1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animal AI behavior

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Tikki, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Tikki

Tikki Member

Hi All,
    I really like the creativity shown in animal design but I get a little bored with mobs who just stand there. What I mean is there lacks that realistic herd mentality or animal like activity. Its just mobs stationed at certain distances apart turning back and forth. It would be cool to see a more animal like behavior exhibited like herding, migration, eating, etc.
    Also it would be fun to have aggression vary as well. For the scary ones highly aggressive and for the ones that are more like "cows" be more passive. I think of Star Wars where there are some alien monsters just being around and no one pays attention to them.
    Anyway just a thought :D

2. Fox

Fox Member

Hehe, you hunters again. Why are the animals not allowed to run away? Think of a herd of Exarosaur, that run away, when a shot is fired. It is not really natural behavior that all animals attack you and fight to the death, even small ones, that hardly can harm your knee. Evolutionary spoken should be no species on Calypso, because they all got killed before reproducing... :p

3. Tikki

Tikki Member

Yes there in lies the problem. In real hunting animals do run away, very few try attack you head on, and in most cases one or two shots can bring down an animal. Some animals like the wild boar has cartilage that acts like armour plating making the placement of shot even more critical. So I think its kind of a challenge. Do we bring complete reality to hunting? (Think of the old deer hunting games) I guess I envision something in between what currently exists and reality. Animals with better senses, a little more skittish, and maybe shot placement having an effect. Maybe there could be certain places on each species that is its weakness? More reality would be fun :)

4. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

It would be nice indeed to have shot placement, but that I think would kinda get rid of the whole skilling thing... The more skilled you are (via points etc) the more damage/consistently well placed shots etc...

5. Fox

Fox Member

Hm?! The skills don't help you hitting better, vantastic. They just let you use better weapons... :p

And Tikki, EU is NOT a hunting game... it shouldn't be be...

6. Tikki

Tikki Member

:) Fair enough Fox. As this was the wish list and as it is one of the main activities it would be nice to see something more real. After all hunting for treasure will allow opportunities. If it comes about great! Again wish list :D

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Id like to see something like Deus Ex where the more skill you have in say rifle the less you gun waivers during the shot. Thing like stamina come in to play for the length of time you can hold a shooting position to make an accurate shot. Higher anatomy skill would bring the likelyhood of a killing or criticly wounding shot to hit.

Things like this would enhance the game not like current standards of click an auto fire button, stand in one place for 5 minutes till you chip mob health to 0. Hunting system in EU has become such a gaming joke its not funny. Any real hunter would have dedicated weapons he has customised over time to suit his needs.. not a thow away gun grabbed from a vending machine every 2 to 4 hours.

8. Tikki

Tikki Member

Yes. Thats the kind of addition that would make it interesting. Treasure hunting will be the main task but we will hunt and mine along the way. Treasures will take time to find. I think adding extra challenges to Arkadia adds to the whole treasure hunting experience. But I think we may be stuck if MA dictates hunting to be the same for all planets. (Does anyone know if this is so?)

Although not the main part of Arkadia certainly worth improvement. :)

9. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Well hopefully MA is not responsible for mob placement. If they are then my heart sinks as their newest tactic is to just spam mobs on every square meter of land possible regardless if it is more then 2 tp's away from nearest revive. Hunters NEVER go past that distance now since the inception of "Regen" as they lose to much ped finishing of a mob that has regened to much if they die.

Hopefully there is some balance in the works for those that do not wish to hunt at all but explore and mine like myself. This trend of forcing me to hunt since VU 10 has pushed me closer to just selling out and walkin away more so then any nerf or stupid unnecessary addition they have done so far.