guide dog.. and a bazooka..
    on me.. I'll stick to the fun and less challenging elevation changes and skip the small tunnel, and skip the flipping and the oratan at the other end.

Benjamin Ben Coyote
    a.k.a. "The blind sniper"

20. lupulcelrau

lupulcelrau Member

The 1st prize is mine :cool: