1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another meetup with David|Arkadia (in Singapore)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by the-unknown, Nov 18, 2013.

1. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I met up with David|Arkadia together with another newbie casual player (Hey Kaypoh!) in Singapore for a few drinks and dinner yesterday. Considering how hectic it must have been earlier in the morning, was a pleasant surprise to have a few hours of his time in the evening. Was hoping to get more local players to join in, but others I contacted did not respond or they were not inclined to meetup.

As with the previous meet, we discussed Entropia Universe and various other things.

The recent IFN ALERT - THREAT CONDITION: RED (Oratan) event was a learning experience for them and David was very pleased with the response. Although there were some initial server issues, that was something that they do not have total control over. Next time they organize similar events, they will have a better idea on what to expect and be better able to prepare for it. Since the event was during an inconvenient local time for us, he had to get up at 6am (Sunday morning) and get over to the office so that he and Chris can manage the event.

There was also mention made of how he looks forward to when MA has setup the infrastructure in place for PPs to do individual updates, so that they will be able to do more frequent Arkadia content updates to give the place a fresh look at all times.

I think next time I shall start taking notes ;)

Unfortunately I still lacked the leverage to pry from him the info on where to loot the Arkadian Mod Merc or Mod Fap :(

We are hoping for another meetup sometime in January, and hopefully more people will turn up this time. It's always good to have those who create the fun we want listening to us and trying to give us what we want. Those who want to join in, please let me know in PM or in the thread. I will help co-ordinate things. The meetup will be in Singapore.