1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Account Security - Gold Card - Please Keep Your Account Secure

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by SallyBridges, Jan 7, 2015.

1. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

I have been visiting another Entropia Universe Forum site and there appears to be several players accounts that appear to have been compromised and items from the avatars then going in to the Trade Terminal.

Please Remember that you might be eligiable for a FREE gold card. This gives added securitry to your count via a random 6 digit number generator.

Even if you dont yet have the required Ped's deposited you might want to think about getting a gold card for protecting your account, I origenaly purchased mine when I realised how much value my Avatar had this can be displayed on the Entropia-universe site and my items then add on your skills and you will then see that the value of this is well worth the cost of a Gold Card.

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/free-gold-card-offer/

What is the Gold Card Offer?

We care about the security of our participants. Therefore, to help you protect your Entropia Universe account, we have developed the Gold Card Security System. When you deposit over 5000 PED for the first time, and if you do not already own a Gold Card, you will be entitled to a one time only free Gold Card Kit offer that adds an extra security layer to your Entropia Universe account.

The free Gold Card Kit contains one Gold Card and one Gold Card Reader.

Other Details Are available

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/?__noframe=1

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Sebasrb

Sebasrb Member

I just got mine today! Ordered on December 22, received on January 7.

• Gratz! Gratz! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. May

May Active Member

Absolutely agree!
    And if you don't have a Gold Card (yet), it can't hurt to change your password.
    Also, don't use the same username/password from EU for any other site/tool/app. :stats:
    And especially: don't use sites that offer to buy/sell Peds outside the game.
    If looks too good to be true, it will most likely end up costing you an arm and a leg.
    Or worse... your account. [​IMG]

4. TechKen

TechKen Active Member

When they first introduced them, I was qualified for the free offer instantly due to my previous deposit level. I FINALLY ordered mine and got it, NOW I just need to activate the darn thing. lol

5. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

And then enjoy never being able to log in again!!

6. TechKen

TechKen Active Member

Yeah, there are both good and bad points to that portion, grizgal... but most of my friends that have the gold card have never had that much trouble with it, and say only good things for the security protection of their accounts. :) so it's a matter of which is more important, Keeping safe, or being able to log in EVERY time I get a wild hair to play.

7. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

I agree. I have one and still use it despite the issues. I am not convined that the issue with logging in is related to Gold cards, but when you have to log in 5 or 6 times, it does make the whole process more annoying.

Having said that, I ama way with work this week and left my card at home, so i am really annoyed as I obviously cant play.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  8. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

It would be offtopic here, so just read my last post here, please — Can't login / Login issues
    In two words — login issues related to Arkadia Planet itself and not to Gold Card.

9. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Another suggestion is not to have your login / user name as any part of your avatar name.

Other than the time where the gold card server went down or a dirty contacts on the chip I've never had an issue.

10. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

I got my GoldCard many years ago after one of my earliest desposists. Apart from reading errors I never had any problems with it.

Consider this: your avatar is easily worth the GoldCard many times over, so why don't you get that great security improvement?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. wournos

wournos Active Member

Is depositing the only way to get this card and reader? I read a thread on Caly forum (can't find it now) where I think it said it could be bought with PED from the PED card. Is this true?
    I did find an old thread (2008) that said the card could be bought through the TT, but I assume that has been changed since there's nothing in there (not on Ark anyway).

Edit: found thread. Click.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  12. slither

slither Active Member

forget it, first post has the info :)

13. wournos

wournos Active Member

It didn't but thanks for participating. It wasn't until getting to the order page that it said 200 PED for the card and reader, 100 for the reader only, and an additional 150 PED for safer & faster shipment. I take it they want people to deposit the 5k and not use existing funds. :cautious:
    I normally want this kind of info before going through the order. But the order has been placed. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

You could indeed buy it from the trade terminals at one point, but that was long before the switch to CryEngine, and may have even been back when it was still Project Entropia.

15. slither

slither Active Member

It does have the info which is why I edited my post.

16. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

A gold card is the best security you can get for the game, I got one too. Reading the forums where two or three people have already reported to be hacked, makes me happy I got one.

For every new player reading this topic, if you don't want to buy one and can't get one for free, make sure you change your password very often. There are a lot of rumors of how and where these people got account information, and there is a high certainty that the hackers know very little about the game. Be aware, and never-ever-ever-ever buy ped/gold/services from websites. Only trust the official EU websites and forums. (and some really really close friends in game)

For the very very very new players, listen to your mentor. Your mentor knows a lot about the game and should/is able to help you where ever they can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

"Be aware, and never-ever-ever-ever buy ped/gold/services from websites. Only trust the official EU websites and forums. (and some really really close friends in game)"

This is an excellent point for any newcomers. Unlike games like WOW where obtaining massive amounts of gold and selling it can be done by simply grinding for hours, PED can only be obtained (legally) from MindArk. The only reason somebody would be selling it at a discount is that it was stolen from somebody elses account.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Depositing $50 or over to qualify for a free gold card was added a few years after I started. The other prices partly date from when we had to pay for it and for those with the patience to do it with out depositing. I bought mine from the TT and as mine is still working I've not noticed it being removed from the tt, I wonder if they did this to stop people buying multiple gc's or to allow charging for the quicker delivery ;)

But there has been one or two cases where family members got hold of the gold card and then sold the players stuff, boyfriend of the daughter of a player who let her play on their account being the case I remember most. Not a lot we can do about those cases other to tell people not to share accounts.

Changing passwords should be made more obvious, last time I did it required using the reactivate account option. It should either be in the loader or in game after checking the gold card again ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  19. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

I guess you mistyped here, since it was 500 USD before.

20. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Pretty sure that Spike Black didn't made a typo and that it was 500 PED before.
    [EDIT] ... wait, he's talking about the amount desposit to qualify for a Gold Card, not the cost of the Gold Card itself ... I don't know about that. [/EDIT]