1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ark instance Key 1 - results

Discussion in 'Instances' started by Lucky_A, Aug 28, 2012.

1. siremi

siremi Member

Has anyone tried to do an instance while solo in team?

I did manage to get in the instance 1, but couldn't finish it because of lag / disconnect. Will try later on.

2. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

no that is not what i'm saying dont put stupid words into my mouth. My point is nobody has said what the Arkoins are really worth as in what you can buy with them. I assume the items you buy with them are not worth the simple TT value of them.

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hmm, just did a quick run through on my first ever instance. It was pretty fast run and had to turn my graphics down to low with some safe mode setting or else I jumped around a lot.

I think later tonight I will do a solo run and use medium graphics setting to look at all the detail they put into the instances. Some of the rooms and mobs looked pretty cool even on crappy graphics settings so want to take a closer look on a higher setting.

I may have to break down and upgrade my poor computer soon, it just doesn't have the umf to handle some of the new EU things being added it seems. Maybe I can win one of those new laptops :D

But all in all lvl 1 instance was pretty cool I thought, not sure on my return as I just did this first one without caring :D I just wanted to see what one looked like.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I did level 3 solo today. Much more relaxed than when the team is charging thru at top speed. Weapons used: SI scorpion, cap-101+A101, ASI-10 D, cap-303 J+A104, Ark-30 D. I found that a lot of the ubos and defenders can be sniped easily with the Ark-30D, so if you're careful not to get mobbed, you don't really need too much armor. Ubos are probably the most dangerous mob in there... Get 10 on you at once and it's a lot of damage. Mama boss can be killed before it even touches you, Papa boss is super slow and doesn't do too much damage when he finally reaches you (in spite of the dangerous looking sword animations).

I'll lug the eraktor in next time to see if it works on the snakes, as they are a pain to kill (tho not too bad when using auto target).

Could be the BEST update ever!

5. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Haha I hate the snakes :D Try auto use on thoose for some added dizzyiness when they are moving towards you :D.
    OT

Key 24 ped
    Ammo 70 ped
    Decay 3,30
    TT Return 83,3 ped
    Total -14,3 ped
    Using TT rifle backed up with breer p5 a104 vs bosses
    Sold arkoins for 20 ped or so ending on a 4 ped profit.

Al in al this depends on the MU and aslong as that stays high we are al good. I think ateam knows this hence the 300k comp untill we get new items for arkoins

6. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

The snake is super annoying, I hope theycan either being remmove or modified. It is supper hard to aim them when 2 or above coming to you and dead body on the ground make it even worse.

7. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Ok, as some newer players asked about this I'll briefly describe what a Key 1 Ark instance means ...

You can do it solo. Just start a team with no members and go in - u can't loot any of the creatures u kill anyways so makes no difference if u're alone in team or invite a friend that does not enter with u.

Unless u're really very low skills I don't see the need for a team to complete. The mobs u'll encounter inside will be mostly snakes (10 HP), grasshopers (20 HP) and few Obos (60 HP), plus 2 big mobs ... a kind of Obo Queen (~500HP) half-way through and the boss mob at the end (~1k HP), both doable with Opalo (imho) if u have the patience for that :p

All in all going through such an instance and killing each and every mob u'll encounter will take u ~25 mins (that's counting 1 kill shots except boss mobs). 174 mobs to kill in total summing up to 9866 HP (Not 100% sure on these figures as 1st time I did it I recall going over 10K HP dmg, but just did 2 key 1 runs now and both yielded same numbers :confused: )

After killing the big boss mob u'll get 90 sec to open 2 chests conveniently located just next room to where u slained the boss - one at gound floor and a bigger one upstairs. Loot ? Ain't gonna comment ... depends on ur luck I guess :D

The maze is a 1 way street. There are 2 points where u can take another route than the obvious one but don't - will simply get u back to some previous point accross the path.

All in all quite an interesting experience for new players - graphics are really nice, mobs r nice too. Expenses depend on the weap u use - roughly I'd say 50 PED max for ammo + key cost. Have fun :p

8. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have to say I have been sitting here reading this thread and laughing myself silly.

What I find so funny is all the super hunters are having trouble with snakes and aiming and the miner (thats me) had ZERO problems with them after a 30 second look at how they behave. Ill pass on to David what I know and maybe they will decide to change it. Its not broken or bugged by any means.

As for the other problems you are talking about I see several factors at play. 1st.. it was the first time they were active and a bajillion people were there either just hangin out or were actually doing them. This is MA platform and we already KNOW the servers are weak for anything with mor ethen 50 people in the same areas so there was alot of lag even with my system. 2.nd The gfx in these are more intensive now because there is now a ceiling that has to be drawn added to the video processing so weaker machines will feel the pain.
    3rd It sounds to me like playing styles are comming into the picture now as well. My guess is a good percentage of you went into zerg mode like you were playing an FPS on xbox live. With all the lag you were literally out running your computers capability to draw the mobs as you ran thru. This more then likely caused alot of missing and added ammo costs.

I went thru level one with 2 other players with just opalo's or tt pistols. It cost me 10 ped in ammo and I had to fap myself 2 times and another team mate once. Most times the snakes never got the chance to stand up and only took 2 maybe 3 shoots at most to kill. You guys are using ranged weapons stop playing like they are swords and running up to stick your gun barrels up their noses. We went thru at a nice stable pace, didnt get lost or turned around, and had an hour and a half left on the timer after we dropped the boss mob.

