1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Apartment directories / place to hang a "Shingle"

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

Heya,

I have noticed a few players running shops out of their apartments. I decided to try, and have some of my overflow on a few shopkeepers. One problem is nobody can find it. I have the luxury of having one of the easiest apartments to find <or so I thought> Harbor north, building 9, apt 5, right on the edge, first door next to the terminals. The problem is the door... there is nothing marking it, and unless you know what your looking for, its hard to find. I have given directions many times, and still have a hard time with players finding the trail of bread crumbs.
    If there was a small spot for a sign / shingle, or a list of occupants, and something marking the door, saying building 9 apartments, that would be a HUGE help.

Thanks,
    Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

2. gobi

gobi Member

you could ask the shopkeeper to put one up for you, you never know!

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

For apartment owners above CN1 and CN5 I can arrange some signage but talk to me soon so I can allow for it in the shopfront redesign

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I would really like this. At minimum a visible building number above or beside the door, the best would be a list of occupants with customizable titles set directly thru your own estate terminal. You could even give the option to hide the info for your apartment if you wish. Or even better, a special ingame map showing the buildings and the different shops/apartment descriptions in a big list, similar to what we have for POI in the ingame map now. Hovering the mouse over a building would show you the list of what's inside each building. And of course, you would have a "you are here" marker and the ability to set a waypoint to the building you want. I think something like this would really improve the value of apartments and game play.

Right now the best you can do is give exact coordinates for the door along with providing your own map.