1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ahhh the launch date for Arkadia...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by XeroX, Feb 28, 2011.

1. keith

keith Member

yeah yeah i know it's a long quote but i have to agree !! thanks for the spoiling Dave and the A-Team !! lol keep up the great work !! take your time git it right !! i'll wait for that one =)

2. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Can't wait for Entropia Times this WE since it has a focus on Arkadia! :)
    However one question remains... will the articles narrow down the launch time window for Arkadia? ^^

3. BigBertha

BigBertha New Member

Sounds great about the release.. :) Better try all the bugs (atleast the bugs that can be fixed before releaseing it :)

4. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

I'm waiting here patiently for the launching of Arkadia's Planet, as I know, it's totally WORTH the waiting :D

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

It's just a matter of a few hours now and the magazine will be published. :p Lykke and I finished up the last of it about 7 hours ago, and she got everything prepped for when she wakes up. I'm taking a nap, and I have my alarm set to meet up with her to share the launch of our 3rd issue.

And yes, the focus is clearly on Arkadia ... the content is quite fabulous, and Arkadia will shine, thanks to Dave, Cyrus and the A-Team who gave us photos, interviews, and other awesome content.

Also, a HUGE thank you from me to Dave for the inspiration in writing the one article that I did this time that is quite different than anything I've written in the magazines so far. I had a great deal of fun with it, and it's one of those articles that you have to read all the way through before drawing conclusions. :p

See you in a while. :)

6. XeroX

Yeah the latest issue was the most interestning one for me so far since it was focused on Arkadia. I think the interviews clearly second the faith we put into the Arkadia Studios. Oh and I write WE for a reason because the screenshots with creatures in them and Ozis [IIRC] comment that the weapons have been implemented already show that there is some serious progress. I really enjoyed seing creatures in place already because it avoids the "here is a tree, look it's pretty... but of no importance" feeling I had in the past pre launch pics of other PPs.
    Nevertheless paper doesn't blush. So we will only know whether or not Ozis claim that they made the best Planet so far holds true once we can test it ourselves. So back to the topic of this thread now: when will that be?

Personaly I think the ET would have been an excellent opportunity to announce that with a bang but then again all the material provided was more than enough of a bang for today so no real need for even more.

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

For those of you who don't use Facebook, here are a couple of quotes from Ozi (Dave) today. Happy Happy :)

"Launch will definitely be before 30th June 2011"

and

"I'd suggest trying to get caught up on the back story, remember - launch will be BEFORE June 30, not on June 30. We'll do our best to give some notice of when launch will be, although it's likely to be only a week or less before the launch."

I had saved it all in a word doc so I could print it out and read it all together like a book, maybe time to get caught up now it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

Nice find!
    Thanks for sharing ;)

9. XeroX

OK I guess that can be considered good news! :) PLEASE try to make it 1week in advance announcement... see it as a compliment:
    Arkadia launch is a big enough event that it needs that much preparation time! :)

10. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

That would be nice :) However, it might have to be something like, "Arkadia will be launching in around a week or so" so that there is no set date in case something happens.

11. Calin

Calin Member

A little heads up might be nice so we can pack up our stuff. :)

12. MindStar9

Oh, just go pack your stuff right now my friend ... keep out only the bare necessities if you're active on another planet, then it won't take so long to throw it in with the rest of the stuff. :p

And for those of you who have not gone through the entire storyline, I highly recommend it for sure. After following this storyline and stepping on the planet for the first time, it's going to have a whole different feel than just stepping on the planet blindly (for me anyway). Getting to know the history and evolution thus far after discovery gives the planet an elevated sense of intensity (IMO), and has already inspired a lengthy to-do list that I'm ready to get started on.

I want to breathe in Celeste Harbour and establish both my residency and the Media HQ that will serve as the extension of the EntropiaPlanets Media Center, and then meet with Dr. Zhen to see if I can gain more information about the 12 archaeological locations. My news reporting will start almost immediately ... I will waste no time sharing uncovered information with the community.

I thank Dave and the A-Team for being so engaging, but on an ending note ... keep in mind that when Arkadia launches, there will no longer be a weekly update to the story ... instead, we as inhabitants of Arkadia will have an opportunity to contribute toward the ongoing evolution and story that will become Arkadian history.

Everything in me says ... this isn't going to be just another planet. :)

13. Larkin

Exactly :p Sell all the stuff you aren't going to need; it's an extra 5 - 10 minutes of packing and unpacking when Arkadia launches instead of exploring :)

Yep! It's great actually knowing some information about the planet and backstory before getting there :)

What Arkadia Studios said about us contributing towards the story is really exciting. Everything we do has a consequence and matters in the storyline of Arkadia. That's so awesome!

14. MindStar9

I couldn't agree more Larkin, thanks for your responses! :)

15. Larkin

Yay! I love how everyone is so caring (and awesome) here :)

16. XeroX

I guess the latest newsletter kinda indicates that we can unpack our bags for a while. Target launch date is still some time before june 30th which is like REALLY old news by now. Basicaly nothing changed about that in 2 1/2 months so I don't really see it changing any time soon since it didn't in ET and newletter.

17. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

That it, you bought me with that Cyrus, you apology and the fact you replied on the forums.
    If such attention will continue always with planet Arkadia, I'm sure most of the players will move there,
    cuz most of them are tired sick of other planet partners and MA that don't responed to them.

Thank you Cyrus for responding :)
    And yeah take your time guys with the release :)

18. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

I'm afraid the start date will be the end of June, I hope to be wrong. Six montsh waiting is too much. :p

19. XeroX

Ok it has been some time now since the massive ET information sharing. So time to get back to this topic now. We can be 99% sure now that launch isn't in march. Thus the question is which of the next three months will it be? April, May or June?
    Come on A-team that question can't be thaat hard to answer at this stage.

20. Larkin

Don't push them to release a date when they aren't ready. I don't want to see them have to break a promise. Just sit back, relax, and watch some more teasers as they come out :) It will be here soon enough.