I will say that the passage ways are extremely tight. I dont mind it that much with a few people but for larger teams that surely will be a huge issue for troop movement. We have already let David know about that last night and I will talk to him today about the deal with the snakes.

SLOW down and enjoy these.... if you try to zerg farm them you will only add to your frustration and cost IMO.

As far as loot we were not the lucky ones to get armor or even arkoins in ours so you can say thank you to Bills law for taking yet another one for the team and getting the REALLY low loot one outta the way for you all. We covered ammo I am nearly sure but not the key cost so that may need looking at for where the low side is set for these in that regard.

Anyway give these time to spread people out so there is not so much going on lag wise. Specially with the keys disappearing from all that and slow down when yer in there a little and enjoy em.

9. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Another 2 runs today on lv1 I figured I wanted to c some results for killing al vs killing small and basicly it looked something in the line of.
    Note that mobs total is score not sure if its mob killed
    1st key killing 33 mobs total
    Loot 21 ped 3,8 ped arkoin

2nd key killing 174 mobs total
    Loot 28 ped 3,1 ped arkoin

Would be cool to c some more total loot for full clears and just boss kills.

Results are acctualy alot closer then I would have thought considering the amount of time spent. Both runs were loss runs I would say but the first one was acctualy a lower loss which is kinda intresting al in al :)).

Btw I would like this confirmed is lv 1 two chests lv2 three chests and so on?

10. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Can only say lvl 3 is 4 chests, so it seems to work that way

11. RexDameon

Could ppl like me who have not done them yet get a little more info on the mobs and actual costs. 174 mobs seems like a lot of ped to kill unless 100 of those are like carabok sized hp. Also what about regen and do you get swarmed. I'm kinda paranoid and like to be prepaired as much as possible.

12. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

3 types of mobs really not boss included
    1. Obo lv 6 bout 60 hp
    2. Snakes bout 15 hp
    3. buggs bout 15 hp

Snakes and buggs dies 2 shots TT gun.
    Snakes aggro kinda high but no dam to worry bout
    Buggs semi aggro nothing to worry bout
    Obo not aggro at al basicly range them and they can basicly be killed before they reach ya
    Regen is basicly nada.
    This is lv 1 thou

Lv 3 adds clay looking soldiers not sure on HP on thoose but abit higher.

13. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

So late last evening I went back and cranked up the graphics and walked through the entire instance to check out the graphics.

Extrememly nice and detailed, I think I'll be doing most of my instances walking and on medium or high depending if I team or not. Graphics and walking is worth the time over rushing and shooting to get to the end.

The only part I really lagged on when walking and on high graphics setting while playing solo was when traversing that center room area with all the balcony's and bridges. I will try to take down particle effects a notch or two as I think that may be the issue seems to be fog or water particles in there or something.

Not sure how many people recognized this but when in the water in those aquaducts it pushes your avatar along by itself, I've never seen that effect before in EU but they should introduce that effect into the river system on the planet.

I've broke about even I'd say on the two runs I did, I never calc'ed to the pec but did rough estimates. So breaking even isn't so bad with slight chance of an item drop, or well maybe better for others but my avatar luck is horrible so.

Ubo and that mid level Ubo Queen boss are my two favorite mobs in there, followed by the grasshopper things. The statue at the end is kind of boring IMO but oh well. And them snakes I don't like, seems best way for me to target them is zoomed in with a scope using a rifle at range before they stand up or start to slither.

Well that's my small review of instances. If new players want to check out what an instance is like, for free, please feel free to show up next week to work for me. I am hiring new-mid level hunters all week long and doing a lvl 1 instance every day and anyone is invited to join me.

14. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Yes level 1-3 can be done solo with an opalo. If you dont mind using the time to kill end boss with that kindda gun

15. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

And uber evade helps too, I'm sure. :) All I can say is I would not want to do level 3 armed with only TT weapons.

About the snakes... I find them annoying, but I love them. I hope they don't change, since the mobs have relatively low attack damage, we need something that's a challenge, even if it's just an aiming challenge. Their hitboxes might need to be adjusted... sometimes it was very hard to find it, but I don't mind the slither mode that moves the hitbox from side to side. I mean... I do mind it, but I think it's good to have in there... if you know what I mean :)

16. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I did 2 instances today. loot was 109.19% on the first and 92.72% of costs. Better then expected, so i guess the next ones will be worse.

Really loved the instances, at times i was thinking "i'm running this long i must be heading in the wrong way" but each time i then stumble on a new room i never saw before, really awesome!

17. RexDameon

Sounds like i'd like my electick strike chip for snakes will kill like 5 of them at once. then maybe finish up with flame thrower.

18. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Hmm flamethrower for snakes sounds kinda fun havent considerd that one yet :). Thx for the tip would be cool to c thoose snakes burn :p

19. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

1. Snakes - easy if you keep your distance and aim above their heads. Same for the hoppy bugs. 2. Mobs very unagro. As long as you dont rush into a room you are fine. 3. Consider trying area effect weapons like a grenade launcher, especially in the rooms where you stand above the mobs. 4 Wow super laggy, especially when there are lots of mobs. I had to turn my settings way down.

20. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

How's everyone's result? I did something like 20 instances mostly level 2. I only profit one run, rest of them are -10~-40 loss. Kind of frustrating really :surrender: