1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Reasons My Account Could Be Locked?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by swaith, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swaith

swaith Member

just bought 200 ped (and got 193 >.>) wanted to know if there is any particular reason either a system crash would get me locked
    owning two accounts would get me locked (with permission)
    or any other conceivable reason i would be locked within 5 mins of buying the creds

because im a bit suspicious (while alright i did crash but jesus would that cause a lockout?>) that within 5 mins of buying creds and grabbing two items from the game (crashing) and then a relog would lock me?

maybe it was for safety incase i was hacked or something? or maybe because i lost connection?

could it be i was running two other games alongside it on steam one with a pretty invasive anti cheat program? (punkbuster)

acctually mabye that would do it if it scanned the process maybe? idk

anyone had a similar problem?

2. red

red Member

weird things can happen after a crash.

contact your card provider and ask them to provide a transaction ID, if one exists. if it went through, include that in a support case and politely request clarification.

3. swaith

swaith Member

it definately went thru i saw the credits in game and bought two items with them everythings fine then i split a stack, but before it splits it crashed me, i pressed a few buttons and nothing comes up so i just force restarted and now im locked =/

4. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Do you got an email with says that you are locked ? If not try logging in on the website , make a support case and ask

5. swaith

swaith Member

no email thus far and i already made a support case, being thats its almost 3 days since i posted about lack of access i doubt a locked account will earn a faster repsonse :D

6. Rockchick

Rockchick Member

Where did you get your peds/credits from?

7. safara

safara New Member

And how have you got permission to have 2 accounts?

8. swaith

swaith Member

from the main site, and i got permission from high enough im safe with it, and also high enough im afraid short of them putting their name here i dont want to blab it out to everyone who asks so they dont get spammed :d no offence, its just a specific reason i got permission and the other account is to be deleted so thats why,

9. safara

safara New Member

OK, so you got MindArk to delete your first account leaving you free to create another.

Why would you be afraid of saying that you had permission from MindArk to create another account after deleting your first account? They get "spammed" all the time with support cases :)

You have alluded to buying Ped's from sources other than the official channels in previous posts of yours. Did you buy peds outside of the official channels?

You seem to have pushed many boundaries in your short time here, and something you have done has tripped a lock.

10. swaith

swaith Member

i dont recall saying mindark at any point, neither account is as of yet deleted, and i did not spam anyone, as for asking about buying from other locations after a quick google and replys from other members i went thru the various ways to make a payment thru the official means and settled on a card payment.

precisely what boundaries have i pushed? i made a second account after requesting the first one closed and after 2 days of no repsponse and with support of somone in authority made a second account regardless of the first one being closed. i then logged in, did the tutorial and bought through the correct channels 200 PED the current card maximum and bought a medium rifle and ammo before after splitting one stack of 10k ammo getting a system bluescreen my end, rebooting and finiding a locked account message please contact support :D

up to and including the above iv done diddly squat =/ now im stuck with a charge for PED i cant use, 2 accounts i cant play with and the attractive possiblity of spending the next 2-3 days waiting for a response as to why my account i just paid for cannot log into game. it doesnt look good

im tempted to just draw a line under the whole unpleasant experience and go back to EVE online or minecraft.

11. safara

safara New Member

OK, so your first account has not been deleted by MindArk, so you are playing with 2 accounts.

This could probably be the cause for your lock.

Not sure who the "someone in a position of authority" is that you refer to, but if it is not MindArk then they have no authority to request you make a new account, after authorising and actioning the deleting your first account.

Best thing for you to do is follow the official support channels to resolve your issue.

And once resolved, have fun in the game :)

12. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

I understand your frustration... must be a PAIN to start a game like this.

Go to entropiauniverse.com . Log in with your old account settings. Look for your old tiecket. Ask if your account will get deleted or not.

Log out.

Log in with your new account. If it works: all is fine, never talk about a second acount again.

But:
    Is it possible that you met someone in game who said he is an offical? You will never meet anyone in game or in chat from support directly! If you meet an offical, he always tells you to go to the website for support. ALWAYS.

I am afraid you gave your account details to a skammer. Can you explain who that "authority" was without giving names?

13. swaith

swaith Member

i didnt give any information out whatso ever, they did nothing for me other then say should the need arrise they would support the creation of a second account, i have had no response on either petition and there is no reason to believe either of my accounts are compromised

i use a 22-76 length password using joint phone numbers at random from a phone book intermiexed with a random word from the dictionary and keep those records on an ironkey. i develop java code for a couple of games so my console is very secure. as for my personal actions nothing i have done violates the EULA except the creation of a second account to access the game as instructed by an unmentionable party.

plus both accounts have active support posts regarding the second account so i would think admins would at the very least check those first.

stil no response on either and im still locked out =/

14. Smoerble

Ok, so:
    You could log in with BOTH accounts just a few minutes ago on entropiaforum.com, correct?
    If yes, you are all fine.

Please clearify:

1) what did you mean in your posts talkign about "authorities", this is IMPORTANT: who (don't need any names) did you contact and how and where and when???? Without this you just make all confusing!

2) Did you get the acitvation accounts with the links for both accounts too? How you say you are locked out, what is working and what not?

3) Can you resend the password from the login screen in the client? What happens if you do?

15. swaith

swaith Member

it lets me login fine, they contacted me about it and i believe their support would be valid, one account (the one that cant connect to arkadia and has no money funnily enough) can still login fine but cant get to arkadia,

its something my computer did while i bluescreened i think, looking at my full system logs im seeing two treads hooking into a process i dont recognise which i can only assume is entropia client but i cant tell as it wouldnt be the same now as it was then which is irritating

its the only thing myside i can see that would cause a lockdown

16. Smoerble

Sory, I can't help because you don't give the information we asked for.

"i believe their support would be valid" => ???

One account can still login... where? website or game? What about the other? What is the message when you log in in website and game?

17. swaith

swaith Member

ok let me spell it out easier, i can log into both game and website with both. i however cannot access the game with the account with the cash on it because the message that comes up is this account is locked please contact support.

support cant help me until they read the ticked and neither of my tickets, recent or past have been so much as browsed over :D

so i am stuck and rapidly losing patience, 3 days is rediculous. its now my birthday and i cant play still :D and now im down some money so please excuse me for not wanting to repeat myself over and over

"i believe their support would be valid" => ??? = i believe the person whom is offering support would be a good person to have, IE: valid support as they are somone i trust to have adequate lee-way to get the message across as to why i created two accounts and that it was relatively justified.

either way its all irrelevnat, no response, numerous days, iv already lost money on it. seems like a wash out game to me now.

----edit-----

after posting up on alternative forums this situation somone sent me this funny demotivational

[​IMG]

and then i cried when i realised that in fact their isnt phone support so im at the mercy of email :D

still at least its faster then the postal service

18. Smoerble

3 days when you can't access your money is rediculus. You should send a mail directly to MA, just stating you depositted money and can't access your account now. Support is not answering the ticket. They MIGHT tell support to work on this.

I feel sorry for you but I totally understand your frustration...

19. swaith

swaith Member

yeah sorry if i come off agressive im just frustrated, i feel cheated on it but i can appreciate why its happened i guess it was probobly for my own safety i just wish it would let me play my character :D dare i make ANOTHER character and spend some more money on more PEDS and just sell the other ones back to the machine when i get access >< idk

20. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Why not ask the person you've got backing you up? If they are in a position of authority as you have alluded, then surely they can help sort this out? Sounds to me like support has read your first ticket and then locked the wrong account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.