1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estates An Apartment Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Morgan Gekko, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

Ms. Fish got one of the apartments at Celeste Harbor and is just as proud of it as she can be. She was showing it off to me last night and I gave her a few house warming gifts to get her started decorating. The problem we found is that there is one wall in the apartment proper on which she can't hang any items. We tried various different wallhangings and nothing seems to be able to be placed on this wall. Other apartments we checked out are able to put stuff on this wall. Have any of the other apartment owners found that they have a wall that they can't decorate? Other than that, the apartments are great!

(PS. A couple extra item points would nice for the little entry room/display room. Five points isn't much to work with. )

2. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Ok I went in game and Mrs Fish kindly showed me the wall she was having the issue with. We'll have a look at the model and see if we can get it working.

3. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

4. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Had an issue in celeste north 3-1 ...its the wall that curves soon as you walk into the apt. I can't put anything on it. Once you get past the curve part then you can. Is that the same wall you were having an issue with?

-Bemo-

5. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Yes Bemo same wall, we are looking into it today, it's likely the invisible ownership box (estate box) that we should be able to adjust.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Tyvm for reply and for looking into it.

-Bemo-

7. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

Has any progress been made on this wall issue? In talking with other apt. owners, in the odd numbered apts. the curved wall can't be used. In the even number apts. its the opposite wall, the big one. Having an even number apartment myself, I periodically try to have something on the big wall and so far its no bueno.

8. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Even if it has been fixed, I wouldn't expect to see anything change until the next planet partner content update. The last few updates have been platform only changes.

9. David | Arkadia

That is correct, we need a partner update to implement any changes. We are still working on a fix for the apartment wall issue, rest assured we'll implement it as soon as we have it resolved.
    Dave

10. Cly

Cly Active Member

Just FYI - I bought Celeste North 13 - L6 recently, and there are some walls I cannot hang anything on either.

Since there's already a thread for it, I thought I may as well ask: is it by design that the "hangable areas" stop well short of the front windows in most cases? As in: if I move things on a side wall "too close" to a front window (where too close appears to be a value somewhere around 2meters?), suddenly I can't place any more.

Also: the design of the apartments is an open-plan multi-level one... Ideally I would really have liked to place something that would be roughly at eye level if you were on the "bedroom mezzanine" upstairs but over the ground floor area close to the front windows...

I am not sure what fixes for apartments you've put in Dave, but thought since you're already looking at these I'd ask.

If these are just limitations of the spaces involved, I'm sure I'll survive :)

11. Lokia

Lokia Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Cly, for now it is something we have to live with. But I know that they know about this problem since I talked to Cyrus as soon as I found it when I started decorating. And having moved to Ark at the beginning I know that they do a great job of fixing problems in a timely manner.

12. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

Thanks for the responses, David, et al. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, its just that I miss postings often enough that I need to ask what may or may not turn out to be questions already answered. As I said, thanks for the info. :eek: